Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New York Giants hire David Tyree who is against Gay Marriage

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2014, 06:42 AM by jtmoney.)

Quote:He can be the biggest racist in the room, so long as he employs the most qualified person available, I don't care what he believes.

I think most of us would be surprised what many people secretly think. 

Either way, it may just be me but I don't see the correlation between being racist and opposing homosexuality. While it can't be true for everyone, those that tend to be racist seem to base their opinions in hate (from my experiences). I've met so many people that just disagree with homosexuality but genuinely don't hate them. It's far more common than LGBT community would like to accept. 

JagnNGeorgia, I didn't mean how he secretly felt.  He is open about his feelings in this case.  I was referring to an open racist and someone who was against black people having the same rights as white people.  Are we okay with that?  I'm just saying where is the line to how you openly feel in public and how that can effect your job?  I'm really asking, not trying to make a point.

There definitely is a correlation.  They aren't the same, no, but many similarities.  There are a lot of people who use hate speech against homosexuality.  A LOT.  There are also varying degrees for both.  Both groups had to fight for equal rights (again different, but some similarities).  You may have forgotten how much progress the LGBT community has made.  I remember going to school and the word "fa*" word was prevalent.  Being gay when I was in High School is completely different then being gay in High School today (and that was just 12 years ago).  A  lot of progress has been made just like a lot of progress has been made for the black population, but we still have a ways to go.

Messages In This Thread
New York Giants hire David Tyree who is against Gay Marriage - by jtmoney - 07-25-2014, 06:40 AM