Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Preseason Pontification and Prognostication

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2022, 04:26 PM by Bullseye.)

(07-22-2022, 02:36 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Good work and interesting reads as always. Honestly, I can't believe camp is starting soon. I am down on the NFL overall but it isn't like I won't watch when I can.  Live sports aren't in my plans this year due to rising costs and changes to the sports packages, I had to drop Sunday Ticket and my Broadcast TV (Directv). I have NFL Game Rewind so I am going to be after the game viewing.  I will say I missed a bunch of games last year and there was good info on the boards on game days to plug me in.

Thanks to the fans of this team.

It sucks you are down on NFL football and that you will not see as many live games as in the past.  Inflation sucks.

Hopefully not too many people are priced out of necessities, much less things they love like football.

(07-22-2022, 03:13 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Great write up as usual, Bullseye. 

The last sentence was exactly on the money.  I totally agree.  We talk a lot about helping Trevor, but one of the best ways to help Trevor is to not have him come onto the field for the very first drive already down 0-7.

When I think of Trevor feeling compelled to put up a ton of points because of a bad defense, I keep thinking of the 2nd Tennessee game.

Not that the defense played especially poorly in that game, but that was the first game where Trevor looked like he was forcing a bunch of stuff almost out of frustration, and it was his worst as a pro. I think we'll be much better this year, but that was the sort of game I could envision Trevor having because his defense isn't giving him help.

I also keep going back to the kicker competition.  I think if we could otherwise keep games close, improved special teams because of more accurate FG kicking and deeper kickoffs could make the difference in 2-3 games easily.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Preseason Pontification and Prognostication - by Bullseye - 07-22-2022, 04:22 PM