Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who would you take, 2022 edition

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2022, 08:22 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

Last year, Upper posted the following...

Quote:[quote pid="1364236" dateline="1615056603"]
I do like the idea of a who would you take thread. I think comparing two guys at positions of heavy need who we have also been linked to would be fun. Something like Jenkins vs Newsome vs Moehrig or something.

[/quote]

This seemed to be pretty popular last spring, so let's do it again this year.

I would propose the following rule change:  Once you give your answer and reasoning, you have to pick the next pair to present to the board to choose from.

Pick 70 or 104   Christian Watson or Khalil Shakir

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2022, 10:18 PM by Caldrac.)

(02-11-2022, 08:21 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Last year, Upper posted the following...

Quote:[quote pid="1364236" dateline="1615056603"]
I do like the idea of a who would you take thread. I think comparing two guys at positions of heavy need who we have also been linked to would be fun. Something like Jenkins vs Newsome vs Moehrig or something.

I would propose the following rule change:  Once you give your answer and reasoning, you have to pick the next pair to present to the board to choose from.

[/quote]Yes to both players. I like them both. Watson has great size and range. Shakir is shifty and can zoom at times with short catches. We need to get better at WR for sure this off season. These two guys offer great value in this scenario. If I can only have one? I take Watson due to his size and range.

Pick 70 or Pick 97. Chad Muma or Charlie Kolar.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2022, 12:55 AM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-11-2022, 10:17 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-11-2022, 08:21 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Last year, Upper posted the following...

Caldrac...
Quote:Yes to both players. I like them both. Watson has great size and range. Shakir is shifty and can zoom at times with short catches. We need to get better at WR for sure this off season. These two guys offer great value in this scenario. If I can only have one? I take Watson due to his size and range.

Regarding Watson vs. Shakir, it's a battle vs size and separation vs. shiftiness and the spectacular acrobatic catch.  In this scenario, I take Watson, though my gut tells me he may be gone by pick 70.  In fact I'm think he could go in the 2nd round by th time the draft rolls around

Pick 70 or 97 Chad Muma or Charlie Kolar

Muma for me.  This is a decision between two guys at schools that typically don't produce many good pros.  Kolar gets the edge in terms of fitting a need, but when I finally saw Muma, I came awat very impressed.  He has very good instincts for the position and is always arund the ball.  He combines those instincts with very good athleticism and hustle.  If the Jaguars took him, he would help our 3-4 a great deal.

Next choice:  Pick 33  Zion Johnson vs. Tre McBride.

(02-12-2022, 12:52 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-11-2022, 10:17 PM)Caldrac Wrote: This seemed to be pretty popular last spring, so let's do it again this year.

Caldrac...
Quote:Yes to both players. I like them both. Watson has great size and range. Shakir is shifty and can zoom at times with short catches. We need to get better at WR for sure this off season. These two guys offer great value in this scenario. If I can only have one? I take Watson due to his size and range.

Regarding Watson vs. Shakir, it's a battle vs size and separation vs. shiftiness and the spectacular acrobatic catch.  In this scenario, I take Watson, though my gut tells me he may be gone by pick 70.  In fact I'm think he could go in the 2nd round by th time the draft rolls around

Muma for me.  This is a decision between two guys at schools that typically don't produce many good pros.  Kolar gets the edge in terms of fitting a need, but when I finally saw Muma, I came awat very impressed.  He has very good instincts for the position and is always arund the ball.  He combines those instincts with very good athleticism and hustle.  If the Jaguars took him, he would help our 3-4 a great deal.

Personally, I take Watson over Shakir, by the slightest of margins. Both would be good pickups, but ultimately, I believe Watson is just a slightly better route runner.

I easily take Chad Muma over Charlie Kolar. I like Kolar, but there are other TE's I like better. Muma is just a beast and we have a HUGE need at ILB. I'm hoping we trade Myles Jack for another draft pick and someone like Muma who is great against the run and the pass would be a huge upgrade. 

