Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Current Danger of Hateful Rhetoric and Domestic Terrorism

Nut jobs acting violently due to ill advised messaging from politicians is nothing new. I know that. 

What does appear to be new is the higher number of nut jobs the digital age has spawned, and the relative ease with which they are able to find their would be targets while armed to the teeth. 

We've heard of multiple arrests happening in the wake of Trump's election loss and numerous nut jobs detained at various sites who were clearly responding to conspiracies being floated by Trump and his supporters. 

We've seen dozens of Latin X persons murdered in mass shootings with the killers ranting to anyone who will listen the exact same rhetoric about an immigrant invasion that we hear from Trump and Tucker Carlson. 

Here is just one example of many varied and troubling cases. 
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/07/05...s-00104715

Personally, I think it is just a matter of time before one of these wackos or one of these militia groups hit a sensitive or prominent target. Which could set off cataclysmic repercussions. 

And, yes, of course this stuff happens from sympathizers supporting both sides of the aisle. The current climate just happens to have if more focused and prevalent from the right wing. I'm sure there are relevant examples of extremists from the left doing all kinds of evil, but the current climate is lopsided the other way. The point being made is that our society and media are not being responsible about the spread of hateful propaganda and it is going to end up fueling more and more violence. 

The civil war talk is also just getting louder and louder, and more and more normalized. There are enough wackos out there building arsenals that this rhetoric will equate to violence soon enough. 

I wish we didn't normalize the hate like we do. It's dangerous, and I see us very near a tipping point.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What's really disturbing is the libby's thinking. Their identity politics is really a breeding ground for segregation and hatred. Their critical thinking has collapsed, leaving them to vote with hurt feelings instead of common sense. Obviously pedophilia is now a protected sexuality to them and almost no longer a taboo in their circles of disgustingness. You figure that would be a deal breaker for the common dem/lib voter, but I see that as a no-go.. Maybe if Trump would quit draggin his bits and pieces across their foreheads while they sleep, they wouldn't be so fragile..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(07-09-2023, 01:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: What's really disturbing is the libby's thinking. Their identity politics is really a breeding ground for segregation and hatred. Their critical thinking has collapsed, leaving them to vote with hurt feelings instead of common sense. Obviously pedophilia is now a protected sexuality to them and almost no longer a taboo in their circles of disgustingness. You figure that would be a deal breaker for the common dem/lib voter, but I see that as a no-go.. Maybe if Trump would quit draggin his bits and pieces across their foreheads while they sleep, they wouldn't be so fragile..

The bolded is astoundingly false, and a clear example of a conservative voter falling prey to hateful rhetoric and/or conspiracy theory - and simply believing it as truth. 

This is how the wackos referenced in the OP are initially spawned. Acceptance of outlandish falsehoods.

(07-09-2023, 02:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-09-2023, 01:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: What's really disturbing is the libby's thinking. Their identity politics is really a breeding ground for segregation and hatred. Their critical thinking has collapsed, leaving them to vote with hurt feelings instead of common sense. Obviously pedophilia is now a protected sexuality to them and almost no longer a taboo in their circles of disgustingness. You figure that would be a deal breaker for the common dem/lib voter, but I see that as a no-go.. Maybe if Trump would quit draggin his bits and pieces across their foreheads while they sleep, they wouldn't be so fragile..

The bolded is astoundingly false, and a clear example of a conservative voter falling prey to hateful rhetoric and/or conspiracy theory - and simply believing it as truth. 

This is how the wackos referenced in the OP are initially spawned. Acceptance of outlandish falsehoods.

This is a prime example of redirection away from the root problem. Failure to clean their own houses before moving on to someone else's is the cowards way out.

(07-09-2023, 02:44 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(07-09-2023, 02:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The bolded is astoundingly false, and a clear example of a conservative voter falling prey to hateful rhetoric and/or conspiracy theory - and simply believing it as truth. 

This is a prime example of redirection away from the root problem. Failure to clean their own houses before moving on to someone else's is the cowards way out.

Are you accusing someone else of redirection when you took a thread about political violence by extremists into a ridiculous accusation of pedophilia acceptance?

LOL

Try to focus when the gummies where off.

(07-09-2023, 02:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-09-2023, 02:44 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: This is a prime example of redirection away from the root problem. Failure to clean their own houses before moving on to someone else's is the cowards way out.

Are you accusing someone else of redirection when you took a thread about political violence by extremists into a ridiculous accusation of pedophilia acceptance?

LOL

No redirection, just pointing out the reason for public backlash against the party of pedophilia and why they're "not very well liked"..

Sorry, if you don't like it.. Not my fault  Smile

(07-09-2023, 02:56 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(07-09-2023, 02:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Are you accusing someone else of redirection when you took a thread about political violence by extremists into a ridiculous accusation of pedophilia acceptance?

LOL

No redirection, just pointing out the reason for public backlash against the party of pedophilia and why they're "not very well liked"..

