Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who would you take, 2022 edition

(02-12-2022, 01:39 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-12-2022, 01:05 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Personally, I take Watson over Shakir, by the slightest of margins. Both would be good pickups, but ultimately, I believe Watson is just a slightly better route runner.

I easily take Chad Muma over Charlie Kolar. I like Kolar, but there are other TE's I like better. Muma is just a beast and we have a HUGE need at ILB. I'm hoping we trade Myles Jack for another draft pick and someone like Muma who is great against the run and the pass would be a huge upgrade. 

I take Tre McBride over Zion Johnson. McBride is a big play TE who is almost as good as having another receiver out there. He is definitely my #1 TE. I really like Johnson as well, but with his lack of size, he is a pure OG. I know he played some Center during the Senior Bowl, but didn't look very comfortable there. I prefer my O-Linemen to be experienced at multiple positions. 

Next Choice: WR Romeo Doubs vs. TE Isaiah Likely
As for Johnson vs. McBride, that's a tough one because both represent areas of emphasis if you listened to what Pederson had to say.  He specifically mentioned building up the tranches.  The Jaguars have at least three OL slated to become free agents, and Norwell represents one of those FAs.  Pederson also mentioned a pass catching TE.  I think part of that choice is determined or influenced by what happens in the first round.  If the team addresses T in the first round, they might go McBride or some other weapon for TL in the 2nd.  If they went edge rusher, I think they go trenches in round 2.  Given the depth at the TE position, both in free agency and in this draft class, I think I take Johnson here.

I have been a fan of Likely for months, and I take him easily over Doubs.

Next choice:  Sam Williams vs. Tre McBride

This is a good one! Williams had a damn good year blitzing off the edge. I think he's a top 10 OLB in this year's class by all accounts. I still think I would lean towards McBride though. I really like McBride man. Cannot get past the idea of them passing up on this kid if he's on the board staring at us with the 33rd overall pick. 

That's if he's still there. I think he might sneak into RD1. He's a multi sport athlete. He's a high volume guy that got a lot of work in the traditional stance. I think he's barely hit his potential and he'll be even better in the NFL. Especially based on Pederson's philosophy. Hoping we can get Arnold and "new guy insert here" as a TE tandem like they had going on up there in Philadelphia for a little bit between Ertz and Goedert. 

With that said. I hope Williams slips into RD3 somehow. Would be a great fit in a 3 - 4 scheme. Just depends on free agency I guess. I liked this head to head though. Really dig it. 

Next choice: Christian Harris Vs. Devonte Wyatt
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Messages In This Thread
Who would you take, 2022 edition - by Bullseye - 02-11-2022, 08:21 PM
RE: Who would you take, 2022 edition - by Caldrac - 02-11-2022, 10:17 PM
RE: Who would you take, 2022 edition - by Caldrac - 02-12-2022, 08:44 AM
RE: Who would you take, 2022 edition - by Caldrac - 02-12-2022, 09:55 AM
RE: Who would you take, 2022 edition - by Caldrac - 02-12-2022, 12:14 PM
RE: Who would you take, 2022 edition - by Upper - 02-12-2022, 10:57 AM
RE: Who would you take, 2022 edition - by Upper - 02-12-2022, 12:24 PM
RE: Who would you take, 2022 edition - by Mikey - 02-14-2022, 10:27 AM
RE: Who would you take, 2022 edition - by Upper - 02-14-2022, 11:51 AM
RE: Who would you take, 2022 edition - by Caldrac - 02-16-2022, 06:28 PM
RE: Who would you take, 2022 edition - by Caldrac - 02-16-2022, 11:47 PM