Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
SI Mock

I like the trade and believe it is a possibility if Pickett lights it up at the Senior Bowl and combine. If Pickett clearly separates himself from the other quarterbacks, the Giants might be afraid of another team moving up and "stealing" him before their pick at #5. Pickett is certainly not worth the number 1 pick, but teams in need of a quarterback often do stupid things.

While I like the trade, I don't agree with the selection of Ojabo at 7. He does not have a complete skill-set due to his weakness stopping the run. How much of his success is due to opponents double-teaming Hutchinson? The 2022 draft class is loaded with promising Edge rushers and the Jaguars could wait until rounds 2 or even 3 to get one. Cameron Thomas is the one I prefer at this point because he is very versatile and was constantly pressuring the quarterback. Rather than taking Ojabo, I'd absolutely take a wide receiver at pick 7. This is the team's greatest need so why not take the player you have rated highest at this position? Williams, Wilson, London and Burks appear to be the top 4 at this time with Olave and Dotson slightly behind. Any one of those 4 receivers would likely become the Jaguars #1 so why wait until the 2nd round and be forced to take your 6th or 7th favorite at this position? Even if they sign Godwin, Gallup or Williams in free agency, I'd still take a receiver at 7.

The selection of Ekwonu at 5 would be fine. Many say he'd have to play inside at the NFL level, but the same was said about Rashawn Slater. If not for Jamar Chase, he'd be in contention for ROY. He and Evan Neal would both be good selections since the offensive line has been neglected for way too long. Ekwonu would bring an attitude to the offensive line and I do like his versatility so he'd be my preference.

Messages In This Thread
SI Mock - by MIJagsFan - 01-22-2022, 03:03 AM
RE: SI Mock - by TheO-LineMatters - 01-22-2022, 03:43 AM
RE: SI Mock - by DTWD4∞ - 01-22-2022, 11:15 AM
RE: SI Mock - by BristolianJaguar - 01-22-2022, 05:14 AM
RE: SI Mock - by jaglou53 - 01-22-2022, 11:33 AM
RE: SI Mock - by TheO-LineMatters - 01-22-2022, 12:13 PM
RE: SI Mock - by Caldrac - 01-22-2022, 11:47 AM
RE: SI Mock - by Upper - 01-22-2022, 01:20 PM
RE: SI Mock - by MIJagsFan - 01-23-2022, 04:31 AM
RE: SI Mock - by rfc17 - 01-23-2022, 09:21 AM
RE: SI Mock - by Black and Teal - 01-23-2022, 07:50 AM