Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What current players should we trade?

We have a few current players on this team that just aren't working out and should be dealt. Who are the players you would be shopping, if you were in the front office? 

1. Myles Jack- You just can't fit a square peg into a round hole. Jack is a pure 4-3 OLB, but we run a 3-4 base defense and he just doesn't have a role with this team anymore. We could save $6 million by dealing him somewhere and we could use that savings to find a player who really fits the role of a 3-4 ILB like we need. He is the player that I start shopping immediately. 

2. Jawaan Taylor- I don't know if we could get anything at all for this guy, but if someone is willing to give us a conditional 7th rounder, I take it. If we get no offers, I cut him outright. He is a liability. 

3. Laviska Shenault- I take the best offer we can get. I know he's cheap, but he is also a liability. He gets worse every year and if I have to see him drop another catchable pass, I'm gonna punch a hole in my TV. He was as much a liability last season as Jawaan Taylor was. 

I would love to deal Rayshawn Jenkins somewhere, but he has a $13 million dead cap hit, so we are stuck with him for another season at least. The same goes for Roy Robertson-Harris. He has a $10.6 million deal cap hit. Both players were complete wastes of money in last season's free agency.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Trade anyone but 16, 25, and 11

I'm very rarely in favor of moving players on their rookie deals - especially when they've flashed big play ability as much as they've struggled.

I'd absolutely give Shenault a chance with a new WR coach to get sorted out and hope Press Taylor cooks up a package to take advantage of his YAC ability. I don't see a pick coming in trade for him worthy of his upside should he achieve it.

I'd like to see Taylor work inside first, but wouldn't mind a trade either should one emerge. Doubtful given his tape.

Jack would be a good trade candidate if there's a 4-3 team out there in need of his services.

I think we keep shenault

At his best he is a battering ram

Hopefully a new coach can get rid of his butter fingers

Myles Jack is either a trade or cut candidate.  Just not suited for the 3-4 defense.  

I think you keep Jawaan Taylor as the swing tackle because he's still on his rookie deal, then you let him walk in free agency.  Shenault just needs better coaching and we have that now, so I think he has a bounce back season.

(02-19-2022, 07:03 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Myles Jack is either a trade or cut candidate.  Just not suited for the 3-4 defense.  

I think you keep Jawaan Taylor as the swing tackle because he's still on his rookie deal, then you let him walk in free agency.  Shenault just needs better coaching and we have that now, so I think he has a bounce back season.

I'm not sure swing tackle is the right thing for Taylor, he seems more like a turnstile. I'd say sign Robinson to a long term deal, get a guy in the draft, and let Robinson, Little, and the rookie compete for the two jobs. Loser becomes the swing backup.

Linder. The guy can play but can't be relied on to stay healthy.

Parcells: "The best ability is availability!"
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I don't think Jack is going anywhere. Mike Caldwell spoke highly of him yesterday. I also don't think Shenault nor Taylor are going anywhere neither.

Linder's age, cap hit and history of injuries makes him an unlikely candidate for trading as well. If this team makes any type of trade it's going to be something that comes out of left field.

Josh Allen, Dawuane Smooth & K'Lavon Chaisson are more likely to be traded due to overall value and former first round status.

When you only have four wins in two years and a year coming off of being dead last in the rankings offensively and damn near close defensively? Your stock and value is low already. Making you that much less desirable.

Until free agency and the draft are settled I still think these guys will be here. A new coaching staff brought on this late in the year with a holdover in Baalke still in place to make personnel decisions is why I think this will be the case.

You still need some degree of continuity. I don't expect this team to be too splashy next month. April is going to be where this team really has to earn it's bread and butter.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Jack I could see happening due to being miscast in a 3-4, plus his big contract. Everyone else you keep, trading subpar players for next to nothing won’t help us. We need to draft good players and when we have a plethora of depth with stars all over the roster, we can talk trading away guys who may not see the field much but offer great value to other teams. Sure, we could trade our player now, but for what? 6th round picks? You’re better off rolling the dice on UDFAs.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2022, 09:44 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-19-2022, 06:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm very rarely in favor of moving players on their rookie deals - especially when they've flashed big play ability as much as they've struggled.

I'd absolutely give Shenault a chance with a new WR coach to get sorted out and hope Press Taylor cooks up a package to take advantage of his YAC ability. I don't see a pick coming in trade for him worthy of his upside should he achieve it.

I'd like to see Taylor work inside first, but wouldn't mind a trade either should one emerge. Doubtful given his tape.

Jack would be a good trade candidate if there's a 4-3 team out there in need of his services.

Shenault has proven one thing to me. He cannot hold onto the football. I haven't seen a player drop so many passes in a long time. IMO, a WR that can't catch is useless. I'd make sure to sign at least 1 WR in free agency and draft at the very least, two, so no matter what happens he's gonna be buried on the depth chart if he stays. I know he will be behind Marvin Jones and Agnew at the very least and I' hoping the new guys can be starters, so why keep Shenault? He's not gonna get any playing time next season, even if he somehow makes the roster. He's a complete liability as a pass catcher. You can't suddenly make someone who can't catch, have soft hands, no matter how good the coaches are. 

