Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who would you take, 2022 edition

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2022, 07:22 AM by Bullseye. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-12-2022, 12:14 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-12-2022, 11:23 AM)Bullseye Wrote: So far, I don't see too many areas of disagreement among anyone.  Granted it's a small group of us posting.  Are the choices so clear cut or are we all on the same wavelength?

Overall, I think I would take Dotson over Bell, but for this team, I take Bell over Dotson.  Dotson has the explosiveness edge, but Bell is closer to being a #1...or at least a #2, as opposed to Dotson, who is a pure slot guy.  I'm thinking Pederson prefers larger receivers, as his Eagles WRs on his Super Bowl team did not have anyone under 6', though with Reid's success with Tyreek Hill and with Pederson being a Reid disciple, it's possible he may be more flexible on this.

As for your matchup...I take Clark over Tolbert.  Thus far in this exercise, I realize have gone with the ILB every time.  ILB, at least in my estimation, is an underrated need for this team.  In this case, I have not been as impressed with Tolbert, while LSU has a pretty decent history of productive ILBs.

Next up:  Dax Hill vs. Trent McDuffie

I am excited about guys through the 4th round.  5th round and later,,,my enthusiasm starts to wane.

Dax Hill please! Especially if hits that 4.2/4.3 40 at the combine. He's also versatile. He can play CB and he's probably a natural fit at FS. Wouldn't mind seeing him back there with Cisco and Campbell in front of him. Depending on where you look. Hill is a 1st RD talent or an early 2nd RD talent due to limited tape and starts at Michigan. Hopefully he's not another Jabrill Peppers type at the NFL. Where teams don't know how to let him stay at one position for a bit and get good at it instead of trying to move him around too much too often. 

Speaking of FS's though. Marlon Mcree is still a local here. Dude tipped my father-in-law 100 dollars yesterday on a delivery. 

Also, passed on McDuffie in this scenario because we have Campbell and Griffin tied up for a while. I think Cisco should start at SS. Having Hill in this case gives you a good FS and some versatility at times in certain packages defensively.

Next up: Luke Goedeke Vs. Alec Lindstrom
I actualy like both Hill and McDuffie.  Both are outstanding prospects.  Hill's versatility would give him an edge, and if he times like you say he will....oh man.

Great story re: McCree.  I never had the opportunity to meet him, but I thought he was a decent player.  It was nice of him to tip your father so well.

Somhow I missed yout next up earlier.  Apologies.  This is a decent matchup of guys that may go in the 3-4th round range.  My choice would depend heavily on what happens in round 1 and whether we retain Cam Robinson.  If we take Evan Neal with our first pick, then I lean Lindstrom.  If not, the choice becomes a little harder.  I like Lindstrom's size and his durability.  He doesn't blow anyone off the ball but gets good movement.  As for Goedeke, he seems to have good athleticism and decent feet.  He is not an overpowering RT prospect, but he has some nastiness in him, and is willing and able to block on the second level.  At this point, I'd still get the edge to Lindstrom.

Next up:  Cade Otton vs. Marquise Hayes.

(02-12-2022, 12:24 PM)Upper Wrote: Sorry if I threw it off with my comment, here is a duo that I am quite excited about that I think should be among our top choices at 65 if available (since it is feeling less and less likely that we go WR at 33). Wan'Dale Robinson vs Skyy Moore.

Tag Cam and move to RT, draft Thibs at 1, McBride at 33, one of those two at 65, and then an OT to develop for a year behind Cam (maybe Tyler Smith since Max Mitchell will surely be gone). I could think of much worse ways to come out of day 1/2.

Robinson for me over Skyy Moore.  Robinson is a more explosive athlete and has more big play capability.  Only problem I have with Robinson is he seems to get knocked off his feet easily.  You don't see him break many tackles.  Moore won't blow you away with speed, but seems to be a crafty route runner with very good hands.  He has better sixze than Robinson.  Size wis, he would seem to fit Pederson's paradigm better than Robinson.  From a purely talent perspective, I take Robinson, but these picks don't happen within a vacuum.  I think young QBs need that reliable chain moving possession receiver they can go to on key 3rd downs.  Depending on what does or doesn't happen at TE before then.  But assuming we get a dependable TE or two before then, I err on the side of speed and Robinson.

Next up:  Isaiah Thomas vs. Jake Ferguson

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Messages In This Thread
Who would you take, 2022 edition - by Bullseye - 02-11-2022, 08:21 PM
RE: Who would you take, 2022 edition - by Caldrac - 02-11-2022, 10:17 PM
RE: Who would you take, 2022 edition - by Caldrac - 02-12-2022, 08:44 AM
RE: Who would you take, 2022 edition - by Caldrac - 02-12-2022, 09:55 AM
RE: Who would you take, 2022 edition - by Caldrac - 02-12-2022, 12:14 PM
RE: Who would you take, 2022 edition - by Bullseye - 02-13-2022, 06:55 AM
RE: Who would you take, 2022 edition - by Upper - 02-12-2022, 10:57 AM
RE: Who would you take, 2022 edition - by Upper - 02-12-2022, 12:24 PM
RE: Who would you take, 2022 edition - by Mikey - 02-14-2022, 10:27 AM