Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
O-Line Personnel May Not Change (according to O'Halloran)

Quote:I'm okay with Pasztor sticking around as the starting RT provided he focuses this offseason on getting stronger so he can stay healthy. Linder seems to be progressing just fine. As for Bowanko, he gets a lot of love but I still have questions and can see his position being upgraded. Really the area that needs the most work is the left side with Joekel and Beadles. I don't see us changing either starter next year, but these two have to start playing together at a far higher level.

see i love bowanko. 

He is fantastic at getting to the second level and a number of our big runs including the robinson td in london was because bowanko has chipped blocked his man and has got up on the linebacker to open up the gap. I haven't seen him beaten badly in pass pro though I am sure he has been however it certainly hasn't been noticeable to me

Alot of what bowanko needs to learn is similar to bortles, he needs to learn protections and that will come with time and experience with the nfl. Added a good centre qb bond is always useful and that trust comes through time

From a physical side I think his main focus on this off season is quite simply getting stronger. He clears linebackers well however he needs to bulk up to allow him to clear 300 pounders at the point of attack which I feel is his main weakness.

I think he is upgradable if you get the opportunity to sing alex mack but realistically I think it is far better to give him time to develop as though he may never be a mack i think he could compare to matt kalil or wisniewski (the oakland centre) who are both considered solid in the nfl

At the very least i feel (like pasztor last year) his play deserves another year to keep improving

Messages In This Thread
O-Line Personnel May Not Change (according to O'Halloran) - by ukjag34 - 12-10-2014, 07:03 AM