Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pick No 61. Brenton Strange TE , PennState

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2023, 02:34 PM by HardcoreMoJagFan. Edited 2 times in total.)

(05-01-2023, 10:58 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(05-01-2023, 09:31 PM)HardcoreMoJagFan Wrote: You always need to be right plenty.  Otherwise you get fired.  Saying it out loud means nothing.

Not sure the bolded makes sense, but I get what you're saying and I disagree.  Every GM misses a lot in the draft and you need to allow for that.  You just need to hit relatively frequently and hit on the more important decisions (i.e. higher draft picks) more often than not.

They were locked in on Strange from the sound of it.  It's potentially evidence of having put blinders on to other alternatives which is not what you want to see from a talent evaluator.  There's a difference in being locked in on single prospect and organizing your board into tiers and selecting from guys in your highest tier when it's your turn to pick which is how they described their process with the Harrison pick by the way.  The apparent strength of conviction on this particular prospect is either extra points given or taken away depending on how the pick pans out.  Just something interesting to monitor moving forward for me.  If not for you, so be it.  But saying what he said, does mean something.  I'm sure nice things were said about all of the guys we picked, but this was a little more process specific.

Maybe there are blinders on but if you are in love with a player you better get him.  It makes no sense to love a guy and then mess around to try to get such good value that you miss him. But it doesn't change th fact your job is based on getting picks right.  It's sorta about value but value doesn't mean anything unless your analysis is correct.

Again in the end of you get two to four quality starters out of a draft you've done a good job.  At least that is how it looks based on old draft grades I read.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pick No 61. Brenton Strange TE , PennState - by HardcoreMoJagFan - 05-02-2023, 02:32 PM