Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
UPS Fires 250 Workers For Participating In Protest

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2014, 05:36 PM by Ringo.)

Quote:I don't fault anyone for trying to take a stand on a job. I also don't fault anyone for applying for said vacancy. They made a play it didn't work out, they hold no right to take that job hostage.

My Grandmother had to cross picket lines when she first came here from Canada, she didn't have the ability to walk away during a strike. My dad remembers her coming home with broken windows in the car and stains on her clothes from ink they threw at her.

When it goes from "taking a stand together for better ____ " to intimidation and violence against others that are just going to work, you stop being a union and become a group of useless thugs.
She HAD to cross a picket line? What she also did was weaken the bargaining chip the workers had. But before I assume too much, I just don't know why she HAD to cross and not have ability to walk away? Canada has more favorable labor laws and unions are fairly common in many areas. Not knowing what crossing a picket line could mean was naive. I don't condone the violence, but what alternatives are there? Boo? Hiss?

Just going to work? Didn't the strikers work there too? Her co workers? Friends? Did they not lean on each other? Depend on one another?

Just wondering.

You say you don't fault them for filling said vacancies. They are not vacancies, until there's a final resolution. Crossing a picket line is not filling a vacancy.

Remember replacement refs? Players?
Blakes Life Matters

Messages In This Thread
UPS Fires 250 Workers For Participating In Protest - by Ringo - 04-08-2014, 05:31 PM
UPS Fires 250 Workers For Participating In Protest - by Guest - 04-09-2014, 10:46 AM