As far as Taylor goes, he is flat out terrible, no matter where you line him up. He's just bad and he gets worse every year. I doubt we could get anything for him, but I'd literally take almost anything. 

I think there is a good market for Jack from some 4-3 teams. I bet he could really revive his career, somewhere like Kanas City.

(02-19-2022, 06:51 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: I think we keep shenault

At his best he is a battering ram

Hopefully a new coach can get rid of his butter fingers

A battering ram that can't catch. You can't fix bad hands, no matter how good the coaches are. You can either catch or you can't. Shenault can't. The only way I keep him is if we move him to backup RB. I think he is better suited as a RB, as long as you replace him on passing downs.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2022, 09:49 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-19-2022, 07:03 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Myles Jack is either a trade or cut candidate.  Just not suited for the 3-4 defense.  

I don't want Jawaan Taylor as a RT, Swing Tackle or OG. I don't care if he is on his rookie deal. He sucks and he gets worse every season. We've wasted enough time on him. He could be replaced with a speed bump. It would be just as effective. 

Better coaching is not gonna help Shenault suddenly learn how to catch. He needs to move to RB.

(02-19-2022, 07:50 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Linder.  The guy can play but can't be relied on to stay healthy. 

Parcells:  "The best ability is availability!"

I could see this happening, but would anyone trade for him given he is set to make $10 million and he's on the final year of his deal?

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2022, 10:01 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-19-2022, 08:30 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't think Jack is going anywhere. Mike Caldwell spoke highly of him yesterday. I also don't think Shenault nor Taylor are going anywhere neither.

Linder's age, cap hit and history of injuries makes him an unlikely candidate for trading as well. If this team makes any type of trade it's going to be something that comes out of left field.

Josh Allen, Dawuane Smooth & K'Lavon Chaisson are more likely to be traded due to overall value and former first round status.

When you only have four wins in two years and a year coming off of being dead last in the rankings offensively and damn near close defensively? Your stock and value is low already. Making you that much less desirable.

Until free agency and the draft are settled I still think these guys will be here. A new coaching staff brought on this late in the year with a holdover in Baalke still in place to make personnel decisions is why I think this will be the case.

You still need some degree of continuity. I don't expect this team to be too splashy next month. April is going to be where this team really has to earn it's bread and butter.

That could be "coach speak" building him up, so other teams might express interest in trading for him, because anyone that watches him play knows he doesn't fit into a 3-4 scheme. 

I don't think any team in the NFL would give up anything at all for K'Lavon Chaisson. He is a complete "bust." If we could trade him, I would in a heartbeat, but I don't even think any team would even offer their assistant equipment manager for him. Chaisson needs to be cut. Period. He's as useless as teats on a boar hog. 

In the 25+ years I've followed this team people have talked about the need for continuity, even after seasons in which the team performed terribly. You know what that has gotten us? Continued failures. The Chiefs went out and got an entirely new O-Line. No continuity at all and they improved. Continuity is completely overrated and it's unnecessary when you have bad players.

(02-19-2022, 08:32 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Jack I could see happening due to being miscast in a 3-4, plus his big contract. Everyone else you keep, trading subpar players for next to nothing won’t help us.  We need to draft good players and when we have a plethora of depth with stars all over the roster, we can talk trading away guys who may not see the field much but offer great value to other teams. Sure, we could trade our player now, but for what? 6th round picks? You’re better off rolling the dice on UDFAs.

Trading bad players for anything is better than keeping bad players. At least the picks you trade them for could turn into something. Teams have found valuable starters and backups in the later rounds. I'd rather trade a liability for something, rather than keep that liability.

I'm not trading Shenault. I think he shows out this year

(02-19-2022, 10:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm not trading Shenault.  I think he shows out this year

What in God's name makes you think that? He dropped very catchable passes right and left last season. He was nothing short of terrible.

(02-19-2022, 09:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-19-2022, 08:30 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't think Jack is going anywhere. Mike Caldwell spoke highly of him yesterday. I also don't think Shenault nor Taylor are going anywhere neither.

That could be "coach speak" building him up, so other teams might express interest in trading for him, because anyone that watches him play knows he doesn't fit into a 3-4 scheme. 

I don't think any team in the NFL would give up anything at all for K'Lavon Chaisson. He is a complete "bust." If we could trade him, I would in a heartbeat, but I don't even think any team would even offer their assistant equipment manager for him. Chaisson needs to be cut. Period. He's as useless as teats on a boar hog. 

In the 25+ years I've followed this team people have talked about the need for continuity, even after seasons in which the team performed terribly. You know what that has gotten us? Continued failures. The Chiefs went out and got an entirely new O-Line. No continuity at all and they improved. Continuity is completely overrated and it's unnecessary when you have bad players.