I take Tre McBride over Zion Johnson. McBride is a big play TE who is almost as good as having another receiver out there. He is definitely my #1 TE. I really like Johnson as well, but with his lack of size, he is a pure OG. I know he played some Center during the Senior Bowl, but didn't look very comfortable there. I prefer my O-Linemen to be experienced at multiple positions. 

Next Choice: WR Romeo Doubs vs. TE Isaiah Likely

(02-12-2022, 01:05 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-12-2022, 12:52 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Caldrac...

Personally, I take Watson over Shakir, by the slightest of margins. Both would be good pickups, but ultimately, I believe Watson is just a slightly better route runner.

I easily take Chad Muma over Charlie Kolar. I like Kolar, but there are other TE's I like better. Muma is just a beast and we have a HUGE need at ILB. I'm hoping we trade Myles Jack for another draft pick and someone like Muma who is great against the run and the pass would be a huge upgrade. 

I take Tre McBride over Zion Johnson. McBride is a big play TE who is almost as good as having another receiver out there. He is definitely my #1 TE. I really like Johnson as well, but with his lack of size, he is a pure OG. I know he played some Center during the Senior Bowl, but didn't look very comfortable there. I prefer my O-Linemen to be experienced at multiple positions. 

As for Johnson vs. McBride, that's a tough one because both represent areas of emphasis if you listened to what Pederson had to say.  He specifically mentioned building up the tranches.  The Jaguars have at least three OL slated to become free agents, and Norwell represents one of those FAs.  Pederson also mentioned a pass catching TE.  I think part of that choice is determined or influenced by what happens in the first round.  If the team addresses T in the first round, they might go McBride or some other weapon for TL in the 2nd.  If they went edge rusher, I think they go trenches in round 2.  Given the depth at the TE position, both in free agency and in this draft class, I think I take Johnson here.

I have been a fan of Likely for months, and I take him easily over Doubs.

Next choice:  Sam Williams vs. Tre McBride

(02-12-2022, 01:39 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-12-2022, 01:05 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Personally, I take Watson over Shakir, by the slightest of margins. Both would be good pickups, but ultimately, I believe Watson is just a slightly better route runner.

As for Johnson vs. McBride, that's a tough one because both represent areas of emphasis if you listened to what Pederson had to say.  He specifically mentioned building up the tranches.  The Jaguars have at least three OL slated to become free agents, and Norwell represents one of those FAs.  Pederson also mentioned a pass catching TE.  I think part of that choice is determined or influenced by what happens in the first round.  If the team addresses T in the first round, they might go McBride or some other weapon for TL in the 2nd.  If they went edge rusher, I think they go trenches in round 2.  Given the depth at the TE position, both in free agency and in this draft class, I think I take Johnson here.

This is a good one! Williams had a damn good year blitzing off the edge. I think he's a top 10 OLB in this year's class by all accounts. I still think I would lean towards McBride though. I really like McBride man. Cannot get past the idea of them passing up on this kid if he's on the board staring at us with the 33rd overall pick. 

That's if he's still there. I think he might sneak into RD1. He's a multi sport athlete. He's a high volume guy that got a lot of work in the traditional stance. I think he's barely hit his potential and he'll be even better in the NFL. Especially based on Pederson's philosophy. Hoping we can get Arnold and "new guy insert here" as a TE tandem like they had going on up there in Philadelphia for a little bit between Ertz and Goedert. 

With that said. I hope Williams slips into RD3 somehow. Would be a great fit in a 3 - 4 scheme. Just depends on free agency I guess. I liked this head to head though. Really dig it. 

Next choice: Christian Harris Vs. Devonte Wyatt

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-12-2022, 08:44 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-12-2022, 01:39 AM)Bullseye Wrote: As for Johnson vs. McBride, that's a tough one because both represent areas of emphasis if you listened to what Pederson had to say.  He specifically mentioned building up the tranches.  The Jaguars have at least three OL slated to become free agents, and Norwell represents one of those FAs.  Pederson also mentioned a pass catching TE.  I think part of that choice is determined or influenced by what happens in the first round.  If the team addresses T in the first round, they might go McBride or some other weapon for TL in the 2nd.  If they went edge rusher, I think they go trenches in round 2.  Given the depth at the TE position, both in free agency and in this draft class, I think I take Johnson here.

