Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The problem with firing an offensive coordinator

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2014, 09:13 PM by The_Anchorman.)

What's to be said that hasn't been said before.  I think we all know where everyone stands.  The line has been drawn.  Let's try to be civil and not take it out on eachother.

With that said...  We're 31st in TDs when in the red zone.  I've mentioned this yesterday, but I think it's important to let that sink in.  The red zone, where scheme and playcalling is as important as players and execution.  We are 31st in the percentage of times we make it into the endzone.  There's only 1 sucky team worse at scoring in the red zone than we are.  There's something to be said about that.  

Basically, even when we manage to get within the 20, meaning that we got something going enough to get that far, we can't punch it in.  I think red zone offense is heavy on coaching.  More so than before getting into the end zone.  And we are 30th in the league.  

Yes our o-line stinks and our players are/were rookies.  That can account for the problems from our 1 yard line to the opponent's 21 yard line.  But once we managed to get into the red zone, that's when coaching really kicks in, in my belief.  And guess what, we don't have the staff that can get us over that hump.

Oh and FYI, this is not Fish's rookie coaching season.  He was our OC last year as well.  

2014 Redzone TD % =  40.6

2013 Redzone TD % =  43.9

So what was our excuse last year?  Henne/Gabbert?  Or is it possible that this OC doesn't have the chops to get us where we want to go?

It's just not good enough

Messages In This Thread
The problem with firing an offensive coordinator - by The_Anchorman - 12-29-2014, 09:11 PM