Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tony Wiggins goes hard on Shad, Lawrence, Pederson, and the whole staff.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 08:12 PM by OG-JAGFAN. Edited 1 time in total.)

For those who don't know he is a radio host that has covered the team for many years. This speech is a great listen. I agree with all of it and wonder if he will still have a job.

Calls out some truth on Lawrence too!

https://youtu.be/hMcm8qhg-bo?si=s0Ub5XxLlUYc0XZU

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

As much as I bag on Lawrence, I do think he will improve if we are competent enough to build the damn line. I don't have any idea if he can ever reach the expectations people had for him at one point but I certainly think he can get better.

I like Wiggins , but he reminds me of eeyore from Winnie the Pooh when he’s negative he’s sooooo negative

(01-09-2024, 08:21 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I like Wiggins , but he reminds me of eeyore from Winnie the Pooh when he’s negative he’s sooooo negative

I like him too but he says some crazy stuff.  He wanted to trade Allen and extend Jawaan Taylor lololol

I like t-wigg.
I haven't seen all his recent stuff but I know he's taken a negative turn on Lawrence.
Honestly - given the end to this season - everyone should be turning a skeptical eye toward Lawrence.
I have.

I still believe in the kid's chances of being a legit franchise QB that can make postseason runs, but I'm not blind to his mistakes.

I'm also not gonna be a complete fool and act like compiling 4 injuries and working behind the worst line in the league with basically zero run game since week 12 or 13 didn't also contribute to his struggle.

STILL - the kid [BLEEP] up some throws he damn well should have made. That's real. He has to learn when to quiet that hero-ball voice in his head and be smart with the football. He has not mastered that yet by a good margin.

I'm staying positive - but he has real work to do.
I hope some protection fixes come along and give him .3 seconds longer (in an actual pocket he can step into) to fix the "between the ears" stuff. He can do it.

(01-09-2024, 08:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I like t-wigg.
I haven't seen all his recent stuff but I know he's taken a negative turn on Lawrence.
Honestly - given the end to this season - everyone should be turning a skeptical eye toward Lawrence.
I have.

I still believe in the kid's chances of being a legit franchise QB that can make postseason runs, but I'm not blind to his mistakes.

I'm also not gonna be a complete fool and act like compiling 4 injuries and working behind the worst line in the league with basically zero run game since week 12 or 13 didn't also contribute to his struggle.

STILL - the kid [BLEEP] up some throws he damn well should have made. That's real. He has to learn when to quiet that hero-ball voice in his head and be smart with the football. He has not mastered that yet by a good margin.

I hope some protection fixes come along and give him .3 seconds longer (in an actual pocket he can step into) to fix the "between the ears" stuff. He can do it.
That is a fair take. The team around him was mediocre and so was he.  I believe the offense finished 17th overall.

The generational hype did him no favors. Tossing around Andrew Luck in the same sentence as Lawrence is laughable now.

He has generational talent but is not a generational player. In year 3 just too many missed throws, bad decisions, just not smart football.

He gets a mulligan due to the line but I am now really skeptical.

(01-09-2024, 10:35 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:
I have.

That is a fair take. The team around him was mediocre and so was he.  I believe the offense finished 17th overall.

The generational hype did him no favors. Tossing around Andrew Luck in the same sentence as Lawrence is laughable now.

He has generational talent but is not a generational player. In year 3 just too many missed throws, bad decisions, just not smart football.

13th

Andrew Luck comps aren't laughable to me - we've put him in the exact same horrible situation the clots put Luck in

(01-09-2024, 10:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 10:35 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: That is a fair take. The team around him was mediocre and so was he.  I believe the offense finished 17th overall.

13th

Andrew Luck comps aren't laughable to me - we've put him in the exact same horrible situation the clots put Luck in

Touché but I am talking from a pure player perspective. 

Luck was much more accurate, better pocket awareness, higher field IQ, just overall a fantastic player. If Luck had a good line he would of been a first ballot hall of famer. I cannot say that about Lawrence. He is a good Qb but not In Lucks league when Luck was in his prime. Just my opinion but I feel most would agree with me.

