Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
PSA: Jaguars Press Conference at 11:50 AM

(02-09-2022, 02:35 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 01:35 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Kevin Mawae was only 6'4" 289 lbs. and was a 7 time First Team All Pro and an 8 time Pro Bower and a Hall of Famer. 

Dermontti Dawson measured under 6'2" and only 272 lbs. at the Combine. He was a 6 time First Team All Pro, a 7 time Pro Bowler and a Hall of Famer.

Mike Webster was drafted as a 6'1" 255 lb. Center and was a 7 time First Team All Pro, a 9 time Pro Bowler and a Hall of Famer. 

You don't need to be a behemoth to play Center in the NFL. Linderbaum is listed at 6'3" 290 lbs. That is hardly undersized. He's bigger than Dawson and Webster and is basically the same size as Mawae.

For me personally, I have no problem with his size.  I think he will be an excellent center and would love to have him.  I just don't like taking a center in the top half of the first round.  I think centers drop in the draft.  Case in point, the three players you mentioned were taken in the second round, second round and fifth round.  If we look at Jaguar's history, Brad Meester was a late second round pick.  Linder, who I think is a good center when healthy, was a late 3rd round pick.  The best team in Jaguars history was the 1999 team which had a 14-2 record.  They had a fifth rounder starting at center.  To be clear, I'm not saying Linderbaum will drop to the second or that we are guaranteed a hall of famer by waiting, but I think it is not uncommon to find a good center in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round.   If we have a top 10 pick, I'm highly biased in favor of taking a premium position that doesn't usually fall in the draft.

I would normally agree with you, but I think Linderbaum is just that good. I would be perfectly fine taking him in the top half of the first.

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 02-06-2022, 02:44 AM
RE: PSA: Jaguars Press Conference at 11:50 AM - by Charlie Sheen - 02-09-2022, 02:38 AM