Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kyle Brandts absurd AFC QB Tier list.

Brandts list:

Tier 1: Mahomes
Tier 2: Allen/Burrow
Tier 3: Rodgers/Lamar/Burrow
Tier 4: Wilson/Watson
Tier 5: Jimmy G
Tier 6: Picket, Mac Jones, Lawrence, Tua

I know we've all seen this terrible list, and I think it's safe to say this list was made to get clicks/engagement on the youtube channel. But post your list.

My list:
Tier 2: Allen/Burrow
Tier 3: Rodgers/Lamarr/Lawrence/Watson
Tier 4: Tua
Tier 5: Jimmy G/Wilson
Tier 6: Mac/Picket

I'm basing my list on 2023 projection, not past accomplishments.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's not as outlandish as it sounds. There's a very real possibility that Trevor could both live up to expectations and be our iteration of Fred Taylor struggling for pro bowl recognition in a stacked conference.

Maybe we should have drafted more pass rushers....

He clearly only watched the first half of the season. Based on the entire season, he should have been at least in the 3rd tier. I suspect this year he’ll be good enough to be up there with Mahomes although he’ll only really get that kind of recognition if the Jags win the Superbowl and perhaps not even then,
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

So we are making our lists based on how they’ll finish the 2023 season?

*large gap*

Tier 2: Burrow Allen Lawrence
Tier 3: Lamar Rodgers Herbert
Tier 4: Tua Jimmy G Watson
Tier 5: Wilson
Tier 6: Mac Pickett

In the AFC, Mahomes and Burrow are on the same level. With Mahomes having the better coaching. Then next tier is Lamar and Allen, with Trevor and Herbert not far behind. Then there are the rest.

Purposely left Rodgers out because I think he is not even trying anymore

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2023, 08:41 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

At the end of the season

Tier 1
Mahomes
Burrow
Lawrence
Rodgers

Allen
Herbert

Hurts
Jackson
Tua ( if healthy)

I think this is the year Trev or enters the elite category

Brandt is a clownshow.

Tier 1
Mahomes
Trevor, Burrow

Tier 2 

Allen, Herbert, Hurts, Jackson

Tier 3 
Rodgers, Tua
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(05-06-2023, 08:38 AM)jaglyn Wrote: In the AFC, Mahomes and Burrow are on the same level. With Mahomes having the better coaching. Then next tier is Lamar and Allen, with Trevor and Herbert not far behind. Then there are the rest.

Purposely left Rodgers out because I think he is not even trying anymore

Burrow has been really good, but Mahomes had done more, and done it longer.

I'm not sure I'd put Allen on Burrow's level, but I definitely wouldn't put anyone on Mahomes' level right now.

Mahomes' closest comp right now is Tom Brady.

As for Trevor, if Herbert is level 3 I don't know how Trevor could be considered below level 3. Trevor has beaten Herbert multiple times with inferior surrounding talent and Herbert doesn't have any significant achievements so far.

When I saw this list on youtube I thought there was no way TLaw was this low. I can't wait for the season to come and these new Jags go off for 30 points a game with just enough defense to keep teams in the low 20's. I loved the 17 season but this feels so much better and much more sustainable.
"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2023, 12:21 PM by Jag88. Edited 3 times in total.)

So the first half the season, Lawrence made some bad decisions. He became a top 5 QB in the second half of the season.

Mahomes
Burrow
Josh Allen
Lawrence
Hearbert
Hurts
Rodgers

The rest of the nfl

Side note..

I lost faith in Russell Wilson. Matt Stratford is good and is right there in the top ten when healthy.

(05-06-2023, 08:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So we are making our lists based on how they’ll finish the 2023 season?

*large gap*

I love Trevor, that said national media isn't going to put hom ahead of Rodgers or Lamar jackson

Brandt is a Bills fanboy, isn’t he? This hot taek is lining up to get revisited come January. Would be somewhat ironic if Lawrence looked dominant in a playoff win against the Bills.

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2023, 06:51 PM by Jag149. Edited 2 times in total.)

(05-06-2023, 04:31 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Brandt is a Bills fanboy, isn’t he?  This hot taek is lining up to get revisited come January.  Would be somewhat ironic if Lawrence looked dominant in a playoff win against the Bills.

I can think of a few reasons for his evaluation. One stated previously is it is meant to get clicks, gin up controversy getting his name out there which in turn generates more earnings. If by chance he is only somewhat correct he can crow he saw it first.  If he is not somewhat correct he can write an article exposing himself and generating the same clicks. There is really no downside to this. It happens every year in one form or another...

I do look forward to seeing how it plays out and ensuring we don't let him forget it ever.

It reminds me of the sportswriter character in the movie "The Natural"...
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(05-06-2023, 12:05 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(05-06-2023, 08:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So we are making our lists based on how they’ll finish the 2023 season?

*large gap*

I love Trevor, that said national media isn't going to put hom ahead of Rodgers or Lamar jackson

Lamar sucks.

(05-06-2023, 05:15 AM)jj82284 Wrote: It's not as outlandish as it sounds.  There's a very real possibility that Trevor could both live up to expectations and be our iteration of Fred Taylor struggling for pro bowl recognition in a stacked conference. 

Maybe we should have drafted more pass rushers....

You can't justify Picket/Mac Jones in the same Tier as Tua/Trevor. Also Wilson was horrendus last year, he's not above them either.

I am cool with it. This guy will look like an idiot after Lawrence acts up this year.

Kyle who? Don't know of him and don't care about his opinion.

Good Morning Football went down hill after Kay Adams left.

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2023, 02:09 AM by JaguarJosh2.)

(05-07-2023, 01:37 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Good Morning Football went down hill after Kay Adams left.

Yep.  Jamie isn't bad at what she does though.

One day we'll have our franchise QB, imagine being as naive as these "analysts". Lawrence is a top 10 QB in the league no doubt about it. Maybe he is 9th or 10th, but he is not low caliber.

(05-07-2023, 12:15 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Kyle who? Don't know of him and don't care about his opinion.

Some dummy on NFLN