Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What current players should we trade?

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2022, 04:43 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-20-2022, 03:49 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(02-20-2022, 12:57 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: No reason to trade Schenault. He is young and no one is gonna trade much for him. Keep him and let's see what he can do with this new coaching staff.

Jack and Linder are the only options imo.

We would likely get extremely little to nothing for Linder.  He 30 with a record of injuries and a $9.5 million salary.  He's also on the last year of his contract.  As such, he would be a one year rental for a team.  No team is going to give much, if anything, for that.  I would keep Linder and try to draft a center in the 3rd of 4th round.  Centers often fall in the draft.  He can be depth for year 1.  Given Linder's record of injuries, it wouldn't be surprising if the pick got significant playing time in 2022.  Assuming the draft pick looks good, he can take over as the starter in 2023.

I will say Jack is the only one who is a trade possibility.  You can make the argument that he's a bad scheme fit if we assume we stick with the 3-4.  He's also one that we might get something good in return.  Some thought he played at a pro-bowl level in 2020 in the 4-3 scheme.  If another team that runs the 4-3 agrees, they might offer a good pick.  However, I only considering trading Jack if it is for a good pick.

I honestly don't think we would either, given that he is in the final year of his deal, has a history of injuries and has a high one year rental price. Linder is our best O-Linemen when he's not injured. It's just that he cannot be counted on to be healthy. It'll be interesting to see what the team does with him. I believe we add a Center either in the draft or free agency. If that happens, Linder is probably a cap casualty.

(02-20-2022, 04:27 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(02-20-2022, 11:35 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: While I agree in theory, what if a player just refuses to play for this team anymore like Ramsey and Ngakoue did? Ramsey faked an injury in order to sit out until he was traded. Players are forcing team's hands anymore to get what they want. What do we do then? Do we force them to stay here while they chose to sit on I.R. with their "phantom injuries" or do we trade them and try to get the best deal we can?

I'm in agreement with keeping our good players, but I also think many have fuzzy memories regarding Ramsey and Ngakoue.  It's not like the Jaguars set out to trade them for no reason.  They were both holding out and the Jaguars felt their hands were tied.  People also forget that we got a lot in return for them.  In exchange for Ramsey and Ngakoue, the Jaguars got two first rounders, a second rounder, a fourth rounder and a fifth rounder.  Justin Jefferson was available with one of those first round picks.  We could have had Justin Jefferson, a first rounder, a second rounder, a fourth rounder and a fifth rounder.  If you prefer quality over quantity, we could have used the second, fourth and fifth round picks to trade up in the first round.  That should have gotten us a very quality starter to go along with Justin Jefferson.  Yes, we lost two quality players, but we should have gained at least two quality players as a result and saved a bunch of salary cap space at the same time.  This team wasn't destroyed because of those trades.  The Jaguars suffered because of poor drafting after the trades.

So true. It tears my heart out just to re-live how badly we used those valuable draft picks. We got nothing in return, because of terrible selections. What made it worse was that almost this entire board was in agreement on who we should've taken and those players have become stars at their positions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What current players should we trade? - by TheO-LineMatters - 02-20-2022, 04:39 PM