Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Video of Ray Rice hitting then fiance now wife Janay Parker released.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2014, 07:27 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

Quote:As a person working on my masters in psychology it find it very interesting that people are diagnosing her with some type of mental disorder and have no type of medical back ground what so ever. It's like no one can even remotely think that this was an isolated situation between two adults and he is remorseful of it and she is deciding to be in this relationship on her own. It is very interesting how or society has turned into a society of psychoanalyst. But that's neither here nor their. 

I have huge sympathy towards this woman and honestly feel Ray needs to face the music. The point I am making that continues to get buried is that he was given a suspension from what we already knew. This is the media pushing this down our throats and demanding this man be removed from the NFL. I'm not certain how anyone who has followed this story did not know he hit her in the elevator. This may be new to some people now who never was aware of this but to any person that followed this knew what happened. 

Also attacks on peoples character is not needed when they disagree with you to the other poster. The fact that I do not like how this is being played out in the media is in no way shape or form a indicator to my character or anyone else's. That is very classless of anyone to use that in their argument against a person who has a disagreement with your opinion. Please do not insinuate my character good or bad. You do not know me and this is a place for open forum. 

Thanks

I dont have a degree in Psychology, but I know plenty of female family members and female friends who have been effected both physically and mentally from domestic violence whether the instance was one time, or occurred multiple times in a, or multiple relationships.  For you to say or even insinuate people are "self-diagnosing" Janay Rice without a medical background is a direct insult to those including myself who has been indirectly effected by Domestic violence is a direct insult and even a slap in the face. I can only speak from experience what I saw my effected friends and family went through to parallel those experiences and feelings with Janay Rice's actions. 

In regards to the suspension, as we speak more light is being shed on whether or not the NFL and Roger Goodell already saw the full video and then decided to suspend Rice just 2 games. As I said earlier in this thread I believe Rice deserves a second change, but he should be BANNED from playing football period. 

I can only speak for myself, but when the incident first happened, and the public only saw a portion of the video which showed Rice, dragging his wife from the elevator, I couldnt draw the conclusion the Ray himself directly hit her. It could have been someone else in that elevator at the time if the incident who never may have gotten out. That's why I think IMO the public is really outraged. Yeah, he said he hit her, apologized, etc, but there was never the full video of him hitting her that surfaced until now. 

I never attacked, or assassinated your character. I clearly disagree with your viewpoint, and I dont know you.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Messages In This Thread
Video of Ray Rice hitting then fiance now wife Janay Parker released. - by Jamies_fried_chicken - 09-10-2014, 07:26 PM