This title can be taken 2 ways

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 11:18 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

I think the hero ball will chill as he matures. He's still a dumb kid and the hero ball worked at Clemson. With that maturity, plus a half-way decent line and run game, I don't see why he can't be a top tier QB still.

(01-09-2024, 10:54 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 10:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: 13th

Luck was much more accurate, better pocket awareness, higher field IQ, just overall a fantastic player. If Luck had a good line he would of been a first ballot hall of famer. I cannot say that about Lawrence. He is a good Qb but not In Lucks league when Luck was in his prime. Just my opinion but I feel most would agree with me.

Trevor isn't in his prime. He's not even finished his rookie contract.

I have.

I can agree with this take 100%.

I don't think Trevor is a bust, but he's giving me a lot of pause and his play this year makes me want to hold off on the extension this off season unless it makes financial sense. He definitely shouldn't be setting the market.

The line absolutely needs to be a priority and I don't care about any of the other positions until the line is fixed. Draft lineman with every pick. I don't care. We need 3 new faces on the lines come week 1.

Also, fire Baalke. I can live with them keeping Press and Rauscher. But Baalke has to go.

Luck had accuracy issues of his own and played the same kind of hero ball Lawrence does. He had a tendency to throw high like Trevor. I don't think the comparisons are far off.

Luck was great. There's probably not too many people on this planet with a higher IQ than him in general. Dude is crazy smart. It's a shame he retired so early, because it was fun watching him play. Even though he was a damn clot.

Luck threw his share of picks and had a career completion percentage just over 60%.  Not to say he wasn’t a very good QB as he threw for a lot of yards and TDs as well, but he wasn’t as laser sharp as some make him out to be.  Accuracy did improve his final two seasons but he was already beat to hell by then.

They won a lot early in his career which contributes to his legacy and I think makes people forget his relatively low completion percentage in the early years.  Winning cures all.

Andrew Lucks first 3 years aren't much different stats wise than Trevor. 

Luck 

2012 54.1% comp, 4374 yards, 7.0 avg, 23 td, 18 int, sacked 41, 76.5 rating
2013 60.2% comp, 3822 yards, 6.7 avg, 23 td, 9 int, sacked 32, 87.0 rating
2014 61.7% comp, 4761 yards, 7.7 avg, 40 td, 16 int, sacked 27, 96.5 rating

Trevor

2021 59.6% comp, 3641 yards, 6.0 avg, 12 td, 17 int, sacked 32, 71.9 rating
2022 66.3% comp, 4113 yards, 7.0 avg, 25 td, 8 int, sacked 27, 95.2 rating
2023 65.6% comp, 4016 yards, 7.1 avg, 21 td, 14 int, sacked 35, 88.5 rating

Biggest difference is the TD's. Fix the redzone and the stats nearly mimic each other. Fix the Oline and I think Trevors stats start looking much much better. 

Sidenote: i don't think Luck was much more accurate than Trevor like you say. Only 1 year (his final) did Luck have a completion % better than Trevors last 2 years.
In Dougie I Trust!

Lawrence isn't in his prime yet. Lawrence was also a year younger when drafted and came to a legitmate "worst team in the League" not the "Playoff caliber clots who didn't have Manning and all out tanked for a season" team. We have time, the idea that either Pederson or Lawrence should be shown the door is ridiculous, people have lost their minds the last two days.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2024, 09:26 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

Imagine thinking your Quarterback is a bust after inheriting a 1 - 15 roster and then being sandbagged as a rookie with easily one of the worst ever coaches in NFL history. From a PR standpoint and how quickly he crashed and burned.

He's helped this franchise win 18 games over the last two seasons. He's already had at least four to six comeback victories going back to last year and he's really the least of my worries along with a wild play off victory. Can he get better? Without question, yes, hell yes!

