Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
GRATZ In TOP 10 CORNERBACKS PFF RUN DEFENSE RATING

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2015, 12:26 AM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:The hate is well justified. I took to having to defend McCray at one point vs NFL fans that refused to believe the Jaguars has anything in the way of decent CBs. They took to showing me film of WR and WR burning and abusing Jaguars CBs, only what I was quick to point out was that the culprit in virtually all of those plays was not McCray...it was Gratz.

I felt great at the time knowing Gratz was merely our dime CB especially since he can tackle in the run game well, but hearing about Gratz being our outside CB in the nickel makes me a tad uneasy. I'm trusting Gus really sees something in Gratz where he's turned the corner and is simply much better. In part I think its just a hunch of his and he's doing this mostly to get a better look at where Gratz is right now. I feel it's only a matter of time until McCray is back in the outside nickel role, but we shall see.

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">What do you think is the likelyhood that the defensive philosphy of playing one CB off the LOS and going in reverse at the snap is a scheme they wish to continue?

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);"> 

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">I know that might sound stupid...  But, I'm just trying to rationalize why Gratz would be the outside corner on nickle situations...  If they feel that they press 3/4 of the field, while allowing Gratz to play off the LOS as a scheme---knowing the safety up top will help Gratz, it would allow Gratz to focus on the run help knowing that instead of focusing on the WR, he's looking into the backfield to help support the run...

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">That to me, is the only reason why Gratz would be the CB in nickel packages...  He's run support and not concerned too much with coverage...  

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Again, this is me not having the benefit of the doubt in regards to how well he's improved in coverage during this off-season and pre-season.   Maybe he's gotten really good at press coverage as well.  I hope that is it.  But I think there's also a chance that the coaches see Gratz's strengths as something to help shore up a weak run D that we witnessed during the pre-season...

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Man...   I just can't wait till Sunday...  We'll have alot more answers around 4PM EDT...

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Go Jags!!!!

Messages In This Thread
GRATZ In TOP 10 CORNERBACKS PFF RUN DEFENSE RATING - by raweyejag - 09-10-2015, 02:15 PM
GRATZ In TOP 10 CORNERBACKS PFF RUN DEFENSE RATING - by raweyejag - 09-10-2015, 03:43 PM
GRATZ In TOP 10 CORNERBACKS PFF RUN DEFENSE RATING - by raweyejag - 09-10-2015, 03:55 PM
GRATZ In TOP 10 CORNERBACKS PFF RUN DEFENSE RATING - by raweyejag - 09-10-2015, 03:58 PM
GRATZ In TOP 10 CORNERBACKS PFF RUN DEFENSE RATING - by raweyejag - 09-10-2015, 05:08 PM
GRATZ In TOP 10 CORNERBACKS PFF RUN DEFENSE RATING - by The_Anchorman - 09-12-2015, 12:22 AM