Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pick No 61. Brenton Strange TE , PennState

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2023/04...enn-state/

Maybe he can block damn good?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like the player but felt he was a pretty big reach. Personally I would have stood pat and taken Torrence but I’m not Baalke.

(04-29-2023, 02:12 AM)wg171 Wrote: I like the player but felt he was a pretty big reach. Personally I would have stood pat and taken Torrence but I’m not Baalke.

Why take a highly valued player at a position of need when you can have A ZILLION DAY THREE PICKS?!?!

Doug got his TE. Saw him compared to Zach Ertz on one site.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2023, 07:59 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-29-2023, 02:12 AM)wg171 Wrote: I like the player but felt he was a pretty big reach. Personally I would have stood pat and taken Torrence but I’m not Baalke.

This, if Strange ends up being better than Torrence I'll gladly eat crow.  If Torrence ends up better Baalke should get fired for that one

Ertz was a great prospect coming out. A lot of us wanted us to draft him when we passed on him in the 2nd. He was also coming off a 900 yard season. Strange could barely crack 350 yrds this past season. This is the most underwhelming 2nd round pick in recent memory for me being who we took and who was on the board.

A PSU fan said this so this is. If he is better than Freiermuth it will end up being a great pick. Hopefully he will be

PSU fan here - Strange is a stud. Great size, *loves* being a blocker, great hands as a catcher. Dude will work his [BLEEP] off. Better than Freiermuth with the Steelers and also a PSU grad, IMO.

Looking forward to rooting for the Jaguars and Strange.

(04-29-2023, 07:59 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

This, if Strange ends up being better than Torrence I'll gladly eat crow.  If Torrence ends up better Baalke should get fired for that one

If you applied that rule to every team, then every GM would get fired every single year, because I guarantee you, some guy taken after the first round will make the Hall of Fame, and that will mean every team passed him over for a lesser player.

(04-29-2023, 09:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-29-2023, 07:59 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This, if Strange ends up being better than Torrence I'll gladly eat crow.  If Torrence ends up better Baalke should get fired for that one

If you applied that rule to every team, then every GM would get fired every single year, because I guarantee you, some guy taken after the first round will make the Hall of Fame, and that will mean every team passed him over for a lesser player.

I'm not saying any player.  I just named one player.  A player that a lot would of been good with him at 24 and a guy that protects Trevor.  A position that got destroyed a lot last year

(04-29-2023, 09:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-29-2023, 07:59 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This, if Strange ends up being better than Torrence I'll gladly eat crow.  If Torrence ends up better Baalke should get fired for that one

Eagles should have fired Howie Roseman for taking Reagor over Jefferson…..

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2023, 09:12 AM by Newton. Edited 1 time in total.)

It is odd how he has such poor receiving stats for a player drafted in round 2. I think one issue that is affecting the board is that people are used to our picks being so high. Our 2nd round pick is a lot closer to a 3rd round pick than it has been in recent memory. That said, Strange’s stats are underwhelming. However, if Doug thinks Strange will allow this offense to improve, then I’m all for it.

(04-29-2023, 09:08 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-29-2023, 09:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: If you applied that rule to every team, then every GM would get fired every single year, because I guarantee you, some guy taken after the first round will make the Hall of Fame, and that will mean every team passed him over for a lesser player.

I liked Jefferson over Reagor but Reagor was actually a pretty good WR prospect.  He wasnt a projected 3rd or 4th round prospect.

Never heard of the guy before yesterday, but the more I read on him and watch clips, loving this pick..

Definitely need the jersey now!

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(04-29-2023, 09:08 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-29-2023, 09:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: If you applied that rule to every team, then every GM would get fired every single year, because I guarantee you, some guy taken after the first round will make the Hall of Fame, and that will mean every team passed him over for a lesser player.
I agree. They should fire him so the Jags can hire him, lol
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-29-2023, 09:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-29-2023, 09:08 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Eagles should have fired Howie Roseman for taking Reagor over Jefferson…..

I liked Jefferson over Reagor but Reagor was actually a pretty good WR prospect.  He wasnt a projected 3rd or 4th round prospect.

So it doesn't matter if they are good or not in the NFL, just as long as it fits all the mock draft projections?

(04-29-2023, 10:11 AM)RCGP Wrote:
(04-29-2023, 09:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I liked Jefferson over Reagor but Reagor was actually a pretty good WR prospect.  He wasnt a projected 3rd or 4th round prospect.

So it doesn't matter if they are good or not in the NFL, just as long as it fits all the mock draft projections?

I have already said if Strange turns out to be a better pro than Torrence I'll gladly eat crow

If strange turns out to be a weapon, then we have a top QB, stacked receiving core, two dynamic tight ends, and pretty full RB room. I like what we can do with that.

Penn State site's video scout on Strange. Pretty honest and balanced evaluation IMO. Great blocker w/ the athleticism to improve as a pass catcher. Goal line threat. video says there's two other nfl tight ends on the roster, which explains the modest production. Kiper had him going 51 to Miami in a mock.

https://youtu.be/x4Mqr1jVHAo

(04-29-2023, 10:26 AM)nitwit248 Wrote: Penn State site's video scout on Strange. Pretty honest and balanced evaluation IMO. Great blocker w/ the athleticism to improve as a pass catcher. Goal line threat. video says there's two other nfl tight ends on the roster, which explains the modest production. Kiper had him going 51 to Miami in a mock.

Great video

(04-29-2023, 10:26 AM)nitwit248 Wrote: Penn State site's video scout on Strange. Pretty honest and balanced evaluation IMO. Great blocker w/ the athleticism to improve as a pass catcher. Goal line threat. video says there's two other nfl tight ends on the roster, which explains the modest production. Kiper had him going 51 to Miami in a mock.

HORRIBLE PICK! BURN IT DOWN