This is a good one! Williams had a damn good year blitzing off the edge. I think he's a top 10 OLB in this year's class by all accounts. I still think I would lean towards McBride though. I really like McBride man. Cannot get past the idea of them passing up on this kid if he's on the board staring at us with the 33rd overall pick. 

That's if he's still there. I think he might sneak into RD1. He's a multi sport athlete. He's a high volume guy that got a lot of work in the traditional stance. I think he's barely hit his potential and he'll be even better in the NFL. Especially based on Pederson's philosophy. Hoping we can get Arnold and "new guy insert here" as a TE tandem like they had going on up there in Philadelphia for a little bit between Ertz and Goedert. 

With that said. I hope Williams slips into RD3 somehow. Would be a great fit in a 3 - 4 scheme. Just depends on free agency I guess. I liked this head to head though. Really dig it. 

Regarding Williams vs. McBride, how much does what happens at pick 1 impact your choice?  If the Jaguars took KT or Hutch at pick 1, is that decision between McBride and Williams still tough?  For me, what happens at 1 plays a huge role in what I might do at 33.  If we took the edge at 1, I don't take Williams at 33 because we
d then already have Allen and KT/Hutch.  In such a deep class and given the important of edge rusher, I might double dip, but I don't think I take my 2nd edge at 33 if we went edge at 1.  OTOH, if we went OL with our first pick, it becomes a very tough choice.  I might err on the side of positional importance, but I think having a security blacnket over the middle is critical to TLs development.  If I took Williams under those circumstances, I might try to move back up into the 2nd round to ensure we got a TE.

I thought that was a good one because both players represent big needs for the Jaguars at positions that are deep in this draft.  I wondered how posters would prioritize them.

As for your new pairing of Harris vs. Wyatt, that's another good choice.  Both are similar value and both would fit in our scheme.  I'd choose Harris because we went heavy at DL last offseason, without similarly going heavy at LB.  Both ILB positions could be upgraded, even if we managed to double up at edge.

Next up:  Bo Melton vs. Won'Dale Robinson.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2022, 09:58 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-12-2022, 09:23 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-12-2022, 08:44 AM)Caldrac Wrote: This is a good one! Williams had a damn good year blitzing off the edge. I think he's a top 10 OLB in this year's class by all accounts. I still think I would lean towards McBride though. I really like McBride man. Cannot get past the idea of them passing up on this kid if he's on the board staring at us with the 33rd overall pick. 

Regarding Williams vs. McBride, how much does what happens at pick 1 impact your choice?  If the Jaguars took KT or Hutch at pick 1, is that decision between McBride and Williams still tough?  For me, what happens at 1 plays a huge role in what I might do at 33.  If we took the edge at 1, I don't take Williams at 33 because we
d then already have Allen and KT/Hutch.  In such a deep class and given the important of edge rusher, I might double dip, but I don't think I take my 2nd edge at 33 if we went edge at 1.  OTOH, if we went OL with our first pick, it becomes a very tough choice.  I might err on the side of positional importance, but I think having a security blacnket over the middle is critical to TLs development.  If I took Williams under those circumstances, I might try to move back up into the 2nd round to ensure we got a TE.

I thought that was a good one because both players represent big needs for the Jaguars at positions that are deep in this draft.  I wondered how posters would prioritize them.

As for your new pairing of Harris vs. Wyatt, that's another good choice.  Both are similar value and both would fit in our scheme.  I'd choose Harris because we went heavy at DL last offseason, without similarly going heavy at LB.  Both ILB positions could be upgraded, even if we managed to double up at edge.

100% with you. If they take either one of the top pass rushers I think they have to be excited knowing that McBride is still on the board on the next opening night. He's got to be on the board priority wise. As should Wydermyer. Also agreed on Harris over Wyatt. And I am a Bulldogs fan saying that! I really like Harris. He's a thumper, he's quick, he's well rounded. I could see him knifing up and shooting gaps really well in a 3 - 4 scheme against the run and pass. 

