Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug Pederson reportedly gets 2nd interview with Jaguars.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2022, 08:17 PM by chris hill.)

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2022...h-leftwich

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This would be the best we could do if Baalke stayed, I think. Pederson has the experience to go nose to nose with Baalke if he had to - and he probably would.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(01-31-2022, 08:29 PM)Sibelius Wrote: This would be the best we could do if Baalke stayed, I think. Pederson has the experience to go nose to nose with Baalke if he had to - and he probably would.

Agree..

When does this interview happen?

(01-31-2022, 08:34 PM)Jags Wrote: When does this interview happen?

Tomorrow

This could be it. This late in the process, this very well could be. Not sure how I feel about it. Torn. It doesn't matter though. I just hope it works out well who ever is chosen

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2022, 09:25 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

I would have been fine with Pederson originally. Now that he is the disqualified suddenly circled back upon for whatever reason he is far less appealing now (not to mention several people who said his first interview was very unimpressive).

I could maybe get behind him if he sticks to his no Baalke guns, but if he is suddenly taking a second interview because he didn't receive nearly as much interest as he thought so he is going to work with Baalke because it's his only option then hell no. And I fear that is the case.

Khan keeping Baalke is detrimental to the Jaguars organization. Shad Khan if he keeps him is demonstrating his utter ignorance of what the rest of the league already knows. Not firing Baalke is slapping all Jaguar fans in the face…
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Please hire him immediately.

(01-31-2022, 09:31 PM)Newton Wrote: Please hire him immediately.

I want to know why no one else has wanted to hire him.

(01-31-2022, 09:53 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:

Some guys do not interview well.  Look at Bienemey in KC.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2022, 10:08 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Who cares?  Get our guy.  The Bears interviewed him, the Saints want to.  Why does no team want Leftwich?  Why did no one else want Daboll/ McDaniels etc. Nobody knows what's going on in these interviews, could be money, roster  control etc. We just need to get the guy that'd best for us and don't worry about what these other teams are doing at HC

(01-31-2022, 09:57 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 09:53 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: I want to know why no one else has wanted to hire him.

Some guys do not interview well.  Look at Bienemey in KC.

So many factors can come into play. Could be money/ power etc.   He might not want to coach just any team and he likes the idea of coaching Trevor Lawrence and wants the chance to develop him.  Nobody really knows.  We just need to hire him tomorrow before the Saints do.

Yes please!

If other teams want to turn up their noses at a Super Bowl winning head coach with an offensive mindset and experience developing QBs, it's fine with me. 

Let them.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-31-2022, 10:16 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 09:53 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: I want to know why no one else has wanted to hire him.

If other teams want to turn up their noses at a Super Bowl winning head coach with an offensive mindset and experience developing QBs, it's fine with me. 

Let them.

Exactly, lol. We need to worry about us for once and get the guy best for the Jags.  If we can get our guy who cares what these other teams do

(01-31-2022, 10:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 10:16 PM)Bullseye Wrote: If other teams want to turn up their noses at a Super Bowl winning head coach with an offensive mindset and experience developing QBs, it's fine with me. 

Let them.

Exactly, lol. We need to worry about us for once and get the guy best for the Jags.  If we can get our guy who cares what these other teams do

The way I see it, I'm almost positive Caldwell would make a better GM than Baalke, but I'm not sure he would make a better one than Wilson.

I favor Pederson over BL due to experience, but I think BL would be a good choice here.

I think both run systems that TL could thrive in, with Pederson running the Reid derivative WCO and BL running the Coryell derivative Arians scheme.

But either combination should be light years above what we had this past season.

It seemed like Doug was an afterthought until the situation with Byron started happening.

What changed? Why is he just now getting a second interview?

I had Doug as my top choice when we fired Meyer, but these are legit questions.

(01-31-2022, 10:43 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: It seemed like Doug was an afterthought until the situation with Byron started happening.

Those are legit lines of inquiry.

But if despite all that's transpired, the Jaguars end up hiring Pederson in spite of themselves, then I'll be happy...especially if it means Baalke is removied or at least has his influence minimized.

(01-31-2022, 10:43 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: It seemed like Doug was an afterthought until the situation with Byron started happening.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/e...nt-nowhere

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2022, 11:02 PM by OzJohnnie. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-31-2022, 09:24 PM)Upper Wrote: I would have been fine with Pederson originally. Now that he is the disqualified suddenly circled back upon for whatever reason he is far less appealing now (not to mention several people who said his first interview was very unimpressive).

I could maybe get behind him if he sticks to his no Baalke guns, but if he is suddenly taking a second interview because he didn't receive nearly as much interest as he thought so he is going to work with Baalke because it's his only option then hell no. And I fear that is the case.

It could be that he floated conditions in the first talk, perhaps not as drastic as fire balke, that aren’t so bad now. On Balke specifically he may have said something like “I’ll work with him but all these other things must apply.”

If I remember, UM reported to Kahn, not balke. Maybe Kahn decided UM went wrong because the chain of command was poorly designed.  Balke would have certainly made that argument.  But pederson and others perhaps are saying they will only join if they also report direct to leadership and have personnel approvals. So now Kahn is going back and talking to people with a different model in mind.