Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What's the point?

(01-27-2022, 01:48 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 01:29 AM)AlsJagsFan Wrote: I've read a few articles and tweets suggesting that Baalke will be fired after the draft. What benefit is there in doing that? My opinion is there are teams looking to hire their GMs currently so the draft argument holds little water in my opinion. Sure I'm sure he's done some work, but it's not just him the scouts have as well any new GM would get the same info from the scouts. I understand people's opinions of shad, but assuming he will be let go after the draft what logical reason am I missing?

What? That would possibly be the dumbest move in the history of the franchise, even worse than hiring Meyer. Why let Baalke screw up our draft and then fire him? That makes absolutely no sense at all. It would almost be as bad as keeping him. What good GM is gonna want to come here after the draft, when some other loser has put his draft picks on the team. I sure as hell wouldn't! Your basically stuck with those players whether you like them or not. 

I'm convinced Dave Caldwell knew he was basically out the door when he selected C.J. Henderson and K'Lavon Chaisson, so he intentionally tanked that draft as a middle finger to the team. Neither one of those picks ever made any sense to me. If we let Baalke stay only to get us through the draft and then fire him afterwards, what is to keep him from doing the same?
I think the plan was already set in place for Meyer but Meyer wanted to wait 1 year until a QB was available to draft.

Caldwell definitely knew he was gone but I don't think he would tank it. He wouldn't be able to work anywhere if he did that. I'm not sure who made the calls but it was probably a group pick.

There is no reason to keep GM. You have scouts who do most of the work and then you just need to analyze the data and rank the players. For FA you would have to have the HC say the GM is gone or it could affect players and agents answering their phones. It's just another Khan Jag decision.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
What's the point? - by AlsJagsFan - 01-27-2022, 01:29 AM
RE: What's the point? - by TheO-LineMatters - 01-27-2022, 01:48 AM
RE: What's the point? - by Mikey - 01-27-2022, 09:16 AM
RE: What's the point? - by p_rushing - 01-27-2022, 02:30 AM
RE: What's the point? - by flsprtsgod - 01-27-2022, 06:08 AM
RE: What's the point? - by SeldomRite - 01-27-2022, 07:07 AM
RE: What's the point? - by TheO-LineMatters - 01-27-2022, 10:31 AM
RE: What's the point? - by flsprtsgod - 01-27-2022, 05:14 PM
RE: What's the point? - by Mikey - 01-28-2022, 09:39 AM
RE: What's the point? - by TheO-LineMatters - 01-28-2022, 09:44 AM