I like Wan'Dale Robinson over Bo Melton. I get to see a lot of Kentucky games because of the Bulldogs with the SEC conference. He's got a lot of big game ability. Was really impressed in one particular game I saw him in from start to finish. That was against the Bulldogs. Naturally they kept coming back to him and he struggled. However, he kept working. I like that in a player. Especially at a skill position. He doesn't quit. Saw the same mentality against Tennessee in another loss. They kept feeding him in both games. 

You really have to feel for that kid too. It's not like Kentucky was fully loaded on offense last year. He was literally all they had at times and defenders knew it from the first snap. Very impressive though for a transfer. He's not the biggest guy but he's scrappy, plays big, has a RB vibe to him. Depending on his combine and pro workout he'll probably sneak into early RD2 conversations. 

Wouldn't hurt my feelings at all though if they got him in RD3. Could be an early steal with Pederson and this staff calling the offense. 

Next up: Daniel Faalele Vs. Lewis Cine

(02-12-2022, 09:55 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-12-2022, 09:23 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Regarding Williams vs. McBride, how much does what happens at pick 1 impact your choice?  If the Jaguars took KT or Hutch at pick 1, is that decision between McBride and Williams still tough?  For me, what happens at 1 plays a huge role in what I might do at 33.  If we took the edge at 1, I don't take Williams at 33 because we

100% with you. If they take either one of the top pass rushers I think they have to be excited knowing that McBride is still on the board on the next opening night. He's got to be on the board priority wise. As should Wydermyer. Also agreed on Harris over Wyatt. And I am a Bulldogs fan saying that! I really like Harris. He's a thumper, he's quick, he's well rounded. I could see him knifing up and shooting gaps really well in a 3 - 4 scheme against the run and pass. 

I like Wan'Dale Robinson over Bo Melton. I get to see a lot of Kentucky games because of the Bulldogs with the SEC conference. He's got a lot of big game ability. Was really impressed in one particular game I saw him in from start to finish. That was against the Bulldogs. Naturally they kept coming back to him and he struggled. However, he kept working. I like that in a player. Especially at a skill position. He doesn't quit. Saw the same mentality against Tennessee in another loss. They kept feeding him in both games. 

You really have to feel for that kid too. It's not like Kentucky was fully loaded on offense last year. He was literally all they had at times and defenders knew it from the first snap. Very impressive though for a transfer. He's not the biggest guy but he's scrappy, plays big, has a RB vibe to him. Depending on his combine and pro workout he'll probably sneak into early RD2 conversations. 

Wouldn't hurt my feelings at all though if they got him in RD3. Could be an early steal with Pederson and this staff calling the offense. 

I paired Robinson with Melton because both are similar types of players:  smaller faster game breaker types who should be there in the 3rd/4th rounds.  I think I go with Robinson, too, but both can help a team.  More on this later.

I take Cine all day over Faalele.  I don't like Faalele at all and is one of the last people I want to see on the Jaguars.

Next up:  Jahan Dotson vs. David Bell

(02-12-2022, 10:24 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-12-2022, 09:55 AM)Caldrac Wrote: 100% with you. If they take either one of the top pass rushers I think they have to be excited knowing that McBride is still on the board on the next opening night. He's got to be on the board priority wise. As should Wydermyer. Also agreed on Harris over Wyatt. And I am a Bulldogs fan saying that! I really like Harris. He's a thumper, he's quick, he's well rounded. I could see him knifing up and shooting gaps really well in a 3 - 4 scheme against the run and pass. 

I paired Robinson with Melton because both are similar types of players:  smaller faster game breaker types who should be there in the 3rd/4th rounds.  I think I go with Robinson, too, but both can help a team.  More on this later.

I take Cine all day over Faalele.  I don't like Faalele at all and is one of the last people I want to see on the Jaguars.

First off, let me catch up. 

If we take a DE/OLB in round 1, I easily take Tre McBride over Sam Williams. If we don't take an edge rusher in round 1, I take Williams. He is my #3 edge rusher behind Hutchinson and Thibodeaux and he has a non-stop motor. 

I not a huge fan of Christian Harris, but I take him over DeVonte Wyatt, simply because we have no use for another NT. I'm satisfied with the current NT's we have. 

