Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What current players should we trade?

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2022, 09:44 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-19-2022, 06:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm very rarely in favor of moving players on their rookie deals - especially when they've flashed big play ability as much as they've struggled.

I'd absolutely give Shenault a chance with a new WR coach to get sorted out and hope Press Taylor cooks up a package to take advantage of his YAC ability. I don't see a pick coming in trade for him worthy of his upside should he achieve it.

I'd like to see Taylor work inside first, but wouldn't mind a trade either should one emerge. Doubtful given his tape.

Jack would be a good trade candidate if there's a 4-3 team out there in need of his services.

Shenault has proven one thing to me. He cannot hold onto the football. I haven't seen a player drop so many passes in a long time. IMO, a WR that can't catch is useless. I'd make sure to sign at least 1 WR in free agency and draft at the very least, two, so no matter what happens he's gonna be buried on the depth chart if he stays. I know he will be behind Marvin Jones and Agnew at the very least and I' hoping the new guys can be starters, so why keep Shenault? He's not gonna get any playing time next season, even if he somehow makes the roster. He's a complete liability as a pass catcher. You can't suddenly make someone who can't catch, have soft hands, no matter how good the coaches are. 

As far as Taylor goes, he is flat out terrible, no matter where you line him up. He's just bad and he gets worse every year. I doubt we could get anything for him, but I'd literally take almost anything. 

I think there is a good market for Jack from some 4-3 teams. I bet he could really revive his career, somewhere like Kanas City.

(02-19-2022, 06:51 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: I think we keep shenault

At his best he is a battering ram

Hopefully a new coach can get rid of his butter fingers

A battering ram that can't catch. You can't fix bad hands, no matter how good the coaches are. You can either catch or you can't. Shenault can't. The only way I keep him is if we move him to backup RB. I think he is better suited as a RB, as long as you replace him on passing downs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What current players should we trade? - by TheO-LineMatters - 02-19-2022, 09:42 PM