Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Carolina

Tepper hung everybody out to dry today though. Saw a video circulating where he said they thought the tinhorns were going to draft Bryce Young all along, they wanted Stroud the whole time, they then all universally decided that Young was the next best bet.

Young's probably going to have a very steep, uphill battle to climb, just like Tua Tagovailoa did when he entered the NFL. His frame hurts him. I haven't seen him live too many times but he has virtually nothing to work with around him.

His best receiving option was traded to Chicago to ultimately get him in the deal for Carolina. Thielen is doing a good job as a veteran but a lot of that seems like it's mop up duty stuff or short stuff being allowed by the defense to keep the game moving to some extent.

Not sure how the defense looks or how the offensive line peforms but it's pretty obvious the talent around him is not there right now. They're entering the draft next year completely depleted with options as well. They really did this kid no favors.

Best bet, in my opinion, is, you stick with an offensive minded coach and coaching staff. You find a head coaching candidate that is willing to also call the plays offensively. I would take a gamble on two guys just like that right now that could possibly work some magic with Young in year two.

1. Kellen Moore
2. Eric Bieniemy

I think those are probably your two best bets right now. Biniemy is making Howell look somewhat competent in just one year there with the Commanders and he's called some pretty good games offensively. Kellen's worked with Dallas and Prescott and worked under ownership similar to Tepper more than likely. He's now working with Herbert and the Chargers, again surrounded by a questionable owner and a really dimwit of a head coach in Staley.

So, that's the route to go in my opinion. Don't make the mistake Chicago did. Don't go out and hire a defensive minded coach to head coach your team that was heavily invested in the QB position to begin with. What the tinhorns have in Ryan and Stroud is a freak of nature event. You don't see that very often and if it's not already been said to that poor kid in Carolina? Don't worry about chasing Stroud's ghost. You're Bryce Young. You be Bryce Young.

But, give him a chance I think with an offensive minded coach that heads the team and calls the offense, hope that individual is good at finding a strong defensive minded staff to shore up that side for them so they can absolutely focus and maximize the investments made for Young. The NFC South is truly weak man. You have a 5 - 6 divisional leader right now. A team that finishes with 7 or 8 wins will have the 4th seed in the NFC.

They could very easily be a winning team next year if they just hire the right guy.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Messages In This Thread
Carolina - by Jaguarmeister - 11-29-2023, 03:37 PM
Carolina - by I am Yoda - 11-29-2023, 04:08 PM
RE: Carolina - by Jaguarmeister - 11-29-2023, 04:15 PM
RE: Carolina - by The Real Marty - 11-29-2023, 04:22 PM
RE: Carolina - by homebiscuit - 11-29-2023, 07:36 PM
RE: Carolina - by Caldrac - 11-29-2023, 04:23 PM
RE: Carolina - by americus 2.0 - 11-29-2023, 06:01 PM
RE: Carolina - by NCJag - 11-29-2023, 07:12 PM
RE: Carolina - by Mikey - 11-30-2023, 10:18 AM
RE: Carolina - by imtheblkranger - 11-30-2023, 01:18 PM
RE: Carolina - by Caldrac - 11-30-2023, 01:34 PM