Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kyle Brandts absurd AFC QB Tier list.

(05-11-2023, 12:18 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-09-2023, 10:40 AM)RicoTx Wrote: If seeing that you had asinine opinions is hive-minded...then sure, count me in.

Once again, your sig says it all.  If it took you that long to see that.....  

And now you're all on board.  I called this a long, long, long, long time ago.

This is the biggest issue I see here. There was never a point where I wasn't on board with drafting Lawrence, I never thought there was another option in that draft. My problem was and always has been the complete ignorance shown by seemingly everyone who acted as if he was the most perfect prospect of all time, when he simply wasn't. It's also extremely annoying to listen to the opinions of people who got their opinions from other people or highlight videos when you actually took the time to sit and watch every throw he made pre-draft. Me saying he had accuracy issues specifically with high passes, was proven factual... you gonna try and tell me he didn't have that issue last season? because he did. And it was terrible year 1. When I pointed out that he had a tendency to roll out to left and throw off balance, often times inaccurately.. and he's done that A LOT since becoming a jaguar, this was just an observation.. a CORRECT observation. When I said he plays poor under pressure (close games/4th quarter) it was again, proven factual quite a few times both this past season and the one prior.. what other QB can say they had 4+ turnovers in one season ON THE FIRST PLAY OF A GAME WINNING DRIVE ATTEMPT. OR THROWING A 1 YARD PICK ON THE GOAL LINE 2 WEEKS STRAIGHT.

This is again, not calling him a bust.. it was pointing out that he is no perfect prospect. It's not DETRACTING the physical talent he has.. it's just, again an observation that has provable evidence to support. IT DOSEN'T MEAN HE CAN'T GET BETTER AT THOSE THINGS, BUT TO SAY HE CAME INTO THE LEAGUE WITHOUT THEM IS A LIE, and if you agree with that part you can't tell me my take was wrong. 

Furhtermore, stupid arguments with 2 morons who like to stir up [BLEEP] with me lead to heated conversations in game day threads, which has been taken out of context to push a narrative. When I say "how can you defend that trash" following a horrendusly poor pass/decision, that isn't me saying TREVOR is trash, it's me saying THAT PLAY was trash. 

The thread I made the day of or a few days after the drafting of Lawrence makes my standpoint very clear. I was cautiously optimistic.. DON'T THINK I'D BE OPTIMISTIC AT ALL IF I THOUGHT HE WAS A BUST. BUT I WOULD BE CAUTIOUS OF SOMEONE BEING OVER HYPED, AND PEGGED AS THE NEXT PEYTON MANNING WHEN HE CAME INTO THE LEAGUE WITH INFINITELY MORE FLAWS IN HIS GAME THAN PEYTON OR LUCK.

EDIT: ALSO in regards to my signature, everyone on the planet with a bias flag stuck up their bum knows that Raiders game was Trevors turning point. He was coming off a stretch that had him looking like he started to regress back to his rookie year form. Pointing to the first charger/colts game and his stats was moronic and was proven so as the Colts were possibly the worst defense in the league last year and the chargers were no better. When he started playing meaningful football in close games and started becoming a reason we were winning as opposed to winning in spite of him, that's where it started trending upwards. It was not impressive watching him dink and dunk his way up and down the field against the colts/chargers earlier in the year when our defense won those 2 games. Stats aren't the measuring stick for a good performance. Gardner Minshew went for 90% cmp pct the year we went 1-15 against the same Colts, Blake Bortles had 4 td 0 int games in 2017 when our defense was carrying him aswell.

Lol, ok Kyle. We see you backtracking.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Messages In This Thread
WVUJagsman - by WVUJagsman - 05-10-2023, 11:24 PM
RE: WVUJagsman - by Jag88 - 05-10-2023, 11:41 PM
RE: WVUJagsman - by Mikey - 05-11-2023, 08:21 AM
RE: WVUJagsman - by ChrisJagBoy - 05-11-2023, 10:31 PM
RE: WVUJagsman - by flsprtsgod - 05-12-2023, 07:07 AM
RE: Kyle Brandts absurd AFC QB Tier list. - by flsprtsgod - 05-11-2023, 06:37 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 05-12-2023, 11:43 AM