You have missed the point  - and are apparently attempting to say any right wing extremist acting out (or attempting to act out) politically motivated violence is doing so because the left has accepted pedophilia. 

OK.

You're doing a great job of showing just how brainwashed these extremists must be. I'll give you that much. 

And listen, if you're a grown [BLEEP] man and you've allowed yourself to believe something so asinine and insane, it is indeed your fault. 
I'm clearly blaming the normalization of propaganda for making this kind of lunacy so widespread, but you absolutely should take some of the blame for allowing yourself to be such a malleable piece of clay. 
It's a sad time we're in that so many folks are duped by and filled with hate so easily.

(07-09-2023, 02:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Why would you say it's astoundingly false? I concede that it's not widely accepted among democrats, but it's also only accepted by democrats. Imo, too many people on the left bury their heads in the sands with regards to their party's worst attributes, which gives a voice to the most radicals. 

You post about the right, but you are oblivious (or at least come across that way), to the damage that is coming from the left. You can't have a healthy examination of right-wing violence without also looking at the violence that is rampant and ignored on the left. One begets the other.

(07-09-2023, 03:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-09-2023, 02:56 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: No redirection, just pointing out the reason for public backlash against the party of pedophilia and why they're "not very well liked"..

You have missed the point  - and are apparently attempting to say any right wing extremist acting out (or attempting to act out) politically motivated violence is doing so because the left has accepted pedophilia. 

OK.

You're doing a great job of showing just how brainwashed these extremists must be. I'll give you that much. 

And listen, if you're a grown [BLEEP] man and you've allowed yourself to believe something so asinine and insane, it is indeed your fault. 
I'm clearly blaming the normalization of propaganda for making this kind of lunacy so widespread, but you absolutely should take some of the blame for allowing yourself to be such a malleable piece of clay. 
It's a sad time we're in that so many folks are duped by and filled with hate so easily.

Sorry you're having such a difficult time with reality. Maybe try a psychologist or a therapist.. Ask around, I see commercials all the time for the types of medications that could help you. Awareness is the key.

(07-09-2023, 03:14 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(07-09-2023, 02:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The bolded is astoundingly false, and a clear example of a conservative voter falling prey to hateful rhetoric and/or conspiracy theory - and simply believing it as truth. 

Why would you say it's astoundingly false? I concede that it's not widely accepted among democrats, but it's also only accepted by democrats. Imo, too many people on the left bury their heads in the sands with regards to their party's worst attributes, which gives a voice to the most radicals. 

You post about the right, but you are oblivious (or at least come across that way), to the damage that is coming from the left. You can't have a healthy examination of right-wing violence without also looking at the violence that is rampant and ignored on the left. One begets the other.

It really doesn't beget anything, and I've made clear reference to the counterpart.

This notion of one begetting the other anytime a misstep by someone on the right is pointed out in this forum is sad. 
Instead of actually addressing the point it's always:
"But her emails!!" 
"But Biden did something similar!!" 
"But, but, but but..... whatever" 

If you are unable to discuss a clearly described issue facing the citizens of our great nation without having to attempt in countering it with something equally despicable - you are immediately disingenuous in your response to the initial topic. 

OP: I think there are some bad things happening. Many of the bad things I see and describe in this post are coming from right wing extremists. We need to consider how we fuel the fire of these extremists.

Response: BUT there are left wing extremists too!!!!!!!!

OP: Right, but can we talk about the ones I'm talking about for a second? 

Response: The left are all pedophiles!!!! 

It's not a [BLEEP] contest. 
It's a problem. 
One that I believe is going to get a lot of people killed sooner or later.
Sorry we apparently can't talk about it.

Unhinged..

(07-09-2023, 01:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Nut jobs acting violently due to ill advised messaging from politicians is nothing new. I know that. 

What does appear to be new is the higher number of nut jobs the digital age has spawned, and the relative ease with which they are able to find their would be targets while armed to the teeth. 

We've heard of multiple arrests happening in the wake of Trump's election loss and numerous nut jobs detained at various sites who were clearly responding to conspiracies being floated by Trump and his supporters. 

We've seen dozens of Latin X persons murdered in mass shootings with the killers ranting to anyone who will listen the exact same rhetoric about an immigrant invasion that we hear from Trump and Tucker Carlson. 

Personally, I think it is just a matter of time before one of these wackos or one of these militia groups hit a sensitive or prominent target. Which could set off cataclysmic repercussions. 

And, yes, of course this stuff happens from sympathizers supporting both sides of the aisle. The current climate just happens to have if more focused and prevalent from the right wing. I'm sure there are relevant examples of extremists from the left doing all kinds of evil, but the current climate is lopsided the other way. The point being made is that our society and media are not being responsible about the spread of hateful propaganda and it is going to end up fueling more and more violence. 

The civil war talk is also just getting louder and louder, and more and more normalized. There are enough wackos out there building arsenals that this rhetoric will equate to violence soon enough. 

I wish we didn't normalize the hate like we do. It's dangerous, and I see us very near a tipping point.

