Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Talent Lacking or talent Unproven?

Quote:Beadles plays LG; Linder plays RG. Is Pasztor still banged up or is he participating in the conditioning program with the rest of the team?

Somehow I get the feeling Gerhart isn't in the team's long-term plans. Perhaps Oley pulled Gus aside on his first day in the building: "Gus, I know Dave invested heavily in this guy, so we can't cut him in training cap." Gus: "I hear ya - what kind of role do you see for Slowby 'cos water boy is already taken." Oley: "I was thinking a special role - we'll call it S-back (code for plays sparingly)." Gus: Nods head, before heading to his daily self-affirmation watching Stuart Smalley tapes. 
Yeah. Just a mental slip on the guard positions there. Meant LG. 

Pasztor is likely in the building for conditioning - but to expect him to be 100% week one is probably a stretch.

I was watching some old stuff the other day looking for some Denard gifs to grab and he clearly re-injured the broken hand after a few games back - before eventually tearing his hamstring a few weeks later.  Hopefully he's not forced into duty.

Regardless - I don't feel even slightly weird stating there's little depth behind this unproven O-line. 

The Toby conundrum is an issue.  I expect that the actual staff of this team feels  much more confident in his ability to contribute than anyone calling him cute nicknames on this board.  Remember Olie tried  repeatedly to insert an obviously slowed-down MJD into the line-up in Oakland. So -  I doubt he's nearly as down on Gerhart as you seem to believe. Still - it's clear Gehart will desperately need to show something to earn his place in a committee approach.

Personally - I think that we'll see a Denard/Toby committee approach - with the possibility of B.Pierce or Storm - or a Mid-round Rookie fighting for snaps. Any of which is a real possibility. 

I also think that the above approach could easily be a solid mid-tier rushing attack behind a moderately improved line.  We'll see if Marrone/Olson can make that happen. 

Messages In This Thread
Talent Lacking or talent Unproven? - by Bpagz01 - 04-22-2015, 12:32 PM
Talent Lacking or talent Unproven? - by FBT - 04-22-2015, 01:27 PM
Talent Lacking or talent Unproven? - by NCJag - 04-22-2015, 01:31 PM
Talent Lacking or talent Unproven? - by jagherd - 04-22-2015, 01:31 PM
Talent Lacking or talent Unproven? - by NYC4jags - 04-22-2015, 01:39 PM
Talent Lacking or talent Unproven? - by Monty - 04-22-2015, 01:42 PM
Talent Lacking or talent Unproven? - by Deacon - 04-22-2015, 02:34 PM
Talent Lacking or talent Unproven? - by NYC4jags - 04-22-2015, 02:58 PM
Talent Lacking or talent Unproven? - by D6 - 04-22-2015, 03:12 PM
Talent Lacking or talent Unproven? - by jaxfan - 04-22-2015, 03:13 PM
Talent Lacking or talent Unproven? - by muddylips - 04-22-2015, 03:55 PM