Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Detailed Midseason Breakdown of Dave Caldwell's Major Moves

Quote:Although I don't agree with all the points I still found this topic to be a great read.  The OP presented a well laid out and factually supported position.

The rookie safeties have shown flashes and but have also been particularly prone to taking poor angles in pursuit.  I'll reserve judgment on them until we have more talent among the front 7.

I was hoping Cox was retained but all I hear is how much of a disappointment he has been in San Diego.  I also didn't have high hopes for Ball but he's made some plays and been far from the weakest link.  I'll give this to the management.

It's pretty much the same thing for Will T.  Sure, he doesn't match the offensive skillset of Greg Jones but it looks like he does what exactly what a fullback needs to do.  Considering the mess of the interior O-Line I really think Will is the type of player we need now.  I figure he will probably be replaced after the O-Line is revamped (possibly even by Pryor who is still on the PS).

Geno Hayes has pretty much been as expected - he is no Daryl Smith and is nothing more than a filler.

Roy Miller is the only major disappointment.  Unless something major happens the second half of the season Miller will be downgraded from a disappointment to a Caldwell whiff.

All in all, I don't see a record difference with Jones, Knighton, and Smith.  I just cant see how those three players would be enough to overturn 8 10+ point losses.
Thank you for looking at the topic in an unbiased way. Not everyone has to, or should agree with some of the more opinionated things I have said, but I tried to back it up with facts about contracts and performance when possible.

Messages In This Thread
Detailed Midseason Breakdown of Dave Caldwell's Major Moves - by mattsurf1700 - 11-07-2013, 05:23 PM