Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New York Giants hire David Tyree who is against Gay Marriage

He will be Director of Player Development

Link Inside

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/...avid-tyree

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2014, 02:26 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Good for the Giants. 

They are exercising their right to hire who they damn well please. :thumbsup:

Obviously its not going to be popular with a certain group, but too friggin bad. 

Its funny how its almost as if David Tyree isn't "allowed" to be against gay marriage. 

Who cares if he is against gay marriage? 

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

I didn't realize an opinion on gay marriage is a prerequisite for a job in the NFL.  Since when?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Devils advocate.. Could create conflict if a Giants player just happened to be gay and knows the guy responsible for developing him has a stated problem with who he is.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Good for the Giants. 

They are exercising their right to hire who they damn well please. :thumbsup:

Obviously its not going to be popular with a certain group, but too friggin bad. 

Its funny how its almost as if David Tyree isn't "allowed" to be against gay marriage. 

I agree.

I will give him about 3 months before he has to tote the Big Blue company line.

Quote:Who cares if he is against gay marriage? 

People who are Giants fans who support Gay marriage care, hence the "outrage".

Quote:I didn't realize an opinion on gay marriage is a prerequisite for a job in the NFL.  Since when?

It's being dug up to trash the Giants for their hire.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

"Since he doesn't have the same opinion as me, he should never be allowed to work again."

Lol @ rights groups. 

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Devils advocate.. Could create conflict if a Giants player just happened to be gay and knows the guy responsible for developing him has a stated problem with who he is.

My dad actually sent me a link to an NY Times piece, featuring Tyree "cleansing Gay people", in other words turning them from Gay,back to straight, and how he had scientific proof some people are not born gay. 

Quote:My dad actually sent me a link to an NY Times piece, featuring Tyree "cleansing Gay people", in other words turning them from Gay,back to straight, and how he had scientific proof some people are not born gay.

That's more than a disagreeing opinion. That's being a straight up moron.

Quote:My dad actually sent me a link to an NY Times piece, featuring Tyree "cleansing Gay people", in other words turning them from Gay,back to straight, and how he had scientific proof some people are not born gay. 
If true, it straddles the line between having an opinion and being an ignorant...ummm...punk, but it still doesn't answer the question of why holding an unpopular opinion would disqualify someone from holding a job within a private organization.

Quote:That's more than a disagreeing opinion. That's being a straight up moron.

Hey, this is America - where you have the right to be a moron. And get hired!

Seriously, the only issue is if someone can keep their personal views apart from their decision making. That's a real concern. But until it's shown that Tyree isn't acting on his moronic beliefs he should be allowed to do whatever it is a Director of Player Development does. 

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2014, 10:42 PM by Kotite.)

HR nightmare waiting to happen. Asking someone that outspoken on homosexuality to bite his tongue is incredibly risky. All it takes is one incident where he says something deemed offensive (and yes, his truly stupid statements about how he believes gay people can be turned straight could qualify) to a gay player/employee or straight ally a la Kluwe and the G men will have a potential lawsuit on their hands.

Quote:HR nightmare waiting to happen. Asking someone that outspoken on homosexuality to bite his tongue is incredibly risky. All it takes is one incident where he says something deemed offensive (and yes, his truly stupid statements about how he believes gay people can be turned straight could qualify) to a gay player/employee or straight ally a la Kluwe and the G men will have a potential lawsuit on their hands.

C'mon, that's overstating things.

He can say stupid things to others. Don't you hear stupid things from fellow employees all the time? He'll only expose himself as being stupid, but it won't lead to a lawsuit.

He just can't act on his stupid thoughts. That will get him fired.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Good Luck to him, I have a feeling he will have alot of interesting conversations and comments made about him.

I just hate when these NFL teams hire people based solely on football knowledge and not where they stand on political debates, do the giants not understand that there is a direct correlation against being against gay marriage and a lack of evaluating talent.

To a gay person it isn't a political debate. It's their life. Which has been politicized. And those like Tyree don't have to like it, but they are on the wrong side of history. And I assure you if Tyree were dumb enough to engage someone gay and talk about how he could "fix" them, the Giants would be sued. If I were the owner, I would say the risk outweighs the reward. ..but I'm not. Good luck with that NY.

People have a right to believe whatever stupid things they want.

They just have to accept that the workplace is not the place for political or religious debate, and definitely not the place for prejudice.

Quote:HR nightmare waiting to happen. Asking someone that outspoken on homosexuality to bite his tongue is incredibly risky. All it takes is one incident where he says something deemed offensive (and yes, his truly stupid statements about how he believes gay people can be turned straight could qualify) to a gay player/employee or straight ally a la Kluwe and the G men will have a potential lawsuit on their hands.

Just playing devils advocate, but shouldn't it be the same way for someone who feels the opposite?  There are a lot of outspoken players for gay marriage, but nobody worries if they are offending anyone.

Quote:People have a right to believe whatever stupid things they want.

They just have to accept that the workplace is not the place for political or religious debate, and definitely not the place for prejudice.

Pretty much this.  It is okay to disagree, but you still need to be respectful and that goes for both sides.

Quote:To a gay person it isn't a political debate. It's their life. Which has been politicized. And those like Tyree don't have to like it, but they are on the wrong side of history. And I assure you if Tyree were dumb enough to engage someone gay and talk about how he could "fix" them, the Giants would be sued. If I were the owner, I would say the risk outweighs the reward. ..but I'm not. Good luck with that NY.

Every political debate is going to affect Atleast one persons life, doesn't make it any less a political debate.

Now I'm pro gay marriage and believe it should of happened a lot sooner, however he's entitled to his opinion.

And how is not giving someone a job because anti gay marriage any different to not giving someone a job because he's gay? Or a different colour? Or religion?

It always makes me laugh with stuff like this when for years people have said you can't 'single out' gay couples against marriage. And when they get it all they want to do is single out people who are opposed to it, replacing one form of discrimination with another.

/rant over