Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Current Danger of Hateful Rhetoric and Domestic Terrorism

(07-14-2023, 08:08 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(07-09-2023, 02:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The bolded is astoundingly false, and a clear example of a conservative voter falling prey to hateful rhetoric and/or conspiracy theory - and simply believing it as truth. 

This is how the wackos referenced in the OP are initially spawned. Acceptance of outlandish falsehoods.

If you look where that's coming from though? It tends to be from the bleeding blue states, cities and counties. Look at that odd thing going on right now with AMC having "technical issues" with that movie regarding the Sound of Freedom. That's odd. You don't need to believe in anything now when you can find countless videos of this online, in public speaking forums, with interviews and parents genuinely concerned about certain groups getting within their school system. Goes back to that drag queen that was a registered sex offender being able to sit down and read books to kids. 

Speaking of wackos, you speak of it being on the far right, was the last shooter at that religious school not carried about a transgendered person? 

Will reiterate. I do not lean left. I do not lean right. I tend to stand front and center on most issues here. With that said, I don't want to get lumped in with either side of the field. Both sides are guilty of spewing hateful rhetoric and being staunch in their [BLEEP] up beliefs. My line in the sand starts with children. It's all cyclical. An abused child today is a broken man, woman or gender confused person down the road (potentially, I know not all victims grow up to be abusers themselves, myself included), but, it is a pattern.

(07-09-2023, 03:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: It really doesn't beget anything, and I've made clear reference to the counterpart.

This notion of one begetting the other anytime a misstep by someone on the right is pointed out in this forum is sad. 
Instead of actually addressing the point it's always:
"But her emails!!" 
"But Biden did something similar!!" 
"But, but, but but..... whatever" 

If you are unable to discuss a clearly described issue facing the citizens of our great nation without having to attempt in countering it with something equally despicable - you are immediately disingenuous in your response to the initial topic. 

OP: I think there are some bad things happening. Many of the bad things I see and describe in this post are coming from right wing extremists. We need to consider how we fuel the fire of these extremists.

Response: BUT there are left wing extremists too!!!!!!!!

OP: Right, but can we talk about the ones I'm talking about for a second? 

Response: The left are all pedophiles!!!! 

It's not a [BLEEP] contest. 
It's a problem. 
One that I believe is going to get a lot of people killed sooner or later.
Sorry we apparently can't talk about it.

I agree with this. And it's done this way by design, almost in every country that has multiple parties involved. Everybody drinks the kool aid from whatever watering hole they find most attractive or they swallow that lunch meat up with the 6 O'clock news or late night news. 

I think it's going to be an uphill battle forever until we turn this system upside down and demand reformation. Money has to be removed from it for starters. I am willing to talk, debate and pinball ideas back and forth with anybody on here as respectfully as possible. Regardless of your views. 

We're heading for a full on meltdown at this point as a society if things do not stop or change soon. Feels like a runaway train with no brakes.

1) it is impossible to remove money from politics.  Every possible earthly system will have rich people who are motivated to preserve their wealth by patronizing politicians, whether that is legal or not.

2) Americans have been trying to reduce the role of big money by recruiting more small money donors, people like us.  We've also reduced and (in the case of Republicans) almost eliminated the ability of candidates to get a nomination without a primary contest.  Party elites have very little power anymore.  The smoke filled room is gone.  Long gone. Yet polarization *increased* after this.  It did not decrease.  Further attempts to reduce the role of big money may satisfy certain definitions of reducing corruption, but are likely to increase strife and greatly reduce politeness in the meantime.

3) only one reform is out there that is proven to reduce polarization in an existing democracy.  It is ranked choice voting.  If you look at what it has done in Northern Ireland it is remarkable.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Current Danger of Hateful Rhetoric and Conspiracy Theory - by mikesez - 07-14-2023, 10:51 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 07-14-2023, 09:34 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by Caldrac - 07-14-2023, 09:40 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 07-14-2023, 10:10 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by Caldrac - 07-14-2023, 10:23 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 07-16-2023, 07:59 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by The Real Marty - 07-16-2023, 09:43 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 07-16-2023, 09:57 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by NYC4jags - 07-16-2023, 04:16 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 07-18-2023, 09:32 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by NYC4jags - 07-18-2023, 11:16 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 08-18-2023, 01:47 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by mikesez - 08-18-2023, 02:40 PM