Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fantastic Job Mr Khan! He took a ton of heat but got the guy we needed!

(02-07-2022, 09:48 AM)Ronster Wrote: Looking back at all the criticism we gave Khan , I think a lot of it was unfair to him. He really does seem to have this cities best interest at heart; and realistically it’s probably wise not to fire Baalke, yet. Mr. Khan is the owner of the Jags and the Jags have flat out SUCKED so naturally he took a lot of heat. At the end of the day though, maybe this time he got it right. We will see..  so, we should shelve the whole clown thing, for now and let’s get behind this team once again and DuuuVvAall the [BLEEP] out of this thing. The future is bright here in Jacksonville, only place left to go is up!!

You're entitled to think that.
I agree that in the end, his intentions are good. At the same time, though, sometimes the best move is to step out of the way and let someone else do the heavy lifting.
I was not a fan of the clown garbage at the end of the season. Especially with COVID churning rosters on a weekly basis, having the GM serve the remainder of the season seemed at the very least an attempt to not flush what remained of the season down the toilet.
But once the season ended and he refused again to clean the slate and start fresh? Well, I started to wonder what he could see that nobody else could. Then, the hiring process dragged on and on, and it seemed in the end that they were reaching out to anyone that would take their calls for an interview.
I don't know whether we made the right choice or not, but I'm still going to cheer them on and hope we did. We need something to cheer for, after all. But Khan's stubbornness will have earned him every bit of criticism if either of these choices (Baalke and Pederson) fail to get the job done. He made the decision to stand by them through this whole event, and it's going to be his reputation that sinks or swims based on their results.

He'll still do what he can for the team and for the city, but I wonder if his greatest act will be admitting to himself that others may be more capable to steer the team's course.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fantastic Job Mr Khan! He took a ton of heat but got the guy we needed! - by Mikey - 02-07-2022, 10:10 AM