I easily take WanDale Robinson over Bo Melton. Robinson should be a 2nd or 3rd round slot receiver with speed and elusiveness and Melton is just a guy, who may not even get drafted. 

I easily take Lewis Cine over Daniel Faalele. We could use another solid Safety, as Rashawn Jenkins was a huge disappointment last year. Faalele looked like crap during Senior Bowl week. He spent more time on the ground than he did in pass protection. He looked slow and showed poor balance and strength. His stock fell massively. 

Jahan Dotson and David Bell are almost a tossup for me. I love Bell's size, hands and route running, but Dotson has the speed and quickness. I guess I would go Dotson by the narrowest of margins, but I'd be thrilled to take either player. 

Next up: ILB Damone Clark vs. WR Jalen Tolbert

Unfortunately, the main thing I am gathering from this exercise so far is that there are not nearly as many names that excite me as usual.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2022, 11:25 AM by Bullseye.)

(02-12-2022, 10:55 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-12-2022, 10:24 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I paired Robinson with Melton because both are similar types of players:  smaller faster game breaker types who should be there in the 3rd/4th rounds.  I think I go with Robinson, too, but both can help a team.  More on this later.

First off, let me catch up. 

If we take a DE/OLB in round 1, I easily take Tre McBride over Sam Williams. If we don't take an edge rusher in round 1, I take Williams. He is my #3 edge rusher behind Hutchinson and Thibodeaux and he has a non-stop motor. 

I not a huge fan of Christian Harris, but I take him over DeVonte Wyatt, simply because we have no use for another NT. I'm satisfied with the current NT's we have. 

I easily take WanDale Robinson over Bo Melton. Robinson should be a 2nd or 3rd round slot receiver with speed and elusiveness and Melton is just a guy, who may not even get drafted. 

I easily take Lewis Cine over Daniel Faalele. We could use another solid Safety, as Rashawn Jenkins was a huge disappointment last year. Faalele looked like crap during Senior Bowl week. He spent more time on the ground than he did in pass protection. He looked slow and showed poor balance and strength. His stock fell massively. 

Jahan Dotson and David Bell are almost a tossup for me. I love Bell's size, hands and route running, but Dotson has the speed and quickness. I guess I would go Dotson by the narrowest of margins, but I'd be thrilled to take either player. 

So far, I don't see too many areas of disagreement among anyone.  Granted it's a small group of us posting.  Are the choices so clear cut or are we all on the same wavelength?

Overall, I think I would take Dotson over Bell, but for this team, I take Bell over Dotson.  Dotson has the explosiveness edge, but Bell is closer to being a #1...or at least a #2, as opposed to Dotson, who is a pure slot guy.  I'm thinking Pederson prefers larger receivers, as his Eagles WRs on his Super Bowl team did not have anyone under 6', though with Reid's success with Tyreek Hill and with Pederson being a Reid disciple, it's possible he may be more flexible on this.

As for your matchup...I take Clark over Tolbert.  Thus far in this exercise, I realize have gone with the ILB every time.  ILB, at least in my estimation, is an underrated need for this team.  In this case, I have not been as impressed with Tolbert, while LSU has a pretty decent history of productive ILBs.

Next up:  Dax Hill vs. Trent McDuffie

(02-12-2022, 10:57 AM)Upper Wrote: Unfortunately, the main thing I am gathering from this exercise so far is that there are not nearly as many names that excite me as usual.

I am excited about guys through the 4th round.  5th round and later,,,my enthusiasm starts to wane.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2022, 12:41 PM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-12-2022, 11:23 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-12-2022, 10:55 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: First off, let me catch up. 

So far, I don't see too many areas of disagreement among anyone.  Granted it's a small group of us posting.  Are the choices so clear cut or are we all on the same wavelength?

Overall, I think I would take Dotson over Bell, but for this team, I take Bell over Dotson.  Dotson has the explosiveness edge, but Bell is closer to being a #1...or at least a #2, as opposed to Dotson, who is a pure slot guy.  I'm thinking Pederson prefers larger receivers, as his Eagles WRs on his Super Bowl team did not have anyone under 6', though with Reid's success with Tyreek Hill and with Pederson being a Reid disciple, it's possible he may be more flexible on this.

