Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug Pederson reportedly gets 2nd interview with Jaguars.

(02-02-2022, 10:13 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 10:09 AM)Mikey Wrote: ...because Pederson handled the dumpster fire in Philly so well on his way out.

You still haven't answered my question, what exactly about this team (besides its boneheaded owner making the big decisions) do you qualify as evidence of a dumpster fire?

I am all for Leftwich versus Pederson who I consider a loser that just talks a lot of [BLEEP] nonstop.

But at the same time.... Jacksonville IS a dumpster fire of a team. Khan should have fired Baalke with Urban. That's Day One, Bro.

Since he hasn't it's just a garbage dump lit on fire. That's worse than a dumpster fire. This is like Staten Island being lit on fire.

I get that Khan's hand is making everything an uphill battle, and you could say it's been that way since he decided to keep Marrone/Caldwell for 2020, yet again a year too long.

But, we have plenty of cap space.
We don't have players disgruntled over their contract situations.
We don't have players griping about the coaching (or at least en masse)
We don't have players demanding trades to get outta town.
We (presently) aren't taking flack from the PA regarding our treatment of our players.
We have a young team that can grow rather than face aging and depreciated performance or retirements
We have a potential franchise QB in place that appears to have the confidence of the locker room.

Outside of the GM/owner fiasco presently, I don't see a lot of specific toxicity that we've experienced in the past. You could argue that a lot of the moves over the last 2-3 years have remedied a lot of those ills. Now if the claim is that the mere presence of the owner or GM trumps every other consideration, that may have some merit. But, it's a lot easier to move on from a GM than to have a great GM and still have to fix all the crap that would be present if the above conditions were still unsettled. Sure, our record over the past few years has been miserable, but I don't see that as being the future outlook of the team. 

I don't see it as a dumpster fire. I could be wrong. Shad's presence alone may be a leaking barrel of kerosene. He's certainly not helping at this point. But outside of his flawed patience, stubbornness, whatever you'd call it, the team itself is not a lost cause.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Doug Pederson reportedly gets 2nd interview with Jaguars. - by Mikey - 02-02-2022, 10:39 AM