Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I vote for Dewey Wingard to start at SS

Guy played with some grit today and really added a spark to this defense.  I saw this interview combined with his play has be buying all in on Wingard!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I agree, as much crap as he gets around here he do make plays when hes out there.

He was a terrible free safety.
TURRIBLE.

SS is much more suited to him (as many of us here kept saying for two years)

No idea if this is just a flash in the pan for him, but he did look good filling in yesterday.

(Speaking of free safety - I wish Caldwell wouldn't play so much single-high with Cisco and get him more involved.)

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2022, 08:52 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

He's a beast on STs. He's a very good blitzing safety as well

I like the cat, great special teams and locker room guy. Also they say he's really smart which is why he keeps making rosters. He's not really an ideal starter but can definitely fill in when needed.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2022, 09:09 AM by CanDoBetter. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-07-2022, 08:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: He was a terrible free safety.
TURRIBLE.

SS is much more suited to him (as many of us here kept saying for two years)

No idea if this is just a flash in the pan for him, but he did look good filling in yesterday.

(Speaking of free safety - I wish Caldwell wouldn't play so much single-high with Cisco and get him more involved.)

Last year Dewey was playing single-high, wasn't he? I'm sure you've noticed Cisco hasn't been very good. It's almost as if being the FS for the Jaguars is hard when they're so bad. 

Btw, the safeties last year improved when Jenkins was injured and Cisco started. Since Cisco hasn't been so good I would say it was Jenkins that was(and is) the problem.

(11-07-2022, 09:00 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: I like the cat, great special teams and locker room guy. Also they say he's really smart which is why he keeps making rosters. He's not really an ideal starter but can definitely fill in when needed.

He's borderline starter quality. Having him around and possibly designing a few packages for him should be a good thing.

If Jenkins misses time due to concussion symptoms, Wingard will get his chance to play. He did well in relief, but I get nervous about guys that are THAT riled up over plays. That adrenaline and emotion can lead to lapses. As long as he keeps making plays it's great and all, but if he overpursues or draws a flag, the honeymoon will end quickly

I like him in the box and rushing the passer. For sure. He looked natural and more comfortable in that role. If Jenkins is out this weekend though against the Chiefs it's still going to be a worry of mine with him playing deep in coverage.

The Chiefs are still capable of hitting the deep ball on you and if you're not careful Mahomes will absolutely crush you with Kelce in between the hashes and outside on the flat. I know the defense tightened up in the 2nd half, however, you cannot give Mahomes easy targets the way Adams was given easy targets with Carr early in that 1st half.

Mahomes will put 28 points on you in the 1st, not 17, if given those same opportunities.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-07-2022, 10:28 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I like him in the box and rushing the passer. For sure. He looked natural and more comfortable in that role. If Jenkins is out this weekend though against the Chiefs it's still going to be a worry of mine with him playing deep in coverage.

The Chiefs are still capable of hitting the deep ball on you and if you're not careful Mahomes will absolutely crush you with Kelce in between the hashes and outside on the flat. I know the defense tightened up in the 2nd half, however, you cannot give Mahomes easy targets the way Adams was given easy targets with Carr early in that 1st half.

Mahomes will put 28 points on you in the 1st, not 17, if given those same opportunities.

The thought of Wingard getting manned up on a TE, much less Kelce, is a scary proposition

(11-07-2022, 01:50 AM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Guy played with some grit today and really added a spark to this defense.  I saw this interview combined with his play has be buying all in on Wingard!

LMAO @ "Assume The Worst" meaning he wishes that somebody has to go out w/an injury so that he can go in and take their place. YES, he defended a pass play to which the receiver dropped the ball before he arrived to the scene and he also make a good tackle preventing a first down (three-four yard deficit). Good play.

NEVERTHELESS this Man stood on the field Pounding his chest while looking at our sideline and saying I'm The Man. Wingard is descent against the run BUT he gets burned deep against the pass. Two years ago Jaguar Fans ROASTED him because he continually got burnt deep and now some fans wan to vote him back into the starting lineup. If he was our Best option at the position he would be the starter at the position.

I vote him back to the bench when Jenkins gets healthy.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Let’s not forget his “attempts” at tackling Derrick Henry.

He makes good plays on occasion and is full of heart but he’s not all that and a bag of chips.

I have always like Wingards play.. he was thebest defenseive player on jags team last season.  Heis better then people want to admit.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

winguard issues always been late to the play, but as a SS instead of FS might be a better fit. he plays with Heart, he always does. i always cheer for the players on this team and if he is one of them then i will hope he plays well. Jenkins has gotten burned as of late, maybe he can spark a fire in these guys if he plays well and hits hard.

He's our Rudy!!

[Image: MV5-BODli-M2-Y0-MDUt-MWQ3-NS00-NGFh-LWFj...-Mw-V1.jpg]
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Could be a fun band-aid for the position. He did provide a much needed spark when we really needed it to seal the win. Definitely not a long-term answer but maybe he has gotten better during his tenure. Terrible match up this week but I say let him loose!

(11-07-2022, 12:15 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I have always like Wingards play.. he was thebest defenseive player on jags team last season.  Heis better then people want to admit.

[Image: R.gif]

[Image: cnQuanBn]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(11-07-2022, 12:46 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Could be a fun band-aid for the position. He did provide a much needed spark when we really needed it to seal the win. Definitely not a long-term answer but maybe he has gotten better during his tenure. Terrible match up this week but I say let him loose!

Yeah, turn him loose on Kelce. Maybe an illegal swipe of the leg ala Johnny of Karate Kid fame. Or maybe a forearm shiver. Something to bring the crybaby out of Kelce and get into his head. If he gets tossed, so be it; he will have given himself up for a good cause.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-07-2022, 05:22 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 12:46 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Could be a fun band-aid for the position.  He did provide a much needed spark when we really needed it to seal the win.  Definitely not a long-term answer but maybe he has gotten better during his tenure.  Terrible match up this week but I say let him loose!

Yeah, turn him loose on Kelce.  Maybe an illegal swipe of the leg ala Johnny of Karate Kid fame.  Or maybe a forearm shiver.  Something to bring the crybaby out of Kelce and get into his head.  If he gets tossed, so be it; he will have given himself up for a good cause.

[Image: bzFfNDAwLnBuZw]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Agree with OP.

Why not. It's not like the past six games we haven't made a lot of errors late in games defensively. SOMETHING has been wrong with both the coverage and the QB pressures.

Maybe it's the safeties. One way to find out. Change it up.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!