Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
UPS Fires 250 Workers For Participating In Protest

Quote:Meanwhile, my bills are paid and my family isn't going to go hungry because of my insubordination..
Yet. Since you only worry about yourself, dont be surprised when theres no one there for you when it happens. But thats fine for you obviously, so thats all that matters, whats fine for you. 

Some here remind me of that scene in Animal House...Thank You Sir, May I have another.

Another note..if the company violated the discharged employees rights, and did not go through proper protocol, there may not have been any insubordination. Just a bunch of guys sticking up for each other. I know of labor contracts where the company can fire a job steward without a meeting with the local union. IF they did so without doing this and IF thats in their rules, it can lead to action taken by the workers. So before anyone jumps to conclusions and gets in line for new available jobs, perhaps get a grip on the situation.

Some see it as insubordination and deserve to be fired; others see it as taking a stand and circling the wagons. There are individuals and then there are team players. The NAVY SEALS preach team and they are what I can respect. They do for one another. On the other side, a suicide bomber is an individual. Both can get the same results, however. Some prefer golf, as being only worried about yourself; others prefer the values of team play and rely on each other, like football.

Preferences and priorities. Everyone has them.

Blakes Life Matters

Messages In This Thread
UPS Fires 250 Workers For Participating In Protest - by Ringo - 04-09-2014, 10:35 AM
UPS Fires 250 Workers For Participating In Protest - by Guest - 04-09-2014, 10:46 AM