As for your matchup...I take Clark over Tolbert.  Thus far in this exercise, I realize have gone with the ILB every time.  ILB, at least in my estimation, is an underrated need for this team.  In this case, I have not been as impressed with Tolbert, while LSU has a pretty decent history of productive ILBs.

(02-12-2022, 10:57 AM)Upper Wrote: Unfortunately, the main thing I am gathering from this exercise so far is that there are not nearly as many names that excite me as usual.

I am excited about guys through the 4th round.  5th round and later,,,my enthusiasm starts to wane.

Dax Hill please! Especially if hits that 4.2/4.3 40 at the combine. He's also versatile. He can play CB and he's probably a natural fit at FS. Wouldn't mind seeing him back there with Cisco and Campbell in front of him. Depending on where you look. Hill is a 1st RD talent or an early 2nd RD talent due to limited tape and starts at Michigan. Hopefully he's not another Jabrill Peppers type at the NFL. Where teams don't know how to let him stay at one position for a bit and get good at it instead of trying to move him around too much too often. 

Speaking of FS's though. Marlon Mcree is still a local here. Dude tipped my father-in-law 100 dollars yesterday on a delivery. 

Also, passed on McDuffie in this scenario because we have Campbell and Griffin tied up for a while. I think Cisco should start at SS. Having Hill in this case gives you a good FS and some versatility at times in certain packages defensively.

Next up: Luke Goedeke Vs. Alec Lindstrom

Sorry if I threw it off with my comment, here is a duo that I am quite excited about that I think should be among our top choices at 65 if available (since it is feeling less and less likely that we go WR at 33). Wan'Dale Robinson vs Skyy Moore.

Tag Cam and move to RT, draft Thibs at 1, McBride at 33, one of those two at 65, and then an OT to develop for a year behind Cam (maybe Tyler Smith since Max Mitchell will surely be gone). I could think of much worse ways to come out of day 1/2.

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2022, 07:22 AM by Bullseye. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-12-2022, 12:14 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-12-2022, 11:23 AM)Bullseye Wrote: So far, I don't see too many areas of disagreement among anyone.  Granted it's a small group of us posting.  Are the choices so clear cut or are we all on the same wavelength?

Dax Hill please! Especially if hits that 4.2/4.3 40 at the combine. He's also versatile. He can play CB and he's probably a natural fit at FS. Wouldn't mind seeing him back there with Cisco and Campbell in front of him. Depending on where you look. Hill is a 1st RD talent or an early 2nd RD talent due to limited tape and starts at Michigan. Hopefully he's not another Jabrill Peppers type at the NFL. Where teams don't know how to let him stay at one position for a bit and get good at it instead of trying to move him around too much too often. 

Speaking of FS's though. Marlon Mcree is still a local here. Dude tipped my father-in-law 100 dollars yesterday on a delivery. 

Also, passed on McDuffie in this scenario because we have Campbell and Griffin tied up for a while. I think Cisco should start at SS. Having Hill in this case gives you a good FS and some versatility at times in certain packages defensively.

Next up: Luke Goedeke Vs. Alec Lindstrom
I actualy like both Hill and McDuffie.  Both are outstanding prospects.  Hill's versatility would give him an edge, and if he times like you say he will....oh man.

Great story re: McCree.  I never had the opportunity to meet him, but I thought he was a decent player.  It was nice of him to tip your father so well.

Somhow I missed yout next up earlier.  Apologies.  This is a decent matchup of guys that may go in the 3-4th round range.  My choice would depend heavily on what happens in round 1 and whether we retain Cam Robinson.  If we take Evan Neal with our first pick, then I lean Lindstrom.  If not, the choice becomes a little harder.  I like Lindstrom's size and his durability.  He doesn't blow anyone off the ball but gets good movement.  As for Goedeke, he seems to have good athleticism and decent feet.  He is not an overpowering RT prospect, but he has some nastiness in him, and is willing and able to block on the second level.  At this point, I'd still get the edge to Lindstrom.

