Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Deserving of its own thread: Bribery

(02-04-2024, 03:55 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(02-03-2024, 08:58 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This has gone off the deep end but I'll play. 

Only the far, far right wants any kind of civil war and that's only if things go really sideways. I'm talking those who make moderate Libertarians look like they're left of center, or those who like the 'romance' of it. I've watched videos of some of the so-called militia groups in this country and they should be embarrassed. It's been a minute since I was active duty Army and I have more military bearing and discipline than these folks. I do believe there are militia groups who would absolutely cause problems and they would not be so easy to shut down in their own environment.

Anyone who doesn't believe there would be fractures in our military if domestic terrorists were their neighbors...you know nothing. In fact, if you haven't actually served you know nothing but that's a different conversation. Yes, we take an oath to defend the country against all enemies both foreign and domestic, but killing folks in the U.S. is very different than going to the Middle East or some other foreign country. There are folks who couldn't pull the trigger over there and you think they would do it here? 

If I were still AD and things went sideways and my unit was ordered to fire on Americans, unless there was credible intel that a group was a clear and present danger or an imminent threat, I would question it. Anyone who doesn't think this way shouldn't have a weapon and damn sure doesn't belong in the military. Orders that don't fit the above parameters shouldn't be followed. This is true for foreign and domestic situations. 

I'll also say this; I don't care how many people in your friends and family network have served in the military, if you haven't served you don't know [BLEEP]. I'm both a veteran and was married to a career soldier and even those two worlds are completely different. The spouses don't know a damn thing other than what their role is - support. 

This was especially true during 9/11 when everything hit the fan. We were in Germany and I was married to an MP SSG and his unit had very specific orders. The spouses had to bring certain things to our soldiers and there was a possibility that we wouldn't be able to to leave post to go back home due to the threat condition. I packed a go bag and my husband's stuff and was fully prepared to stay while the other wives were saying the Army couldn't tell them what to do and they'll do what they want. That might be true here in the U.S. but not in a foreign country. 

My point is, these women lived and breathed the Army because of their husbands' jobs and they didn't know [BLEEP] so don't say you know something just because your whole family served. Mine did too and I didn't know [BLEEP] until I served.

So when former and current members of special ops from two different branches say they would never fire on Americans it means nothing because I personally didn't serve? That makes no sense.

If I cared to find it I could direct you to your own reply to someone else, I believe it was Mikesez, saying you know something because your whole family served. 

My point was you personally know nothing about the military, its people or how it works if you never served. What someone tells you they would do in a given situation is not the same. If you're married and have a kid did you personally experience labor and delivery just because you happened to be there to support your wife? No, you didn't. 

I never deployed for OIF/OEF so while I know what it is to have served I haven't the slightest idea of what it was like to deploy to those regions. I only know what my now ex husband told me and the aftermath of his deployment.

Messages In This Thread
copycat - by copycat - 01-27-2024, 09:17 PM
RE: copycat - by mikesez - 01-27-2024, 09:29 PM
RE: copycat - by The Real Marty - 01-28-2024, 07:53 AM
copycat - by copycat - 01-28-2024, 09:09 AM
RE: copycat - by mikesez - 01-28-2024, 02:50 PM
RE: copycat - by flsprtsgod - 01-28-2024, 06:33 PM
RE: copycat - by The Real Marty - 01-28-2024, 09:22 AM
RE: copycat - by Lucky2Last - 01-28-2024, 10:55 AM
RE: copycat - by The Real Marty - 01-28-2024, 02:07 PM
copycat - by copycat - 01-28-2024, 03:06 PM
RE: copycat - by americus 2.0 - 01-28-2024, 06:47 PM
RE: Deserving of its own thread: Bribery - by americus 2.0 - 02-04-2024, 11:26 PM