Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I believe they should bench Lawrence next week

Its either the injuries or he has lost confidence but I believe sitting him a week or two could benefit him. He has become a turnover machine giving us 0 chance to win.

Bench him and see if he can get a little more healthy. Making the playoffs are little concern the way this team has been playing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-24-2023, 11:16 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Its either the injuries or he has lost confidence but I believe sitting him a week or two could benefit him. He has become a turnover machine giving us 0 chance to win.

Bench him and see if he can get a little more healthy. Making the playoffs are little concern the way this team has been playing.

He had no business playing today. What another dumb decision by Doug to let him take the field this week.

It's amazing how little he is getting called out. He has been outcoached in almost every game this year.

He should be benched next week for sure, but possibly week 18 as well.

Ok bench him and then what? The line magically blocks and we get 100 yard rushing?
No Fun

(12-25-2023, 12:02 AM)nhiverson Wrote: Ok bench him and then what? The line magically blocks and we get 100 yard rushing?

He needs to be benched because he's broken. The amount of injuries he is dealing with need to heal.

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2023, 12:20 AM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

Trevor lovers will be coming for you.

This time I kinda agree. What will some meaningless wins get us? a worse draft position? is it a coincidence that he has been playing worse since he got injured? is he really healthy? this season is over anyway. He should heal.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Benching Lawrence isn't going to suddenly stop this Defense from letting the opposing Offense score on every single possession.

(12-25-2023, 12:06 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Benching Lawrence isn't going to suddenly stop this Defense from letting the opposing Offense score on every single possession.

Again, the benching isn't to all of a sudden start winning. I don't think CJ is better. But Trevor is 100% injured and needs to heal up. Rushing him back is [BLEEP] stupid.

The jags win their last 2 games then they get to.hang the afc south champions banner. Even though I agree we will get beaten handily in a playoff game right now winning your division still menas something. So it's just plain dumb to say these are meaningless games. And as bad as trevor has played the last few weeks he still gives us a much better shot at winning than CJ.

(12-25-2023, 12:07 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(12-25-2023, 12:06 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Benching Lawrence isn't going to suddenly stop this Defense from letting the opposing Offense score on every single possession.

Again, the benching isn't to all of a sudden start winning. I don't think CJ is better. But Trevor is 100% injured and needs to heal up. Rushing him back is [BLEEP] stupid.

It might. Defense sees a hopeless offense, why bother trying? Maybe if defense sees offense doing something productive, they'll try and compete as well.

I recognize this Jaguars Team.

It’s the Jags we all know and love, where it takes an act of god just to get a win

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2023, 01:30 AM by OG-JAGFAN.)

(12-25-2023, 12:10 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: The jags win their last 2 games then they get to.hang the afc south champions banner. Even though I agree we will get beaten handily in a playoff game right now winning your division still menas something. So it's just plain dumb to say these are meaningless games. And as bad as trevor has played the last few weeks he still gives us a much better shot at winning than CJ.
I disagree he gives us a better chance to win. Right now he is turning the ball over and often putting the defense in a bad spot. He needs time to heal and get mentally right.

BTW Lawrence is tied with the league lead in turnovers with 19.

Turnovers are the top reason why teams lose.

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2023, 01:31 AM by Jaguar Warrior.)

(12-25-2023, 01:25 AM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:
(12-25-2023, 12:10 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: The jags win their last 2 games then they get to.hang the afc south champions banner. Even though I agree we will get beaten handily in a playoff game right now winning your division still menas something. So it's just plain dumb to say these are meaningless games. And as bad as trevor has played the last few weeks he still gives us a much better shot at winning than CJ.
I disagree he gives us a better chance to win. Right now he is turning the ball over and often putting the defense in a bad spot. He needs time to heal and get mentally right.

While I think there are certainly some physical limitations, I think its mostly mental right now. Needs a good offseason of coaching to get his head right. Clearly that works for the likes of Baker Mayfield.

Ride or die [BLEEP]

(12-25-2023, 01:30 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(12-25-2023, 01:25 AM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: I disagree he gives us a better chance to win. Right now he is turning the ball over and often putting the defense in a bad spot. He needs time to heal and get mentally right.

While I think there are certainly some physical limitations, I think its mostly mental right now. Needs a good offseason of coaching to get his head right. Clearly that works for the likes of Baker Mayfield.

So does not playing with a laughably long list of injuries. https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/spor...071999002/

This season's a lost cause at this point anyway. There's no harm that'll come from letting Trevor sit a week and heal. Maybe he'll be better Week 18 or in the playoffs, if the team makes it. But continuing to run the kid into the ground, behind this line with what he's already dealing with, just for the chance to get embarrassed in the playoffs is silly. TLaw's a long-term investment; it's time for the team to start treating him like one lest they end up with Andrew Luck 2.0.
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

You don’t bench your franchise qb with 2 games left and in first place no matter how much panic. You go down blasting with the one you brought to the dance if you gotta go down.

Against CIN commented to my wife that TL’s throwing motion looked off. Same with CLE.
His mechanics sucked yesterday. He threw several balls 10 yards short of WR.
If he has a labrun injury he’ll be ready for training camp. I don’t think he plays again this year.
Not sure this team can beat CAR. TEN gets payback for losing to Jags last year and HOU wins the South.
But Ive been wrong on every replay review and every BS roughing the passer call this year. Was wrong on Ridley TD vs. CLE.
DP needs to call plays. 15 games and WRs don’t know the routes; [BLEEP].
Leaving QB in during an out of reach game is inexcusable. That’s on Pederson.

Nah let him keep playing like a below average QB so we can give him a very modest contract extention, just incase he turns it around.

If healthy enough to play then he should play. Has all off season to heal.

(12-25-2023, 12:06 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Trevor lovers will be coming for you.

This time I kinda agree. What will some meaningless wins get us? a worse draft position? is it a coincidence that he has been playing worse since he got injured? is he really healthy? this season is over anyway. He should heal.

The wins won't be "meaningless."  Winning the division, for the second year in a row, for the first time in team history, means a lot.  

But I agree, if he's not healthy enough to be better than Beathard, he shouldn't play.