Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Should we trade for Tee Higgins?

I don't know how I forgot this, (probably old age), but Bullseye just reminded me that Tee Higgins was Trevor's "go to" receiver in college in 2018 and 2019. Higgins is a big target and ran a sub 4.4/40 coming out of college, so he has the speed we so desperately need. During the two years Higgins and Lawrence played together they put up amazing stats. They combined for 25 TD's and over 2000 yards through the air. Higgins was nearly a 1,000 yard receiver on a very bad Bengals team last year, where Burrow was hurt early on, so I really expected him to take a huge leap this season and be the #1 guy in Cincinnati. Then they went and drafted Ja'Marr Chase (Burrow's "go to" receiver in college) and all that changed. Now Burrow always looks to Chase for the big play. They also have another very good receiver in Tyler Boyd, so they may be open to trading Higgins. Personally, I would be willing to offer a 2nd and a 4th round selection to bring Higgins to Jacksonville and reform that old connection he had with Lawrence. What do you guys think?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-30-2021, 11:29 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't know how I forgot this, (probably old age), but Bullseye just reminded me that Tee Higgins was Trevor's "go to" receiver in college in 2018 and 2019. Higgins is a big target and ran a sub 4.4/40 coming out of college, so he has the speed we so desperately need. During the two years Higgins and Lawrence played together they put up amazing stats. They combined for 25 TD's and over 2000 yards through the air. Higgins was nearly a 1,000 yard receiver on a very bad Bengals team last year, where Burrow was hurt early on, so I really expected him to take a huge leap this season and be the #1 guy in Cincinnati. Then they went and drafted Ja'Marr Chase (Burrow's "go to" receiver in college) and all that changed. Now Burrow always looks to Chase for the big play. They also have another very good receiver in Tyler Boyd, so they may be open to trading Higgins. Personally, I would be willing to offer a 2nd and a 4th round selection to bring Higgins to Jacksonville and reform that old connection he had with Lawrence. What do you guys think?
Why would the Bengals trade him though?

I would love to have Higgins but I highly doubt the Bengals would trade him.

Trade him for what?
As cleat suggests player has to be available. I could build a nice roster with other teams good players that are not for trade all day

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2021, 12:16 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Why might the Bengals trade him? They have other needs and currently WR is one of their deepest positions. They have a budding superstar in Ja'Marr Chase and Tyler Boyd would move right up to be an excellent #2. Higgins is meant to be a #1 receiver in this league, but he won't be that in Cincinnati, because of the long standing chemistry between Burrow and Chase. They used a 2nd round pick to draft Higgins, so it would take more than that to acquire him. I say offer a 2nd and a 4th and go up to a 2nd and a 3rd, only if they insist on more. It would be a deal well spent, imo. Lawrence and Higgins have that connection and it might make Trevor feel more comfortable knowing he has someone he is very familiar with and has success with in the past. The Bengals might be looking to the future knowing Higgins is not gonna want to re-sign with them, since he has no shot of being a #1 receiver there. What would it hurt to inquire about such a trade? I'd rather spend a couple draft picks on a guy like Higgins, than roll the dice with someone in the draft or free agency who doesn't know Lawrence. The Bengals might turn down such an offer, but then again, maybe they would be open to it. It never hurts to check these things out.

(11-30-2021, 11:40 AM)Kane Wrote: Trade him for what?
As cleat suggests player has to be available. I could build a nice roster with other teams good players that are not for trade all day

At the end of the original post, I laid it out. A 2nd and a 4th round pick, but I'd go as high as a 2nd and a 3rd, if they insisted on more.

No we need fast receivers

I like the idea but I don't really see why Bengals would agree.

(11-30-2021, 11:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-30-2021, 11:29 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't know how I forgot this, (probably old age), but Bullseye just reminded me that Tee Higgins was Trevor's "go to" receiver in college in 2018 and 2019. Higgins is a big target and ran a sub 4.4/40 coming out of college, so he has the speed we so desperately need. During the two years Higgins and Lawrence played together they put up amazing stats. They combined for 25 TD's and over 2000 yards through the air. Higgins was nearly a 1,000 yard receiver on a very bad Bengals team last year, where Burrow was hurt early on, so I really expected him to take a huge leap this season and be the #1 guy in Cincinnati. Then they went and drafted Ja'Marr Chase (Burrow's "go to" receiver in college) and all that changed. Now Burrow always looks to Chase for the big play. They also have another very good receiver in Tyler Boyd, so they may be open to trading Higgins. Personally, I would be willing to offer a 2nd and a 4th round selection to bring Higgins to Jacksonville and reform that old connection he had with Lawrence. What do you guys think?
Why would the Bengals trade him though?