Next up:  Cade Otton vs. Marquise Hayes.

(02-12-2022, 12:24 PM)Upper Wrote: Sorry if I threw it off with my comment, here is a duo that I am quite excited about that I think should be among our top choices at 65 if available (since it is feeling less and less likely that we go WR at 33). Wan'Dale Robinson vs Skyy Moore.

Tag Cam and move to RT, draft Thibs at 1, McBride at 33, one of those two at 65, and then an OT to develop for a year behind Cam (maybe Tyler Smith since Max Mitchell will surely be gone). I could think of much worse ways to come out of day 1/2.

Robinson for me over Skyy Moore.  Robinson is a more explosive athlete and has more big play capability.  Only problem I have with Robinson is he seems to get knocked off his feet easily.  You don't see him break many tackles.  Moore won't blow you away with speed, but seems to be a crafty route runner with very good hands.  He has better sixze than Robinson.  Size wis, he would seem to fit Pederson's paradigm better than Robinson.  From a purely talent perspective, I take Robinson, but these picks don't happen within a vacuum.  I think young QBs need that reliable chain moving possession receiver they can go to on key 3rd downs.  Depending on what does or doesn't happen at TE before then.  But assuming we get a dependable TE or two before then, I err on the side of speed and Robinson.

Next up:  Isaiah Thomas vs. Jake Ferguson

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2022, 11:05 AM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

Catching up.......

I have Clark over Tolbert. I like Tolbert a lot, but there are a handful of ILB's I really want for this team and Clark is among my favorites. I believe it may be the most important position outside of edge rusher that we must address on the defensive side of the football. Clark is the type of rangy, "thumper" that this team has lacked in the middle for years.

I take McDuffie over Hill. I like McDuffie, but there are other CB's I like more. With that said, I believe this is a very weak Safety class. I'm not so sure any of the Safeties in this draft are gonna make a big impact in the NFL, outside of maybe, Kyle Hamilton.

I take Lindstrom over Goedeke, simply because I have a huge bias over taking OT's who only have experience at RT. I don't care how good you are, if you can't be moved to LT when needed, I'm not drafting you. As a RT prospect, Goedeke is fine, but he lacks the flexibility I need to see.

I take Hayes over Otton, because Otton is one of my lowest rated TE's and Hayes is a "middle of the road" type of OG, imo.

WanDale Robinson over Skyy Moore. I just like Robinson better. No other reason.

A couple of weeks ago, I would have chosen Thomas over Ferguson, but seeing Ferguson in the Senior Bowl, I am reversing that decision. Finally getting to witness what he can do with better QB play opened my mind to how good he could actually be. He has risen quite a bit on my board. I really like this kid.

Next up: Safety Jalen Pitre vs. WR John Metchie

(02-13-2022, 11:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Catching up.......

I have Clark over Tolbert. I like Tolbert a lot, but there are a handful of ILB's I really want for this team and Clark is among my favorites. I believe it may be the most important position outside of edge rusher that we must address on the defensive side of the football. Clark is the type of rangy, "thumper" that this team has lacked in the middle for years.

I take McDuffie over Hill. I like McDuffie, but there are other CB's I like more. With that said, I believe this is a very weak Safety class. I'm not so sure any of the Safeties in this draft are gonna make a big impact in the NFL, outside of maybe, Kyle Hamilton.

I take Lindstrom over Goedeke, simply because I have a huge bias over taking OT's who only have experience at RT. I don't care how good you are, if you can't be moved to LT when needed, I'm not drafting you. As a RT prospect, Goedeke is fine, but he lacks the flexibility I need to see.

I take Hayes over Otton, because Otton is one of my lowest rated TE's and Hayes is a "middle of the road" type of OG, imo.

A couple of weeks ago, I would have chosen Thomas over Ferguson, but seeing Ferguson in the Senior Bowl, I am reversing that decision. Finally getting to witness what he can do with better QB play opened my mind to how good he could actually be. He has risen quite a bit on my board. I really like this kid.

