Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I vote for Dewey Wingard to start at SS

(11-29-2022, 08:53 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 08:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I've got a heavy old fashioned streak and don't agree with the diva style antics that many young athletes are prone to -- but that isn't the point here. 

The point is that someone in his position HAS TO be able to manage those types of personalities in order to retain talent and keep teams on mission. 

He couldn't do that. 

The days of a hard-nosed- old-school disciplinarian in this league are long gone whether you, I, or anyone like it. 

It's a drag - but he was the wrong guy for the job and that was a big reason why.

I do not disagree with any of this.  I guess it’s the old timer in me and the nostalgia of having Coughlin back that makes it hard for me.  I understand young players these days are different than in the years past.  Times have changed, no doubt.  That’s why I said “back it up 10 years or so” and we’d have a championship.  Could’ve would’ve should’ve…. Coughlin will be remembered as a great coach despite his VP role being a dud.

Had he just acted as a coach, he'd have been a legend here. It's everything else he did that soured many on his legacy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I vote for Dewey Wingard to start at SS - by Mikey - 11-30-2022, 10:02 AM