I'd like to help you buddy, but nothing you've ever said has resonated with me.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-09-2023, 03:57 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-09-2023, 01:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Nut jobs acting violently due to ill advised messaging from politicians is nothing new. I know that. 

I'd like to help you buddy, but nothing you've ever said has resonated with me.

I wasn't asking for help. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Note to self:

When discussing an impending danger from violent extremists, make sure you aren't wasting your time telling the people who actually support the violent extremists.

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2023, 04:26 PM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(07-09-2023, 04:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-09-2023, 03:57 PM)mikesez Wrote: I'd like to help you buddy, but nothing you've ever said has resonated with me.

I wasn't asking for help. 

Note to self:

When discussing an impending danger from violent extremists, make sure you aren't wasting your time telling the people who actually support the violent extremists.

I actually agree with most of what you said in OP, but after how you treat me here, refuse to stick up for me, I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.  I've been here for *years* pushing back against FSG and Ronster and Winger for their violent extremism.  And we have nice banter too, but mostly me pushing back.  And all you can say is, "nothing that poster has said has ever resonated with me".  Then you come on here like this? Where you been man?  Stabs in the back hurt way more than stabs in the front. Change. Recognize that you are a bigger part of the problem than them. People like us need to be united because there are more of us than there are them. If we unite.
If we dont stab each other in the back.  I hope you change and repent and unite with me. Otherwise, die mad.

(07-09-2023, 04:23 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-09-2023, 04:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I wasn't asking for help. 

Note to self:

I actually agree with most of what you said in OP, but after how you treat me here, refuse to stick up for me, I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.  I've been here for *years* pushing back against FSG and Ronster and Winger for their violent extremism.  And we have nice banter too, but mostly me pushing back.  And all you can say is, "nothing that poster has said has ever resonated with me".  Then you come on here like this? Where you been man?  Stabs in the back hurt way more than stabs in the front. Change.  Recognize that you are a bigger part of the problem than them.  People like us need to be united because there are more of us than there are them.  If we unite.
If we dont stab each other in the back.  I hope you change and repent and unite with me. Otherwise, die mad.
Good lord. This may win “worst post of 2023”.

Get over yourself. It’s a Jags message board. Nothing anyone says here is truly going to change the mind of another. 

Congrats on wasting YEARS on this board arguing with people about politics.

(07-09-2023, 04:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-09-2023, 04:23 PM)mikesez Wrote: I actually agree with most of what you said in OP, but after how you treat me here, refuse to stick up for me, I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.  I've been here for *years* pushing back against FSG and Ronster and Winger for their violent extremism.  And we have nice banter too, but mostly me pushing back.  And all you can say is, "nothing that poster has said has ever resonated with me".  Then you come on here like this? Where you been man?  Stabs in the back hurt way more than stabs in the front. Change.  Recognize that you are a bigger part of the problem than them.  People like us need to be united because there are more of us than there are them.  If we unite.
Good lord. This may win “worst post of 2023”.

Get over yourself. It’s a Jags message board. Nothing anyone says here is truly going to change the mind of another. 

So why do you go after Ronster about him wanting to kill all democrats, if it doesn't matter?

(07-09-2023, 04:39 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-09-2023, 04:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Good lord. This may win “worst post of 2023”.

So why do you go after Ronster about him wanting to kill all democrats, if it doesn't matter?
Yes. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn’t matter because he’s not going to change either. He will likely always feel that way and he’s free to feel like that. I’m also free to call out that BS when I want to. I don’t expect anyone else to because people can do and post what they want.

However, getting mad at someone because they don’t spend hours in this portion of the board “having your back” makes you seem like a child.

(07-09-2023, 04:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-09-2023, 04:39 PM)mikesez Wrote: So why do you go after Ronster about him wanting to kill all democrats, if it doesn't matter?
Yes. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn’t matter because he’s not going to change either. He will likely always feel that way and he’s free to feel like that. I’m also free to call out that BS when I want to. I don’t expect anyone else to because people can do and post what they want.

However, getting mad at someone because they don’t spend hours in this portion of the board “having your back” makes you seem like a child.

Of course it does.
You know who doesn't care about who is coming across as cool or childish, though?
Violent extremists.
If you actually cared about this problem, you wouldn't care if you or I look cool while doing it.
There's a reason they call themselves the three percenters.
They know 97% of us don't want them to win.
But they also know that we'll waste more time arguing about who gets to be in charge and who gets canceled for being toxic while they slide in and eliminate our ability to displace them.

Violent extremist lolol

Not a violent bone in my body, dude..

Growing up it was always, ALWAYS the DemoRATS that were nasty as they could be, always attacking and the Republicans just sat back and took it, opting to take the “high road”. Well, that got us nowhere, now we fight fire with fire, and that sometimes looks ugly.

But we are way past amicable relationships with the left, there is no debating , no more so called compromising where the Dims get everything and the pubs get nothing. We need to destroy the left or they destroy us. Simple…
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"