Re: Hayes vs. Otton, I'm hoping somehow he lasts to us either at 70 or out pick in the 4th round.  I think he is a starting caliber G, and if he's there in the 4th, he'll likely be the last one.  We need at least two guards, and he'd fit the bill nicely.

As for Thomas vs. Ferguson, again, two guys at deep positions of need for us.  It would depend on how the draft went before I could make my choice.  I don't have much of a preference.  I will say Oklahoma strangely hasn't produced many edge rushers at all.  At least Wisconsin produced Owen Daniels at TE.

As for your next u, if Methie were healthy, I'd take Metchie.  Also, WR is a bigger area of nee for us, and if Pederon is serious about building the trenches, he may not go WR until the 3rd round or so.  Pitre is a decent prospect though.

For the Next up-assume a trade down from 1 to between 10-15, abd assume the OL has been sufficiently addressed pre draft.

Next up:  Chris Olave vs. Garrett Wilson

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2022, 02:45 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-13-2022, 01:32 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-13-2022, 11:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Catching up.......

Re: Hayes vs. Otton, I'm hoping somehow he lasts to us either at 70 or out pick in the 4th round.  I think he is a starting caliber G, and if he's there in the 4th, he'll likely be the last one.  We need at least two guards, and he'd fit the bill nicely.

As for Thomas vs. Ferguson, again, two guys at deep positions of need for us.  It would depend on how the draft went before I could make my choice.  I don't have much of a preference.  I will say Oklahoma strangely hasn't produced many edge rushers at all.  At least Wisconsin produced Owen Daniels at TE.

As for your next u, if Methie were healthy, I'd take Metchie.  Also, WR is a bigger area of nee for us, and if Pederon is serious about building the trenches, he may not go WR until the 3rd round or so.  Pitre is a decent prospect though.

For the Next up-assume a trade down from 1 to between 10-15, abd assume the OL has been sufficiently addressed pre draft.

Olave over Wilson. I know most mocks have Wilson taken before Olave and mine does too, but I feel Olave will be a better pro. He has size, speed, excellent body control, great hands, is a good route runner and gets separation. He's my #3 WR. 

Next up: TE Jelani Woods vs. WR Charleston Rambo

(02-13-2022, 02:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-13-2022, 01:32 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Re: Hayes vs. Otton, I'm hoping somehow he lasts to us either at 70 or out pick in the 4th round.  I think he is a starting caliber G, and if he's there in the 4th, he'll likely be the last one.  We need at least two guards, and he'd fit the bill nicely.

Olave over Wilson. I know most mocks have Wilson taken before Olave and mine does too, but I feel Olave will be a better pro. He has size, speed, excellent body control, great hands, is a good route runner and gets separation. He's my #3 WR. 

First thing I thought when I saw Woods is he is HUGE.  He's not going to run away from too many people, but is still a decent enough athlete who adjusts to a poorly thrown ball.  Style wise, his play reminds me of Mark Bavaro, even though Woods is much bigger.  I don't think he'll run away from anyone, but should be a good TE 2 and red zone target.  Rambo seems to be a crafty WR from a school with a good lineage of WRs.  Not sure anything in particular stands out to me about him.  I'd take Woods.

Next up:  Kingsley Enaggbare vs. Cameron Thomas

(02-13-2022, 03:20 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-13-2022, 02:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Olave over Wilson. I know most mocks have Wilson taken before Olave and mine does too, but I feel Olave will be a better pro. He has size, speed, excellent body control, great hands, is a good route runner and gets separation. He's my #3 WR. 

First thing I thought when I saw Woods is he is HUGE.  He's not going to run away from too many people, but is still a decent enough athlete who adjusts to a poorly thrown ball.  Style wise, his play reminds me of Mark Bavaro, even though Woods is much bigger.  I don't think he'll run away from anyone, but should be a good TE 2 and red zone target.  Rambo seems to be a crafty WR from a school with a good lineage of WRs.  Not sure anything in particular stands out to me about him.  I'd take Woods.

Next up:  Kingsley Enaggbare vs. Cameron Thomas

OK, I've  been toying with mocks for a while, and you guys are  just making names up at this point, right?  Tongue