Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New York Giants hire David Tyree who is against Gay Marriage

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2014, 07:13 PM by The Mad Dog.)

I'm seeing myself kinda get too much into the argument/ re: getting sucked up into arguing against individual posters to where I am losing my original focus. 

I have no issue with homosexuals and equality. I do not believe they should be discriminated against. A person should never lose their job because they're gay, and that should not be any determining factor in one person getting employment either way. 

They deserve any right that I would have as a straight person. 

That said, I do have my beliefs. I am pro traditional marriage. I doubt this part will ever change. Its how I was raised. Its what I believe in. One CAN hold this belief and should not be branded a hater/ homophobe.  

I think I should be allowed that right to believe in what I choose to believe in and be entitled the same respect for my opinions/ beliefs that liberals are asking for on their side of this issue. If you are so damn hung up on tolerance well, guess what - its not a one way street, its a two way street. I rarely see tolerance the other way in recent years. Again, just my perspective. 

At the present time I have opinions as to where I think the future (as in generations, not next week or next year...) could be headed and stated those opinions. That doesn't mean that I think current homosexuals are any of those things despite a few posters begging to morph the 2 (and it ALSO doesn't mean that straight people can't also fall prey into those things), I just know that human nature doesn't sit still, it progresses. My opinions on this part are based on evolutionary principles and humans wanting more and more. Could my opinion change over time as more information becomes gained? Sure. Thats how it always should be. I think you can be a person of principle while also maintaining an open mind. 

I'm not going to discuss this in this thread any further. 

Messages In This Thread
New York Giants hire David Tyree who is against Gay Marriage - by The Mad Dog - 07-27-2014, 06:44 PM