But, so can the other [BLEEP] 50+ men on this roster folks, he can't do this [BLEEP] on his own. None of the greats could. You'd be [BLEEP] yourselves and falling back in it if you say otherwise because a history lesson on some of the all time great QB's, whether we're talking Montana, Brady, Elway, Manning, etc.

They played on complete football teams with dynamic players on defense, a competent offensive line around them and a [BLEEP] ground game. Period. It's ALWAYS been a common denominator on the best rosters in the NFL over the years. Tee Wigg is okay. I get it. He's sipped a little too much of Richard Sherman's kool-aid.

It's all good. I bet same time next year he'll be doing back pedals like A LOT of you and us around here locally and nationally. Lawrence is not the problem here in Jacksonville. We'll be alright. We just need to see this franchise and front office along with ownership start taking this [BLEEP] more seriously. They were way too laidback last year in the 2023 off season.

We'll know right off the bat starting in March if they're going to hang their hats on the team's struggles strictly on Caldwell's defensive staff and injuries on offense. If they do that? Then [BLEEP] them, let God sort them out and give them haircuts I guess.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-10-2024, 09:25 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Imagine thinking your Quarterback is a bust after inheriting a 1 - 15 roster and then being sandbagged as a rookie with easily one of the worst ever coaches in NFL history. From a PR standpoint and how quickly he crashed and burned.

He's helped this franchise win 18 games over the last two seasons. He's already had at least four to six comeback victories going back to last year and he's really the least of my worries along with a wild play off victory. Can he get better? Without question, yes, hell yes!

But, so can the other [BLEEP] 50+ men on this roster folks, he can't do this [BLEEP] on his own. None of the greats could. You'd be [BLEEP] yourselves and falling back in it if you say otherwise because a history lesson on some of the all time great QB's, whether we're talking Montana, Brady, Elway, Manning, etc.

They played on complete football teams with dynamic players on defense, a competent offensive line around them and a [BLEEP] ground game. Period. It's ALWAYS been a common denominator on the best rosters in the NFL over the years. Tee Wigg is okay. I get it. He's sipped a little too much of Richard Sherman's kool-aid.

It's all good. I bet same time next year he'll be doing back pedals like A LOT of you and us around here locally and nationally. Lawrence is not the problem here in Jacksonville. We'll be alright. We just need to see this franchise and front office along with ownership start taking this [BLEEP] more seriously. They were way too laidback last year in the 2023 off season.

We'll know right off the bat starting in March if they're going to hang their hats on the team's struggles strictly on Caldwell's defensive staff and injuries on offense. If they do that? Then [BLEEP] them, let God sort them out and give them haircuts I guess.

I agree with the bolded text.

I'm giving Lawrence some tough love with my comments in this thread. I'm still all about his future in Jax, but in year three I think he could be making some smarter decisions with the football than he did at times this year. 

The OL and the injuries were much bigger factors than his own errors IMO, but he straight up did some dumb [BLEEP] enough times to make me want to see him clean it up and call it out.

Just remember Caldrac's post here when CJB quietly unSTRIKEOUTs his signature next season and starts pretending this week's worth of posting doesn't exist.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2024, 10:14 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-10-2024, 09:25 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Imagine thinking your Quarterback is a bust after inheriting a 1 - 15 roster and then being sandbagged as a rookie with easily one of the worst ever coaches in NFL history. From a PR standpoint and how quickly he crashed and burned.

No chance in hell that's the case.  I'd bet my house the interior o-line gets addressed in a significant way this offseason, even if it means they draft straight need early in the draft. The seat has to be too warm for long term thinking from the GM unless Doug is secretly driving the ship there.

(01-10-2024, 10:13 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

No chance in hell that's the case.  I'd bet my house the interior o-line gets addressed in a significant way this offseason, even if it means they draft straight need early in the draft.  The seat has to be too warm for long term thinking from the GM unless Doug is secretly driving the ship there.

And with the 17th pick, in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select, Jeremiah Trotter Jr., Linebacker, Clemson
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."