Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tony Wiggins goes hard on Shad, Lawrence, Pederson, and the whole staff.

I've always enjoyed listening to T-Wigg and agree with much of what he says. Everyone makes mistakes when observing our teams and his recommendations regarding Josh Allen and J. Taylor were very wrong. Regarding this podcast, the following points stand out the most:

1. Trent Baalke ain't going nowhere. Sadly, I agree with this and we all need to be panicking that the immediate future of our player procurement will be determined by Baalke. It obviously takes a lot for Khan to fire coaches/top administrators that he has become fond of. Baalke clearly falls into the same category as Mike Caldwell and Gus Bradley. Keeping them around as long as he did was a giant slap in the face of our loyal fanbase and the same will be said about Baalke. As great as a businessman he has been, he is 180 degrees the opposite as an owner, He had no choice but to fire Meyer, but I don't see this happening with Baalke.

2. Totally agree about his comments on Pederson and Press Taylor. Pederson is as much to blame (or more) for the offense/play-calling as Taylor and there is no way he'd fire his long-time friend and confidante. We'd like to use Press as the scapegoat for what happened this season, but T-Wigg got this right.

3. Also agree with his take on Caldwell. He was the likely one to be the first scapegoat followed by his assistants and some offensive coaches. These firings will not help as long as Baalke is still the G.M.

4. Finally, his comments about Trevor Lawrence were interesting. No one can argue that he regressed terribly the 2nd half of this season. The reasons for this regression are not so simple, I'm afraid. How much did the combination of his injuries and horrible offensive line account for this regression? I'd say significantly, however he also made some inexcusable mistakes when turning the ball over as well as missing wide-open receivers. He should not have played against Tampa, but the blame for that goes to Pederson. Whether Trevor becomes the next Andrew Luck has yet to be determined, but the possibility of him never reaching his unlimited potential is now in doubt.

As loyal fans who have suffered now for over a decade and a half, what do we do? Some will give up hope and it's hard to blame them. I'm not yet at this point, but can't rule this out as things remain status quo at the top. There's only so much pain one can take!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tony Wiggins goes hard on Shad, Lawrence, Pederson, and the whole staff. - by jaglou53 - 01-10-2024, 12:10 PM