Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Things I noticed after week 1 (I bet there are a million of these threads)

But bear with me, I want to be a snowflake.

- The offensive line was pretty good early on. It's promising to see them open lanes for the runners.

- Bortles is once again making the same exact mistakes that plagued him last year and it's frustrating. It's only one game, but I think the worst first impression you can possibly give is to throw the game away with almost the same exact rookie mistake pick six that you threw in games prior. Bortles just did not have a good day today and it's extremely discouraging that his woes rear their ugly heads whenever the regular season rolls around

- The defense looked fantastic until, once again, they were out on the field for far too long. Same exact issue that caused them to lose in week 1 last year.

- TJ Yeldon is the real deal, and I'm hoping he's real deal-y enough to reduce Bortles' role

- From an ability standpoint, Marqise Lee is the last bastion of hope as far as #1 receivers go. He needs to get out there and he needs to be healthy, and if he doesn't have it, the Jaguars HAVE to start looking at potential free agent receivers next year.

- I thought Joeckel did okay until he got hurt.

- Rashad Greene needs to be taken off of punt returns. This team can't compete if players are making rookie mistakes at ball handling positions like punt returns.

- Greg Olson needs to change it up. After the pick 6 he absolutely refused to throw the ball past the line of scrimmage. When the receivers aren't expecting the ball, they probably won't catch it when it actually comes to them. This is an issue that started plaguing our receivers with Gabbert as well.

- This team missed Sen'Derrick Marks in the middle. Marks would've had a field day with Newton attempting to scramble up the gut like that.

- Telvin Smith has fantastic ball instincts but his tackling is very inconsistent. He'll be a +100 tackle LB this year just because said instincts will give him that many opportunities but he needs to work on that.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
Things I noticed after week 1 (I bet there are a million of these threads) - by Jagwired'd - 09-13-2015, 04:21 PM