Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I believe they should bench Lawrence next week

(12-26-2023, 01:19 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 12:47 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: The problem is the coaches are wrong whatever they do. They get told Lawrence can go so they play him and that was a mistake. If Beathard was out there making mistakes and we lost and then knew Lawrence could go but they rested him, the coaches would get killed for resting him for a game we needed.

They can't win whatever they do with this fanbase right now. The other option is always the right one.

Bingo. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. All is forgiven when you're winning games. This team is [BLEEP] no matter what they do at this point in the season. They have taken multiple hits now injury wise at vital positions on the team and we're expecting Lawrence to make magic out of lunch meat when he himself has been chewed up and spit out like lunch meat physically this year. 

It's taken it's toll and the Football Gods are here to collect on said toll. It'll be a miracle if they win these next two games and manage not to slip into an 8 - 9 finish this year. The uno reverse card being played on this team is cruel after finishing 9 - 8 last year, but, it does indeed happen in this sport. I also think there's genuine fear of losing your job in this league. 

Nobody wants to get benched and lose their job for any amount of time because anything is possible. Fortunes and fates have changed because of it. Everybody is looking to be the next Tom Brady when their Drew Bledsoe hits the ground. Coaches have to make decisions that benefit the team as a whole and the injured player in said question. Lawrence not surviving this season shouldn't be surprising to anybody. 

It was a genuine fear going into the off season and a few of us said we'll end up like the Bengals with Burrow if we don't improve the line play up front. Well, here we are now in week 15 with everything on the line and we're basically out of good hands to play. Bummer.

Great points as usual. We all feared Trevor getting hurt behind this line and it's a miracle it took so long and that he's played through them. He's hurting and trying and I respect the hell out of him for doing it and i think the main reasons are he wants to show he's a leader and he sees how many key players are out and doesn't want to add to that list.

I'm sure Doug thought that we could win a couple of these last 4, punch our playoff ticket and let Lawrence rest a game or two but its not worked out like that and no we need him to play through the pain. Dougs going to play the starters if he's told they can go, that's what any coach would do.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I believe they should bench Lawrence next week - by JagFan81 - 12-26-2023, 03:09 PM