Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New York Giants hire David Tyree who is against Gay Marriage

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2014, 01:21 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:It's a worthless argument and along the same line of arguments that were used to attempt to prop up anti-interracial marriage laws 50 years ago.

http://youtu.be/A8JsRx2lois

Quote:People really will try any scare tactics won't they? Since when was pedophilia specifically a man on boy thing? I can imagine there are a fair few dirty old men who would quite like to see the age of consent lowered for girls too, does this mean we should ban hetrosexual marriage? Of course not, that would be freaking ridiculous.

Quote:Wow! What a perfect example of 1955 thought. You were clearly born out of your time. Oklahomie is exactly right. You are using, practically word for word, the same arguments that were used by the segregationists in the '50s. Do you know where this may lead! Obviously the republic has fallen and it's all due to "those people".

I have no doubt you truly believe this. You're not alone. Thankfully most (not all) who agree with you are elderly, bitter people who bemoan the fact that the world has changed. But they are dying off and their political influence is diminishing daily.

I'm pretty conservative politically and libertarian by nature socially. But this is about human rights. Conservatives in the past have been in the forefront of protecting freedom and the right to be who you are and what you are. And the backwards thoughts of people worried about  "what this could evolve into" (they may start marrying each other!) isn't going to turn back the clock to 1955.

I don't consider the two subjects equals as the liberals are so badly trying to make it out to be. 

IMO, sexual preferences/ perversions are a different entity than being born a certain race or a certain gender. 

You can act like what I said in post 59 as folly, but I think theres a lot of sense there. Do you honestly think that once this whole gay movement becomes "normal" that there won't then start to be a need for more perverse ways to satisfy these people sexually?? Over time/ generations it will evolve into the next thing and so on. It just doesn't stay "status quo". It will start out with a "fringe" again, and then that fringe will demand equality until (incest/ polygamy/ pedophilia/ [BAD WORD REMOVED]) or whatever their fancy at that point becomes "normal". 

Messages In This Thread
New York Giants hire David Tyree who is against Gay Marriage - by The Mad Dog - 07-25-2014, 01:13 PM