Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Derrick Henry the best RB ever?

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2022, 10:08 AM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-15-2022, 06:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Never saw Jim Brown, Walter Payton nor Barry Sanders play. Yet, somehow, I know they're considered the all time greats regardless of era. I know people are also high on Emmitt Smith. Then you can start looking at other players like Earl Campbell and Tony Dorsett, etc. You could even throw O.J Simpson's name in there. I still think his 2,000 yard season in 14 games in Buffalo will forever be the most impressive season any RB churned out in any era.

For me? When I go back and look at any highlights or some of the old heads that were interviewed. I would say it's Jim Brown though. Followed by Walter Payton and Barry Sanders running up behind both of them quick. Barry Sanders probably had plenty left in the tank and he would have probably went onto eclipsing damn near 20,000 career rushing yards if he really wanted it. He played the game relatively well and he was quick enough to avoid a lot of contact.

His highlight reels are a ton of fun to watch. I get a kick out of those runs he had on the Buccaneers back in the 90's.

Growing up though I did get to see quite a bit of great RB's. Faulk, Peterson, Taylor, Tomlinson, Gore & Martin. I feel like Henry and Taylor are the last of a dying breed.

I grew up after the Jim Brown era but I understand he was just bigger, stronger, and quicker than the rest so I'll accept him being the greatest RB of all time.  That said, the greatest RB that I've ever seen play was OJ Simpson.  He was pretty much a 1 man show in Buffalo.   He was like a bigger version of Tony Dorsett.  His cut backs were unreal.  I'd have to say Earl Campbell was probably the most fun to watch as he was so big, quick, and reckless.  Luckily the Steelers were able to shut him down in 3 consecutive playoff games but he was pretty amazing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Derrick Henry the best RB ever? - by Mikey - 10-19-2021, 08:52 AM
RE: Is Derrick Henry the best RB ever? - by Jag88 - 10-19-2021, 06:52 AM
RE: Is Derrick Henry the best RB ever? - by Mikey - 10-22-2021, 09:13 AM
RE: Is Derrick Henry the best RB ever? - by Jag88 - 10-21-2021, 11:55 PM
Is Derrick Henry the best RB ever? - by p_rushing - 10-22-2021, 11:51 PM
RE: Is Derrick Henry the best RB ever? - by Kane - 10-25-2021, 12:50 PM
RE: Is Derrick Henry the best RB ever? - by Mikey - 11-02-2021, 09:15 AM
RE: Is Derrick Henry the best RB ever? - by JW - 11-01-2021, 08:17 PM
RE: Is Derrick Henry the best RB ever? - by Jag88 - 11-03-2021, 06:29 AM
RE: Is Derrick Henry the best RB ever? - by Mikey - 11-03-2021, 09:15 AM
RE: Is Derrick Henry the best RB ever? - by Jag88 - 11-04-2021, 03:19 AM