(02-19-2022, 08:32 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Jack I could see happening due to being miscast in a 3-4, plus his big contract. Everyone else you keep, trading subpar players for next to nothing won’t help us.  We need to draft good players and when we have a plethora of depth with stars all over the roster, we can talk trading away guys who may not see the field much but offer great value to other teams. Sure, we could trade our player now, but for what? 6th round picks? You’re better off rolling the dice on UDFAs.

Trading bad players for anything is better than keeping bad players. At least the picks you trade them for could turn into something. Teams have found valuable starters and backups in the later rounds. I'd rather trade a liability for something, rather than keep that liability.
Did the Chiefs really improve though? They were out of sync a few times all year and had to pull a miracle out of their [BLEEP] to beat Buffalo followed by a let down against the Bengals. There's also reports of a rift between Bieniemy and Mahomes. He's very likely not coming back.

Also. Comparing an Andy Reid coached football team with Hill and Kelce on the offense spearheaded by a QB that's played like an MVP is probably the primary reason that team looks successful.

It's hard to get continuity here because the team [BLEEP] sucks. That's why you get tier III and tier IIII free agents at a tier II contract rate. Again, they're going to have to hit home in the draft and rely on what they already have.

A lot of it's fixing to come down to how quickly and comfortably Pederson and Lawrence can become a successful muscle and brain's operation to get this franchise out of the basement.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-19-2022, 10:04 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-19-2022, 10:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm not trading Shenault.  I think he shows out this year

What in God's name makes you think that? He dropped very catchable passes right and left last season. He was nothing short of terrible.

He dropped a lot of passes last year, but the guy can make plays when he does catch it.  Was it just bad hands, or was it the stress of a completely dysfunctional coaching situation?  He isn't costing us that much this year, and I agree with @flgatorsandjags.  His upside is worth keeping him around one more year with a decent coaching staff.
[Image: pqk1i5F.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2022, 01:41 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-19-2022, 10:11 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-19-2022, 09:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That could be "coach speak" building him up, so other teams might express interest in trading for him, because anyone that watches him play knows he doesn't fit into a 3-4 scheme. 

Did the Chiefs really improve though? They were out of sync a few times all year and had to pull a miracle out of their [BLEEP] to beat Buffalo followed by a let down against the Bengals. There's also reports of a rift between Bieniemy and Mahomes. He's very likely not coming back.

Also. Comparing an Andy Reid coached football team with Hill and Kelce on the offense spearheaded by a QB that's played like an MVP is probably the primary reason that team looks successful.

It's hard to get continuity here because the team [BLEEP] sucks. That's why you get tier III and tier IIII free agents at a tier II contract rate. Again, they're going to have to hit home in the draft and rely on what they already have.

A lot of it's fixing to come down to how quickly and comfortably Pederson and Lawrence can become a successful muscle and brain's operation to get this franchise out of the basement.

They found a really good LT via trade and Creed Humphrey appeared to be the best rookie Center that was drafted. I think the O-Line looked like it didn't need any continuity from the previous season. As far as them being out of sync, I saw that occurring thanks to an inconsistent run game and when Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce were covered, no other receivers stepped up to get open and it looked frustrate Mahomes at times. He was holding the ball much longer than he had in the past and taking sacks he didn't normally take. I had not heard about there being a rift with Bieniemy. That's interesting given that Bieniemy has not been able to find a head coaching job due to his sketchy past. 

I agree that we absolutely have to hit home runs in this draft. I'm just skeptical of that happening, since "he who shall not be named" is still the top man in the front office at this time. We all know what his draft choices did to San Francisco. 

Unless something changes, Pederson will only have as much to work with as "you know who" gives him.

(02-20-2022, 12:58 AM)Portofino43 Wrote:
(02-19-2022, 10:04 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: What in God's name makes you think that? He dropped very catchable passes right and left last season. He was nothing short of terrible.

He dropped a lot of passes last year, but the guy can make plays when he does catch it.  Was it just bad hands, or was it the stress of a completely dysfunctional coaching situation?  He isn't costing us that much this year, and I agree with @flgatorsandjags.  His upside is worth keeping him around one more year with a decent coaching staff.

If he lets the stress of that get into his head and effect his play, he has no business being in the NFL.

(02-19-2022, 10:04 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

When I think of our past record of cutting or trading or not re-signing players, and see how they are now starting on better teams, then my default position is, stop getting rid of players.  Don't trade away players, especially starters.  

I vote no.  No trades.  Draft, develop, RETAIN.

(02-20-2022, 12:58 AM)Portofino43 Wrote:
(02-19-2022, 10:04 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: What in God's name makes you think that? He dropped very catchable passes right and left last season. He was nothing short of terrible.

Shenault had no drop issues in 2020. 
Then had a major issue in 2021.

The difference between the two seasons is pass velocity. 

He went from Minshew lobs to Lawrence bullets. 
He could make the adjustment this offseason. 
Worth a try.

With all the solid receiving TEs available in both the draft and free agency this year, and better fits in Pederson's system, I am hoping the Jags capitalize on this abundance and reform the TE group. As such, the only TE I care to retain is Dan Arnold. The rest that are not free agents, namely Manhertz and Farrell, should be dangled in the trade market.