Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Current Danger of Hateful Rhetoric and Domestic Terrorism

(07-21-2023, 02:58 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(07-21-2023, 10:00 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I apologize for the ridiculous analogy. I was rushing off and didn't have the time or energy to cull through your last post. 

Nonetheless dialogue is akin to how I feel when I tell the kids "sometimes life isn't fair." 
Sometimes you have to just accept a truth that isn't what you'd prefer it to be. 

If you are going to adopt a paranoia about federal plots and schemes and imply alternate motivations behind everything that you don't like - then what is the point here?  You are unwilling too accept reality without an attempt to explain it away with unfounded theories. 

You are unwilling to take facts at face value. You are unwilling to accept that bad people did bad things in the name of Donald Trump because he lied to them about election results. 

It is so simple. People got really angry and worked up because they believed they had been cheated by the American electoral process when the reality is - their guy just simply lost the election. 

There need be no conspiracy.
There need be no Antifa and federal plants. 
There need be no psyops. 
There is no need for me to entertain your assumptions about Epps. 

Americans were lied to and made to believe their votes had not been counted in good faith. 
So they reacted and did some stupid [BLEEP].  
The end.

I don't care to argue the election in this thread. Or at least not until we finish what we are discussing. 

The main takeaway (which is where I stand on election fraud, too), is that we get too distracted arguing the what ifs, when there are ideals or questions we would agree on otherwise. My point with Epps is not that HE'S AN AGENT OMG. It's that he should be in jail by the standards that have been established. You and the moderates should watch that video, see incitement and also want him in jail. I get mad when we all agree on a principle, but never collectively push for that principle because we are too busy arguing about speculation. If we both agreed he should be in jail, and put pressure on the government to put him there, then you take away both the possibility of conspiracy and/or corruption.

I don't trust the government. 15 years ago, all of my liberal friends felt the same way. Now, it's reversed, but nothing's changed. I've just gotten older and wiser, and they've just seen their party get power. I think it's foolish to trust what these people say without proper checks and balances, transparency, and accountability. It's just not present in our government. Just like I think we should all agree that Epps should be in jail, I think we should all agree that we want open and transparent elections. For the last 20 years, there has been a dispute after every major election. Something is broken, but instead of trying to clean it up and us, as the collective, pushing for our government to get their act together, we justify it when our side wins and get pissed off about it when they lose. It's a terrible, vicious cycle.

We do have open and transparent elections.
That's why you were able to do that quixotic deep dive on precinct level data that you did.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 07-14-2023, 09:34 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by Caldrac - 07-14-2023, 09:40 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 07-14-2023, 10:10 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by Caldrac - 07-14-2023, 10:23 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 07-16-2023, 07:59 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by The Real Marty - 07-16-2023, 09:43 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 07-16-2023, 09:57 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by NYC4jags - 07-16-2023, 04:16 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 07-18-2023, 09:32 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by NYC4jags - 07-18-2023, 11:16 AM
RE: The Current Danger of Hateful Rhetoric and Conspiracy Theory - by mikesez - 07-22-2023, 09:20 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 08-18-2023, 01:47 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by mikesez - 08-18-2023, 02:40 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by WingerDinger - 08-18-2023, 02:45 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 08-25-2023, 06:45 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by NYC4jags - 08-25-2023, 07:53 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by WingerDinger - 08-25-2023, 08:53 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 09-01-2023, 11:04 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by flsprtsgod - 09-01-2023, 11:12 AM