Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I believe they should bench Lawrence next week

(12-26-2023, 02:52 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 02:46 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Perfectly put. I get it, we live in the talking head era where we have endless shows and social media 'experts' overreacting to the extreme, positively and negatively and fans get caught up with that way of thinking too. I love nothing more than a debate and seeing opinions I agree and disagree with but the mass reaction to whatever happened last, like you say, irregardless of what went before, is getting pretty tiresome.

I get peoples frustration and disappointment with how the season has gone from 8-3 but damn we were 8-3 and with a damn tough schedule. We all knew the team looked light at Oline and the depth drop off for skill positions were a worry and were seeing that hurt us. I also had repeating the South and getting to playoffs as a successful season and know we are trending in the right direction. Would I love for us to just click and win multiple SB's? Sure, which team wouldn't but there are 31 other teams trying to do that and there are a number of teams who have better rosters and been trying to get over that hump a lot longer than us. It takes so many things to come together to be a SB contender but the steps we've taken in just 2 years are amazing. We aren't a one year wonder who have a cupcake schedule.

I just feel I see the big picture for us and we have some pieces to build that SB roster around, we still have a long way to go and we need the FO to hit on FA pickups and draft picks but I'm pretty damn happy seeing us in the playoff races while we're building that roster.

Some of these people are suggesting that this seasons regression means Trevor sucks, blow it up, time to move on...they have no ability to bear adversity with dignity. The emergence of entitlement with these people is something I've never seen before. We've been the Factory of Sadness for the better part of two decades, had a miraculous turnaround last year and now, aren't really bad just not the level of sucess we want with a.500 division leading team. It's just pathetic how weak these people are mentally.

Yes yes and freaking yes. It was so damn depressing watching us every Sunday and after 5 minutes being down 10-0 and knowing that's the game. Endless offseasons of FA additions and draft picks that are going to be the guy that turns us around and by Week 7 they are a bust we need to replace in FA or the draft. It was a depressing endless cycle that seemed to have no exit. I used to dream of being a .500 team. Then suddenly it all turned around. The conversations on here now are the same before the Raiders game last year and that magical run. We go 8-3 (and still some on here were complaining) but first bump in the road and rough stretch and it's back to all put negativity. I said it earlier this year, for some we either have to win the SB and if we cant then get the #1 pick. There's nowhere in the middle. 

We are at the start of a fun ride and there's going to be ups and down, delight and heartbreak along the way but damn I'd rather go through that than watch us get destroyed 14 weeks a season and see who we pick top 5 year after year.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I believe they should bench Lawrence next week - by JagFan81 - 12-26-2023, 03:03 PM