Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
PSA: Jaguars Press Conference at 11:50 AM

(02-09-2022, 09:42 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 07:31 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Maybe you should mind your own business, you idiot.

If you don't want bystanders in your business, why are you not shifting to PMs?

How long before you start blocking everyone? That seems to be the modus operandi these days when people start calling others out on their baloney.

As was asked previously, I too am interested in the association that makes you a message board tourist. I can relate, somewhat, in that the first coach my alma mater had that got us to win (Jim Grobe) got a much higher profile job at a P5 school (Wake Forest), and I suddenly cared how Wake did. Now I didn't go to wakeboard.com and start posting puff pieces in his honor, but I did want to see them (and him) succeed.

I'm suspecting some association with Westmar. Sorry to hear the school is shuttered.

(02-08-2022, 08:36 PM)Sibelius Wrote: Given that Spielman likes to trade back on draft picks, what about if we traded back a little and got someone like Tyler Linderbaum who could play OG or center, and then some more players after that? That would give us some prime beef up front right away, as well as a future option for center.

I like the idea of getting Hutchinson, but I also like the thought of bulking up the line and grabbing some extra picks.

Trouble is, who is going to trade up?
Who are they trading for?
Why don't we want to darft that same player?

I'd love to trade, but it looks to be a buyer's market this year.

The question of who will trade up is a good one - it sounds like Spielman is a good salesman for draft swapping, so it would up to him to see what he could do.

As of now, if someone traded for the #1 spot it would be for one of the edge rushers or an OT as those are the presumptive first picks. And I'd love to get any one of those guys - I'm just thinking of all the different needs we have, and wondering if getting more picks might have greater value for us than getting the top pick. 

It's all theoretical at this point - what they do with Cam and who they get in free agency will drive a lot of this. 

For me, we're in a good place. We can keep the #1 pick and build from the trenches as Pederson said - get a tackle or an edge rusher. Or, maybe they can trade and dig out more picks to fill more holes. The more I think about this, the more optimistic I am - especially if (and I say IF) we do hire Spielman and put a muzzle on Mr. Torn ACL.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 02-06-2022, 02:44 AM
RE: PSA: Jaguars Press Conference at 11:50 AM - by Sibelius - 02-09-2022, 10:54 AM