Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fantastic Job Mr Khan! He took a ton of heat but got the guy we needed!

(02-04-2022, 11:55 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 11:46 PM)Jags@dajugular Wrote: Most are gaslighting like they do with everything when their alternative facts don't get no traction. You can use the how you know defense all you want. Here are the facts 1) You had a head start on everyone 2) Trying to hire with snake pushing for Obrien when it's seems most teams don't want to touch him is telling 3) You tried to hire 2 coaches before him our Coach Pederson 4) Information got out that you were hiring Byron until you weren't 5) Then every alternative got hired rightly so by competent Front Offices in the brute off everyone 6) Then you tried to interview Coach Kevin but failed to do an initial interview having to wait till after the Super,..... Errrr he didn't even make it to the game until another Competent Front Office sign him leaving you looking desperate. 6) The snake is still GM even after the PR debacle we are still dealing because of him. Byron did himself a favor they don't deserve him so you alternative facts cats can gaslight but In the National media this is the lowest our reputation has been. When your fans comes out in clown suits you were covered by the fans by their antics but now the whole league sees it was because of you incompetence. Now come with your insults.

Hahaha, most of this is based off rumors that may or may not be true.

Most started with that tool Dilla and he has been wrong on most of his predictions recently.

There isn't one official reporter stating we offered the job to anyone else. Prove me wrong if that is false.

The facts, ie everything that we "know" is internet speculation, are on your side.  Other than the wishful thinking here and elsewhere on the internets there is no statement anywhere that Byron was offered the job.  He was most certainly asked what conditions, changes, etc he needed to be successful in the job.  Pederson was as well, perhaps even others were asked.  But only Leftwich's agent went into overdrive trying to either spook the competition (like Pederson) or parlay the noise into interviews with other clubs (create a little FOMO, as the kids say).

The FOMO certainly worked on the cool cucumbers here.  Fortunately, an experienced coach like Pederson seems to have avoided the distraction, avoided the gossiping and simply presented a compelling plan for the club with achievable asks to get there.  Every coach who made it to the second interview had the opportunity to make this argument, "This is what I can do for you, this is how I'll do it, and this is what I need from you to get there."  Pederson's was the best.  Not surprising as he took a month between the first and second interview to put his case together.  I suspect it had some detailed analysis and ready-to-go actions.

We'll see soon enough but I'm very glad we took an experienced hand to steer the club at this point.

Messages In This Thread