Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
After One Season, Bucky Brooks Rates the Jaguars...

Quote:I agree with everything that you posted above and I'd like to add a little perspective to what you are stating:

• If Bortles, Hurns, Lee, and Robinson all develop as you hope, then you are describing probably 75% or more of the production of the Jacksonville passing game for the next seven seasons.
  • If Linder and Bowanko develop as you hope, then you are describing 40% of the Offensive Line for the next seven seasons.
  • If Colvin and Smith develop as you hope, then you are talking about maybe 30% of the Jacksonville Pass Defense for the next seven seasons.

Any one of those is a good haul for an entire draft. To have all of that in one is an enormous boon for the franchise. This, if nothing else, is reason to be excited about the future.
The first bullet point above is why I do not fully understand the desire to add another WR to the mix.

While it is true none of the WRs put up all pro type numbers at the position last year, all showed considerable promise in their rookie seasons with the team.  None of them put up performances that led many to wonder why the team drafted them.  Just compare each of their numbers to the first year numbers of Soward, Reggie Williams and Matt Jones. 

Whatever kind of WR you might want for the team is represented in this group of three as a general rule.

Lee represents the field stretching deep threat.

Robinson represents the big, physical, in route or slant running WR that moves the chains.

Hurns can also get deep, but is also good in intermediate routes.

They just need time to develop.  I think bringing in another receiver, especially using a high pick or a huge FA contract to do so, would be a mistake to a certain degree, even if I like the players brought in.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Messages In This Thread
After One Season, Bucky Brooks Rates the Jaguars... - by Guest - 02-11-2015, 06:16 AM
After One Season, Bucky Brooks Rates the Jaguars... - by Bullseye - 02-12-2015, 11:43 AM