Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
PSA: Jaguars Press Conference at 11:50 AM

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2022, 06:45 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-05-2022, 06:09 PM)AlsJagsFan Wrote:
(02-05-2022, 05:46 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Quotas for hiring have never gone over well in any field. If you're placing quotas on hiring then you're even worse off than monetarily incentivizing the hiring of minorities.

It's like I said, if the NFL wants to make it happen, and I don't know that they do, then there needs to be a cost and reward system put into place. With my idea if all the teams have the same minority representation then no one ends up paying anything, but if that number is still too white then any team can come along and hire a bunch of minorities and reap the benefits. The system eventually reaches a state of equilibrium where no team is profiting from it because they all have reasonably hired the qualified black candidates, and no teams are likely to give up on winning to get a few dollars a year extra hiring people that are unqualified to do the jobs.

But the problem is then teams are hiring the right amount of minorities, but they don't have any positions of actual authority. I think with my method you're still bringing in good coaches and if there are limited minorities it could be because they simply aren't applying at the initial 100 step
We really ought to have a separate thread to discus this.  

I think they messed up changing the rule to interview 2 minorities.  Before, you had a potential coach being interviewed  to fulfill the rule.  Like someone said, I’d be wondering if I was being called in because they need to feel a rule or not.  Now you’ve got 2 minorities wondering that.  This year 18 black men will be wondering the same thing.  When does it work? When you force teams to interview 4 or 5?  That’s silly.  Idk how you encourage someone to hire a specific person or race.  That seems wrong too. Most people that hire want the best possible candidate.  I don’t think you can incentivize hiring minorities.   Everything about this seems to come off as “ok mr minority,  we’ll throw you a bone”.  It doesn’t seem genuine.  Seems like one could or should take more offense.  Oh you hired me cause I’m black and you got “x”?  

Idk how you “solve” the problem, if that is even the right word.   But if the NFL set a minimum of interviews needed in general, say 4 or 5, more minorities would get an interview anyways and they wouldn’t be wondering if the “black quota” was reached. You’re not forcing a team to interview anyone.  May the best man win.

Messages In This Thread
RE: PSA: Jaguars Press Conference at 11:50 AM - by Jags - 02-05-2022, 06:43 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 02-06-2022, 02:44 AM