Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
After One Season, Bucky Brooks Rates the Jaguars...

as the best draft in the division in 2014.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0ap3000...stands-out

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Jaguars easily had the best draft in the division and one of the better drafts in recent memory, especially if Blake pans out. They got all pro level play from Telvin Smith (as the year progressed) and Brandon Linder, Robinson (when healthy) and Hurns were two of the most productive rookie receivers and Marqise Lee flashed rare playmaking ability, Lee's ability to stop on a dime and accelerate to full speed almost immediately is RARE, Aaron Colvin was a lockdown corner in his limited action, truly impressive work by David Caldwell. It was a deep draft and the Jaguars took advantage of it, kudos to our front office.

I suspect there has been little doubt in most fans minds that we had the best draft this past season. The thing is though is that we've had to start our rebuild from nearly zero while most teams had at least some semblance of a team already going for 'em! So while we did have a good draft, we still have a whole lot of holes to fill, not to mention that we still don't know yet how well all our past draft picks are going to work out. 

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2015, 02:31 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Not according to some posters, who say Gus havent developed any young players 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

This gives me hope. Maybe this year we still only reach 6-8 games but i see this team being able to compete for more 2016 and beyond. Just think aout another one of these drafts with a few premium free agents and improvement from previous players. I see a contender in the making. 

Lets not forget about Luke Bowanko and Chris Smith. For rookies, they showed potential when given the opportunity. 

Shock the world

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2015, 03:49 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

This is exactly the same thing I posted in the AFC South forum andf I got no replies despite over 90 views.  Wallbash

Why do posters always reply to another person's thread but not mine? I will only comment on this article in my thread because I posted it first.

JW, please stop hijacking threads with your antics.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:This is exactly the same thing I posted in the AFC South forum andf I got no replies despite over 90 views.  Wallbash

Why do posters always reply to another person's thread but not mine? I will only comment on this article in my thread because I posted it first.
Did you need a Kleenex?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Did you need a Kleenex?

I just need a reason 92 people read my thread and did not answer it, but 5 people replied to one that was created by someone else. That looks like people don't want to post in my threads just because I am the one who starts them.

Quote:This is exactly the same thing I posted in the AFC South forum andf I got no replies despite over 90 views.  Wallbash

Location, location, location.......

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2015, 04:20 PM by Deacon.)

... or...

They do not want to be involved in a discussion ran prominently by the OP. Threads are more than just about the information, but also about the discussion that occurs. Sometimes people just don't want to talk to you. Something I know lots about.

But now I'm done feeling sorry for myself and I want to talk about this draft class. If Bortles becomes even a passable QB who can stay with the team through a second contract, I feel like this will easily become the best Jacksonville draft in team history.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

This is my thread: http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...ie-review/

I really don't like hijacking threads, but can't focus on the topic until someone explains why this thread exists and got replies.

Quote:Location, location, location.......

92 people saw it in the other forum so that is not the reason.

Ok

Quote:92 people saw it in the other forum so that is not the reason.
First off, more people visit this forum than any other. Secondly, I believe Sir Deacon may have hit the nail squarely on it's little round head.....

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:I just need a reason 92 people read my thread and did not answer it, but 5 people replied to one that was created by someone else. That looks like people don't want to post in my threads just because I am the one who starts them.
hahah "BUT I STARTED IT FIRST! Waaaaaaaaaaah."

Quote:92 people saw it in the other forum so that is not the reason.
Well, over 290 people have viewed this one and it's only received a hanful of responses, so the averages are about the same. Realize that the main Jags page gets more attention that the AFC South section. Don't get your feelings hurt about this type of thing. You can't demand that people provide conversation on a topic unless they want to. You're inviting people to poke fun of you right now because you are being a little over the top with something insiginificant.

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2015, 04:28 PM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:This is my

I really don't like hijacking threads, but can't focus on the topic until someone explains why this thread exists and got replies.

JW how many times a day do you sign in and out of your JW, Swaguars, StroudCrowd1, and Junglecat memberships?

Quote:Well, over 290 people have viewed this one and it's only received a hanful of responses, so the averages are about the same. Realize that the main Jags page gets more attention that the AFC South section. Don't get your feelings hurt about this type of thing. You can't demand that people provide conversation on a topic unless they want to. You're inviting people to poke fun of you right now because you are being a little over the top with something insiginificant.

So if I start a thread in this forum and people ignore it anyway, people just don't like me. I will try that. Now let's get back to the best draft class in 2014.