We could offer up an OC and kicker.

(11-30-2021, 01:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-30-2021, 11:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Why would the Bengals trade him though?

We could offer up an OC and kicker.

Urban loves Ohio...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The Bengals will not deal Tee Higgins, an important piece of their offensive weaponry for Burrows. Also, he has 2 1/2 years left under a rookie wage, allowing them to target other positions with the cap dollars. It's worth a phone call, but just not realistic.

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2021, 01:25 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(11-30-2021, 01:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-30-2021, 01:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: We could offer up an OC and kicker.

Urban loves Ohio...

Urban packages himself and Wright to the Bengals in exchange for Higgins.

Mike Williams is set to be a FA at the end of the year and could be a target for the team.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

No. we should build through the draft as much as possible

No, it would cost us at least a 2nd even of they were willing to trade him. Sign one in FA and use that pick to continue to build the roster

(11-30-2021, 02:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: No, it would cost us at least a 2nd even of they were willing to trade him.  Sign one in FA and use that pick to continue to build the roster

Yeah, see, we keep doing this, and it keeps not working.

My Bengals fan buddies love Higgins.  Trading for him could do for Trevor what Diggs did for Allen.

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2021, 03:18 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(11-30-2021, 12:22 PM)Doc Holliday904 Wrote: No we need fast receivers

Higgins ran a sub 4.4/40 coming out of college. How much faster do you want? Be realistic.

(11-30-2021, 12:51 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: I like the idea but I don't really see why Bengals would agree.

Again, maybe they won't, but it never hurts to inquire. What's the worst that can happen? They say no and we move on. You never hit pitches that you don't swing at.

(11-30-2021, 01:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-30-2021, 01:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: We could offer up an OC and kicker.

Urban loves Ohio...

He loves what's in Ohio and Nebraska. LOL.

(11-30-2021, 01:23 PM)ATLjag Wrote: The Bengals will not deal Tee Higgins, an important piece of their offensive weaponry for Burrows.  Also, he has 2 1/2 years left under a rookie wage, allowing them to target other positions with the cap dollars.  It's worth a phone call, but just not realistic.

That's all I'm saying...........

(11-30-2021, 01:46 PM)wrong_box Wrote: No. we should build through the draft as much as possible

I used to think that too, but this team has proven over and over that they don't know how to draft good players. I have zero faith in this front office to draft good players. Zero!

(11-30-2021, 02:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: No, it would cost us at least a 2nd even of they were willing to trade him.  Sign one in FA and use that pick to continue to build the roster
If it's just a 2nd, I would do it.

Is Higgins better than any of the WR prospects that would be there for the Jags in round 2? Most likely. Add in the fact that he has a clear connection with Trevor and I think it's a good deal.

However, it's a moot point because the Bengals aren't trading him.

Duh! The Bengals used a 2nd round pick to draft Higgins. They would want more than what they paid, since he has exceeded expectations. I'll take him over what we can get in the draft and you guys are dreaming if you think we're gonna find a #1 WR in free agency. No good player is gonna want to come to this crapfest of a team, no matter how much we offer. We are the laughing stock of the NFL.

It would be worth contacting the Bengals for sure. I'd also offer a 2nd and 4th rounder. He's only 22, has a rookie deal and a good history with Trevor. No way the Bengals would do this, however. Why take away a weapon for Burrow? Receivers obviously get hurt and having 3 very good receivers is something the Bengals will not want to change.

(11-30-2021, 03:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
If it's just a 2nd, I would do it.

Is Higgins better than any of the WR prospects that would be there for the Jags in round 2? Most likely. Add in the fact that he has a clear connection with Trevor and I think it's a good deal.

However, it's a moot point because the Bengals aren't trading him.

They certainly wouldn't trade him for a 2nd. Nobody in their right mind would take that low-ball deal. They used a 2nd round pick to draft him and he has exceeded expectations. We'd be getting a #1 WR, so you have to be able to take some risks. It would cost us at least a 2nd and a 4th, maybe a 2nd and a 3rd. IMO, that would be well worth it. It would take a rookie time to develop chemistry with Lawrence and nothing would be guaranteed. With Higgins, there is already familiarity and chemistry. Sometimes you gotta overpay to get good players and this would be one of those times. I can't take anymore of the terrible football this team keeps puking onto the field, week after week. It's simply unwatchable. Bold moves need to be made. Is it a long shot, yes, but if we offer the Bengals way more than what they paid for Higgins, there may be a chance. A small one, but it's still a chance.