Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles Developing Faster than anticipated?

Quote:You really don't get it at all, if all you think it's about is "just because."

Caldrac nailed it.

It has absolutely nothing to do with who you think is better.

He's simply not consistent as they'd like him to be yet.  Only when he gets there, will it even become a talking point.  But it hasn't even gotten to that point yet, and the plan is still for next year.  Sorry if that disappoints you, but that's the situation.

And Henne is as consistent as they'd like him? This notion that the best way to develop a player is by not allowing him to play the game in which we are trying to develop him in is, to me, ridiculous. Sure, he can work on his footwork and all that on a weekly basis to make his mechanics more consistent, but I don't get this myth that actually playing and developing is not possible. How does he become more consistent by holding a clip board on Sundays? And even more importantly, how does it make sense to sit him when he already gives the team the best chance to win?

All I'm saying is, if he markedly outperforms Henne in the preseason, I don't see why he shouldn't be starting. If he doesn't, sure, sit him until he's the better player. But if Friday was any indication, it won't be long at all until he's obviously the better player.

Messages In This Thread
Bortles Developing Faster than anticipated? - by DavidzPimpSuit - 08-10-2014, 01:45 PM